(1) Final Drawing of Orotto, More Trailer Details [7/17]

I'm still hoping for grass/ghost at this point for Orotto, but no matter what it's type it's guaranteed a spot on my team. I love the design too it fit's the whole idea of a "haunted tree" perfectly.

Since it'll almost certainly have Grass as one of its type this guy will be on my team, but even so, it's just seems so awesome.
By the foliage on its wrists and on top of the head, I'm guessing this Pokémon will stand still with its arms raised and then scares people and Pokémon by moving the arms and opening his eye.
I'm really hoping for it to be Grass/Ghost or vice-versa. Also, If some girl back in Gen.I got her wish come true of having a pink Pokémon with a flower pattern (Munna), then Gardenia can have her fear also coming to life.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Since it'll almost certainly have Grass as one of its type this guy will be on my team, but even so, it's just seems so awesome.
By the foliage on its wrists and on top of the head, I'm guessing this Pokémon will stand still with its arms raised and then scares people and Pokémon by moving the arms and opening his eye.
I'm really hoping for it to be Grass/Ghost or vice-versa. Also, If some girl back in Gen.I got her wish come true of having a pink Pokémon with a flower pattern (Munna),

I actually think they may have originally planned a munna in gen 1 because there is data for 39 unused pokemon.

zappy80 said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
I'm really hoping for it to be Grass/Ghost or vice-versa. Also, If some girl back in Gen.I got her wish come true of having a pink Pokémon with a flower pattern (Munna),

I actually think they may have originally planned a munna in gen 1 because there is data for 39 unused pokemon.

I didn't know about that but it might be right since Drowzee is from Gen.I and both Drowzee and Munna are based on the same creature and concept. Perhaps they came up with Munna first but then decided to create or modify it into Drowzee.

zappy80 said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

Are you sure they aren't just second generation pokemon...?

Jakeremix said:
zappy80 said:

Are you sure they aren't just second generation pokemon...?

The babies definitely were but that is not enough even with the friendship evolutions besides they picked 190 from 300 all 190 were their favorites so it could be from those.

I like all parts of its design except one- its eye looks exactly like Dusknoirs. Could be because its an "accurate fan art", but for some reason it just bugs the hell out of me.

While I don't know a lot about Gundam, I know the Dusknoir eye is almost straight from the "Zaku" mechas:
http://alsw.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/konachan-com-92192-sample.jpg

Pictures from the trailer have surfaced!!
EDIT: Higher-quality pic:
56MXsFM.jpg

OIjHIm1.jpg

OYPXfLo.jpg

Looks neat, but like has been said above multiple times, it looks a bit too similar to Dusknoir for my liking. Not that that's a bad thing, I like Dusknoir. But still. =P

Like I've said, I like it.
The fact that they showed it in a horde, has me thinking that since it have strips it might move in group so that it blends one another.
Despite the likeness to Dusknoir I don't get upset by that. Clauncher also has a bigger pinch like Kingler. There are going to be similarities, I guess one-eyed ghost is scarier than a two-eyed. XD
If it evolves I hope it becomes more of a floating log made of separate parts with floating hands (like Haunter) but with a green "aura" in the wrists.

Back