(1) May 'CoroCoro' Leaks in Full - New BW2 Details! [4/11]

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...
Wow, an actual sequel? With major differences? Maybe they finally realized "new" games with mostly minor changes here and there won't cut it anymore. Hopefully the rest of the changes to Unova are as drastic as what's seen here. (In other words, not a repeat of Platinum where "for some reason Sinnoh is colder" and then there are only a few snowy patches early on.)

Akuroma looks cool, but wow that hair is odd. Though, it seems literally all of the characters revealed in the magazine have some pretty crazy hair.

Still no Sugimori art for Meloetta yet, which is really annoying. I don't get why they just can't release it already if Meloetta's already been revealed. Hopefully they'll do so online once the official sites update with this information.

Blui

lv85 paladin
@ Xous: Oh gooddness that hair, we're becoming Yu-Gi-Oh, still we have friendship and don't think that cards have hearts.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
Blui129 said:
@ Xous: Oh gooddness that hair, we're becoming Yu-Gi-Oh, still we have friendship and don't think that cards have hearts.

Really? Really? Have you never heard of the "heart of the cards?"

Anyway, I'm glad at how different the sequels seem to be, since I honestly hated the originals and the farther apart from them the better (as long as its not ranger).

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
Wow, this looks pretty cool! I'm really, REALLY glad they changed it, so everything isn't mostly the same (Platnium was very boring for me). The new trainers look odd, the male one looks like the one from B/W... only with his hair grown so much that it burst out of the top of his hat. With the new Gym Leaders, I hope we get a Dark-type one. I also find it cool that you start in a town that isn't only 4 houses and (sometimes) a Pokemon Lab. I'm also really, really glad this has an expanded Pokedex. B/W didn't have any good water types (I didn't pick Oshawott), so I hope this makes Surfing a lot easier for me. This will be a great game :D.

DerpyMartian

6th Generation... Is AWESOME!
Honestly, I have a really good feeling about this game. I am really excited. As for the ice, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be like the Gold/Silver/Crystal games. Once you beat the main region and story, you can go the the Kanto region. In this case, once you get Black/White Kyurem and beat the story/Elite Four, Kyurem unfreezes it for you. And then you have the Unova region fully. But that is what I think. I believe that this will defiantly one of the best games in the series.

Benjamin7874

Electric Trainer
My somewhat obvious theory: After leaving with his Reshiram/Zekrom, N discovers that he can fuse its power with Kyurem. He returns to Unova to try to capture Kyurem, who becomes enraged and freezes half of Unova (possibly freezing N as well). I'm sure once we (the player) defeat Kyurem, the region with thaw out and we will get to explore the previously frozen areas. These areas will probably be changed due to being frozen for so long.

Also, I'm hoping some of the 300+ Unova Pokedex Pokemon are new forms or (pre)evolutions of some Generation 5 Pokemon!

Blui

lv85 paladin
Dark Void said:
Really? Really? Have you never heard of the "heart of the cards?"

Anyway, I'm glad at how different the sequels seem to be, since I honestly hated the originals and the farther apart from them the better (as long as its not ranger).

Yes, I know what 'heart of the cards' is, it's friendship towards a card, sounds extremely nerdy to me. I guess it's kinda weird that we love small little creatures and pit them to battle with others.

Any way my 'NEW' plot theory:
After the events of BW Ghetis formed a ne team to complete his wish of the world becoming his, after managing to bring Pokemon from other regions to Unova he used them for war (Craters on Driftveil City, the mote of the Entralink being missing and Liberty Island being gone) after being defeted N who just returned from a journey of his own Kyrem recognised N to be worthy of becoming the succesor to the Hero of Truth/Ideals. With this he helped spawn a new understanding between people and Pokemon. After making several new towns for the new loving people to live in the scars still remained, N left them there as a reminder that humans aren't perfect. The pokemon that Ghetis brought over have populated Unova and changed the area drasticly.
*POST*
Ghetis waits paitently for the time to strike, when N leaves to return Kyurem and Reshiram to the wild to watch over the world.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Told ya thered be a poison gym if there were going to be more XD
And OMG A SCOLIPEDE GUITAR!!11 <3<3

Expect Steel, Rock, Grass, Fire. If E4 doesnt change types, this is given.
With the Poison and Water one...
the last one will definitely remain Dragon, and that leaves us with one that could be Normal or a new twist like the gym1 trio.

Old pokemon. Of course!
I mean they cannot have us travel A PROPER Unova with the same "150->E4->random whatever old in all east" thing, since obviously the east side wont be a lacking postgame sidetrack half of the region this time.

Maybe you noticed, but certain pokemon have been in ALL regional dexes until BW.
So my hopes are they would not fill the additional 150 spots with the standard critters and give some of the lesser popular a chance.

Psyduck... bad sign LOL
Riolu so early? Thats odd!
Remember how for example Ralts, a gen3 poke is actually more common in Pt Sinnoh than in Hoenn? Looks like lots of thats gonna happen in the new Unova.
Metagross...Eevee...fanservice obviously
But Mareep!!1 :D
Arcanine! YES. Ninetales till now was ahead while Arcanine was stuck in Kanto/Johto O:
Lapras YES. Another one I initially used to fill holes in my fakedex while trying to ignore the standard mons.
Theres a 14309% chance Pikachu will be in those 300 *facepalm*
Magikarp seems kind of inevitable if they add fishing this time...

They better not give us Geodudes, Zubats, Abras, Machop, Tentacool, Goldeen, Rhyhorn, Magnemite. Weve seen those enough!!
Give us forgotten stuff like Electrike and Skitty and freaking upgrade those into usable for a change

Hmmm.
I was sure there wouldn't be a new hero and we would replay BW but the story continuing a long part after E4 instead....because of one little issue:
If Hero1 & N already have the 2 dragons,
would hero2 be able to obtain them in any way then?
Unless these two release the dragons into the wild and we meet them just higher level ala 70...or something.
It would be odd for the sequel to have less main legends available instead of more.

But hell yes, otherwise this is ingenious.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I like the total change in character designs for the male and female starter Trainer. At least the girl looks a little more normalized.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Whoa, I was always excited for this but jeez, this game looks like it's gonna be amazing!

I'm especially loving the new character design for the protagonist/rival, who both look really nice. I do wonder what the major version differences will be and whether it would be worth it to pick up both copies.

Amphy23

Aspiring Trainer
My two cents on this...
Confirmed sequels! Yay! Now everybody can put to rest the spirit that was Haunter-ing them!
I like the new towns and such, since I don't want to go through a new game with just some new Pokemon available.
Since you're starting in a new place, and there's new gym leaders, will they have some old leaders as well?
Are they making a new Team Plasma castle out of the old one (Volcarona) in Route 4, or are they finally realizing how awesome Volcarona is?
Is the weird dude-aka "Mysterious Guy," Akuroma-going to be the new professor, or something?
New Pokemon. Meh.
That's all!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I really can't wait to see more on these games. The images on the leaked pages look so cool, and I love all the updated/new character designs.

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
That professor is related to Ghetsis. Just... Look at him.

So they didn't show Eevee's dex number? What if... it is #1? And Eevee has finally given a true starter status? This is highly unlikely, but on can always dream...

If not, I'd like to have assorted starters as the starter trio, something like Treecko, Charmander and Piplup.

I really like the new characters, the rival is really cool. And I'm totally in love with the guitar gym leader. <3

Excelent news.

Black_Zekrom22

Feebas Bait
Maybe Unova actually is covered in ice...

Storyline
Two years after the emergence of the two heroes, a war breaks out between the two. Unova is torn; each hero worshipped as a god. Many pokemon have been imported to help with the war effort, either as guardians or warriors. They are fighting possesion of Kyurem, the ultimate weapon to destroy all that oppose them. New fallout towns are created (such as the one where the main character starts in), and new gym leaders are assigned to make the people feel "safe". Suddenly one of the warring heroes (N) discovers Kyurems location, in giant chasm. Trying to overcome Kyurem, it defeats N's dragon and absorbs it into itself, becoming its' new form. Kyurem then goes on a rampage, freezing what ultimately becomes most of Unova. The main Character is then chosen to set out on a journey, a long with their childhood friend, and the two must recruit the gym leaders and eventually the heroes in a quest to save Unova and the world.

I feel like now that I see some off the new characters and things there is gonna end up being a pokemon gray after all, with all three dragons mixed.

Waiting eagerly for the high quality versions of the pictures.

TacoTurtle

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, now that I have gotten over the sheer awesomeness, then let's do this. I'm sorry, but there may be ridiculous amounts of theorymon in this comment).

First of all, new locations and starting in a CITY is sweet. I like that Pokemon is finally breaking some old molds with this game. Speaking of old molds...more gym leaders? Yes. Maybe when Trip in the anime showed Ash his unknown badges, he was actually showing badges from these gyms! Anyway, like I predict that the only two cities on the left part of Unova (Mistralton and Iccirus) will be frozen over, and the right side will be open. The new water-type gym will be located in Undella Town, while the poison gym will either be in Lacunosa Town or some new area (it did say there would be new towns). They would replace the flying and ice gyms, respectively. This would also block off Dragonspiral Tower (which technically wouldn't matter since Reshiram/Zekrom isn't there anymore) and would give access to Giant Chasm and Kyurem. As for why that area is frozen over, it obviously has something to do with Kyurem (I'm not sure what, but we'll have to see). So...yeah. Oh and as for having Pokemon of all regions... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Overall, this game is quickly shaping up to be everything I got out of Black and White, mixed with everything I wanted Black and White to be before it came out. I know I'm saying this too early, but this might very well become the best Pokemon game yet.

DeepSleepDarkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Blui129 said:
(Craters on Driftveil City, the mote of the Entralink being missing and Liberty Island being gone)

Liberty Island isn't gone if you look between the Psyduck pokedex pic and the battle pic with Eevee it's right there.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Most of Unova getting frozen? That's defiantly piqued my already fascinating interest. I'd definitely consider getting a copy of the game. (And I may do so.)

Mitja

veteran smartass
Wait, does seriously everyone think half Unova will be frozen??
Its a picture with ice to keep parts of the map secret.
I didnt have to use Defog in the Platinum Battle Frontier *facepalm*