(1) Final Drawing of Orotto, More Trailer Details [7/17]

Squidtepig

Aspiring Trainer
Looks pretty badass to me. Please be Grass/Ghost! Also, RETURN OF DIVE!?!? X and Y just stole my heart away.

alapost

Aspiring Trainer
oh, it sure looks Dark-y or Ghost-ly but i'm leaning towards part dark type. the other probably grass. plus, since we start at lumiose city and the forest is shown further down on the map and each of the forests we had is not very far from the start town/city the level is the appropriate, i think.

(flabebe undersea? lol was it holding it's nose??does it even have a nose i don't remember)

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Whoops, I meant to remove that whole undersea bit. I think it was actually just part of Clauncher's attack animation. I think he was using Crabhammer and the whole scene just went blue as an effect of the animation.

Squidtepig

Aspiring Trainer
Water Pokémon Master said:
Whoops, I meant to remove that whole undersea bit. I think it was actually just part of Clauncher's attack animation. I think he was using Crabhammer and the whole scene just went blue as an effect of the animation.

Noooo.. I wanted Dive to come back.. oh wells. lol.

Any who. I'm expecting Orotto to be Grass/Ghost but I could see it being Grass/Dark too. Time will tell I suppose.

alapost

Aspiring Trainer
ah, just like the animation of water pulse!!
but it would be really cool if we hade dive back! more places to explore...boohooo :'-(

zappy80

Aspiring Trainer
Whoa it feels like I have read all these other posts before. Whatever it is either grass/ghost or grass/dark no way it is anything else.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
This really gives me a Grass/Ghost vibe.

It's definitely either gonna be that, or Grass/Dark. (assuming it's a dual type at all)

AtmosphericThunder

Artist
I love its design! If this is as close as you think it is, Water Pokemon Master, I'm definitely going to consider catching myself one when X and Y are out!

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
You went to see the movie two more times?
You'll do anything for a chance at getting the biggest news, won't you? |3

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
It looks really badass. That is a really good design. I hope Trapinch and Horsea make it into the game to have them both on my in game team for once.

Raptor9229

Aspiring Dragon Trainer
alapost said:
oh, it sure looks Dark-y or Ghost-ly but i'm leaning towards part dark type. the other probably grass. plus, since we start at lumiose city and the forest is shown further down on the map and each of the forests we had is not very far from the start town/city the level is the appropriate, i think.

(flabebe undersea? lol was it holding it's nose??does it even have a nose i don't remember)

Yup, I am guessing Orotto is either Grass/Dark or Grass/Ghost due to its looks. That face literally does look either Dark or ghost. Almost reminds me of Dusknoir like steffenka noted.

shinysearcher

Help me find a shiny! haha :D
I'm loving that Ent-Cyclops thingy called Orotto even more hahaha :D It looks awesome and I think it will be one of those Pokemon that doesn't have an evlutionary line. *fingers crossed for Grass/Ghost*

Ohman177

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah this looks like a great standalone pokemon. If he is actually based off of an ent, I hope they have a standalone, peaceful counterpart based off of a wood nymph.

viper.fox

色違いピジョット
Ooooh now that'd be an awesome combination there. And hey, wood nymph would be a great time for them to bust out Grass/Fairy as a counterpart to whatever Orotto ends up being.

Jakeremix

I wanna be the very best~
I LOVE IT. I really can't decide between dark or ghost at this point, but I'm still really hoping for Grass/Ghost.

So do you guys think it'll have a pre-evo, or will it have an evolution? Seeing as it was at level 25, I'm thinking it could've evolved around level 20 or it doesn't have a family.

Raptor9229

Aspiring Dragon Trainer
Jakeremix said:
I LOVE IT. I really can't decide between dark or ghost at this point, but I'm still really hoping for Grass/Ghost.

So do you guys think it'll have a pre-evo, or will it have an evolution? Seeing as it was at level 25, I'm thinking it could've evolved around level 20 or it doesn't have a family.

Or it could be the first pokemon in its evolutionary family and the whole family evolves late.

If its final form is that of a giant redwood like pokemon then yeah (that is if it does evolve)

Also there are three stage pokemon that evolve later than level 20.

Jakeremix

I wanna be the very best~
Raptor9229 said:
Jakeremix said:

Or it could be the first pokemon in its evolutionary family and the whole family evolves late.

If its final form is that of a giant redwood like pokemon then yeah (that is if it does evolve)

Yeah, I can't really imagine what an evolution would look like. For now, I'll probably call it a standalone, but it it has an evolution I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Raptor9229

Aspiring Dragon Trainer
Jakeremix said:
Raptor9229 said:

Yeah, I can't really imagine what an evolution would look like. For now, I'll probably call it a standalone, but it it has an evolution I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Agree, the only thing we can do right now is guess on details but once x and y come out we can get the real facts.