(1) The Top Cards of ‘Plasma Storm’ [2/16]

Marty McFly

Stage name: Marty Grant
I think it's really brave what the staff here did. They really had every intention to help out the forum and the community in general with information that they thought to be optimal with the new additions to the format. Most people don't understand the pressure that comes with writing strategy. Everybody thinks they are the best and everybody thinks they could do better. I'm one of the most accomplished players in the game period and when my top 20 came out people tried to speak of it negatively until it proved to predict the Regionals results correctly. I really wanna thank you guys for stepping up and taking a chance regardless of what people would try to say.

exdarkrai01

Aspiring Trainer
fable19 said:
exdarkrai01 said:
Because Gardevoir is a 110HP Stage 2. For Gallade to be useful you have to have Gardevoir out, which you will need to stream, which you won't be able to do successfully. I have tested it, and it doesn't work. You would think running 2 Stage 2s off the same evolution line is good, but in reality its bad. Your most precious resource in a deck should never be your basic. There important, but with no Ralts you literally have no deck. Imagine games where you prize 2 Ralts (trust me you do prize 2 of your basic more than you would think). Gardevoir/Gallade just doesn't work, as good as the idea is. Like I said earlier in this thread, its a cute fundeck idea, but Secret Sword just eats it alive as does a Night Spear with a Dark Claw

I've tested it too and it's a very solid deck.
Make a t2 gardevoir is as easy as make a t2 blastoise.
For a Keldeo/Darkray killing a gardevoir means that a mewtwo have a free 2-hit ko (2 prizes for 1), not considering that with rescue scarf and super rod gardevoir it's on the board almost every turn.
On the other hand gardvoir doesn't have to be your very first pokèmon. In fact the right way to use the deck is to consider Gardevoir only as a way to score an easy ko with Mewtwo/Gallade by doubling the energies on the field in one turn.

We can discuss this in another topic :)
Umm that is not a free 2HKO with Mewtwo. Not even close. Gallade does not work as an attacker in this deck without a gardevoir out. You realize Darkrai and Klingklang, 2 very popular decks are resistant to Psychic right?

You are right though, Gardevoir is a solid deck. So is Garchomp. And Garchomp never does very well in this format. Stage 2 attackers that aren't Empoleon don't work very well in this format. Especially when that Stage 2 needs support from a stage 2 thats off the same evolution line.

Roarkiller

Aspiring Trainer
But this requires some time to set up, because it’s pretty doubtful anyone will be getting T2 Klinklang.

I find this funny, because in my 20+ games of testing, I have missed a T2 klinklang a total of TWO times. Yes, it is that consistent.

Try 4 heavy ball and 3 skyla with a 3/1 klinklang split. Works like a charm.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Roarkiller said:
But this requires some time to set up, because it’s pretty doubtful anyone will be getting T2 Klinklang.

I find this funny, because in my 20+ games of testing, I have missed a T2 klinklang a total of TWO times. Yes, it is that consistent.

Then good heavens you must have excellent luck or I just have terrible luck. Because I've had problems. -_-

exdarkrai01

Aspiring Trainer
Roarkiller said:

Agreed with Serperior. How are you playtesting? N can be severely disruptive to a T2 Stage 2. Are you also running Tropical Beach. I know that if you really emphasize consistency, you can hit around 70%, and that's making the complete focus the T2 S2. I find it hard to believe that its possible to hit 90%+ on a T2 Stage 2. I mean even if you max out candy, search, beach, Skyla Etc. it still won't always happen. I just don't see a 90% rate possible. The numbers just can't add up. Too many factors such as needing your basic out T1, supporter droughts, N etc.. really make it difficult. 90%+ would be insane.

Riskbreakers

The Brilliant Star☆
Serperior said:
Roarkiller said:

Then good heavens you must have excellent luck or I just have terrible luck. Because I've had problems. -_-

Welcome to the world of the the most luckbased TCG Format in recent years.

Thunder Crown

Aspiring Trainer
This article is great and all, but I really disagree about ROTOM being usable. C'mon guys, a solid choice?
And keldeo(a musketeer) killing a cobalion(Mentor) is funny
White Kyurem + Chandy + Regigigas(For coverage) = ownage (although a stage two is hard to get out much less 2)
Lugia EX - just wait till plasma triad is released. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Everything else is good.
Another thing:This is NOT the place to theorymon about plasma breeze, is it?