(1) Kyurem, Hydreigon, and Victini from 'Noble Victories' [9/21]

Charizard3712

Aspiring Trainer
Vulpix Yolk said:
I love the art on the Victini. I like the dull red, I hope that it stays that way. It is nice we are going to be getting some playable cards, Hydreigon will never be worth the paper it is printed on, but Kyurem and Victini are very playable. This is going to be a great set.

Edit: Oh wow, that set symbol is awesome.

May I have an explanation as of why you think this?

Xous

Disappear to a place beyond seeing...
Changing Hydreigon's attack's name from Dangerous Blade to Berserker Blade was an awesome choice. Though I still wish it had something to do with flames or energy rather than blades. Other than that... It's nice to be able to see the English versions of these cards now.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
Charizard3712 said:
May I have an explanation as of why you think this?

Um, its extremely slow, has a huge attack cost of 4, which, aded to the atrocious retreat of 3 and the fact it is a stage 2 makes it one of the best examples of catcher bait, and it doesn't even have a good enough damage output to keep up with Reshiram, a basic. It also has a weakness to Donphan, one of the worst weaknesses in the meta.

Charizard3712

Aspiring Trainer
Dark Void said:
Um, its extremely slow, has a huge attack cost of 4, which, aded to the atrocious retreat of 3 and the fact it is a stage 2 makes it one of the best examples of catcher bait, and it doesn't even have a good enough damage output to keep up with Reshiram, a basic. It also has a weakness to Donphan, one of the worst weaknesses in the meta.

His ability makes the attack cost not bad at all, a DCE will turn into two darkness energy and with two DCE on him he is ready to attack, you can also team him up with ability emboar if you wanted. Donphan will hardly be playedonce they release Cryogonal in this set. Trust me Hydreigon will see play.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
Hydreigon will not see play. It has a bad matchup against literally every deck imaginable. Zekrom just catchers and kills Deinos and Zweilouses and if you ever manage to get out a Hydreigon they will just 2HKO that. Yanmega 2HKOs Hydreigon and Hydreigon 2HKOs back but it's almost impossible to set up 2 Hydreigon in a match. Donphan 2HKOs and gets 3HKOed back and yet again is way easier to set up again, also it can use catcher to kill Deinos and Zweilouses. Oh yeah, Yanmega and Donphan can also use Max Potion to make you lose a Hydreigon without getting a single KO. Gothitelle makes it nearly impossible to set up a Hydreigon and they 2HKO it anyway while using Reuniclus and Max Potion to prevent you from getting a KO. Reshiram Catchers and KOs Deinos and Zweilouses and if you get a Hydreigon up they just trade 2HKOs with that or use Typhlosions to remove DCEs. I'd say it is one of the worst rares in the set.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Kyurem and Fliptini look amazing. I still can't wait for this set to come out.

dmaster out.

Mist

Yo, my name is Brock. I'm the master of rock
To me, the set symbol looks like Victini's head turned. Anyway, the cards look amazing. Can't wait for the prereleases.

ramsey1993

===Krookodile===
I love the new set symbol. I just really hope there is a sandile line in here, even though i highly doubt it :(.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
What Dark Void said. Except for the part about being one of the worst rares. We don't know that yet :p

Hey, if Tyranitar Prime isn't being played anywhere, and Tyranitar is a downright amazing card save for its weakness to Donphan, what makes you think Hydreigon will see any play?
It won't.

LuxTwo

TeamSandileWich
^ I agree with you. Maybe Hydreigon wont work out, but I'm going to try it at least. It seems fun. =)

DNA

Advanced Member
Charizard3712 said:
Hey it's fine everyone is thinking that hydreigon sucks just trade them all to me : )

If you think Hydreigon can legitimately work and you are focusing on a build that can actually do so, then I wish you the best of luck.

Just be very careful.

Charizard3712

Aspiring Trainer
DNA said:
If you think Hydreigon can legitimately work and you are focusing on a build that can actually do so, then I wish you the best of luck.

Just be very careful.

Trust me when Leavanny comes out to get rid of his weakness Hydreigon will be a power house. Also Hydreigon doesn't have to be a main attacker, him and Tyranitar could be a really good combo and I may try him with Cresselia/Darkrai Legend as well to move damage counters around.

DNA

Advanced Member
...three Stage 2s? Seriously, good luck with that.

volkaryie

Aspiring Trainer
Ok 1. The set according to the Pokemon website releases the 16th while the starter decks release the 2nd. Which means they will not be allowed in decks during the fall regionals. 2. Hydreigon is a stage two which if you have played any form of magnezone or emboar or reshiram or google.dec you would know that two stage twos is very difficult. Also once you start dumping DCE on Hydreigon I will just lost remover them away or Typhlosion them away. 3. The fact that we will be getting all of red set and what was missing from the decks that they got that we did not is EPIC. 4. No chance of us getting anything from japans B&W set 3. Not a chance. 5. Kyurem is beast and so is N. Also I expect the trio to get a lot more use with the cheaper costs as techs against anything popular. IE Hydreigon although I have no clue why Kyurem and anything else. So yeah. Very very very tough set to judge. We will be getting great things but most will see very little play again. May be fun to play with but the winning decks IMO will still be what is winning now maby with a few tweaks.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Awesome! As this will probably be the last box I buy until the 6th gen (or perhaps until Keldeo, Meloetta, and/or Genesect are released in card form), I'm eagerly awaiting this set. It'll be nice to essentially finish off the Unova Pokémon in TCG form...all in under a year, too! It took longer than that for the DP cards, if I recall correctly.

Furn

Aspiring Trainer
Unless I'm missing something, it looks like they're moved FA Vicitini into the nationaldex order before the trio, and N is either moved out of the set or he'll be the only FA to remain a secret.

Jade

Retired
97/101 Virizion
98/101 Victini
99/101 Terrikion
100/101 Cobalion
101/101 N
102/101 Meowth

imo.

Charizard3712

Aspiring Trainer
volkaryie said:
Ok 1. The set according to the Pokemon website releases the 16th while the starter decks release the 2nd. Which means they will not be allowed in decks during the fall regionals. 2. Hydreigon is a stage two which if you have played any form of magnezone or emboar or reshiram or google.dec you would know that two stage twos is very difficult. Also once you start dumping DCE on Hydreigon I will just lost remover them away or Typhlosion them away. 3. The fact that we will be getting all of red set and what was missing from the decks that they got that we did not is EPIC. 4. No chance of us getting anything from japans B&W set 3. Not a chance. 5. Kyurem is beast and so is N. Also I expect the trio to get a lot more use with the cheaper costs as techs against anything popular. IE Hydreigon although I have no clue why Kyurem and anything else. So yeah. Very very very tough set to judge. We will be getting great things but most will see very little play again. May be fun to play with but the winning decks IMO will still be what is winning now maby with a few tweaks.

Who in the world plays lost remover? And I was just saying that if my weakness for hydreigon got out of hand than I could just use leavanny when it comes out in Feb to get rid of his weakness. And I could just tech in a couple of cryogonals or maybe even kyurem to counter donphan and typhlosion since hydreigon can turn all energy on him into darkness. My argument here is that everyone is dismissing the potential of hydreigon and the fact that he is a good card.

DNA said:
...three Stage 2s? Seriously, good luck with that.

I never said I would have all three in one deck, I said that leavanny could get rid of weakness if I had to or I would team hydreigon with tyranitar for a cool combo

volkaryie

Aspiring Trainer
It would be a cool combo and lost remover is played more than you would think. You can either use it or use it for Junk Arm. I was not saying Hydreigon is a bad card. Its not bad. It has the same thing as Ho-Oh legend. Problem though like stated is it is a stage two. It takes way too long. Other than the bench damage he is not really that good. Only Gengar Prime and Mismagius have a dark weakness and I rarely see them in play any more. It will be harder for him to see play. I would be surprised if he saw more play than say cobalion scizzor or steelix because of Kyurem.