(1) Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie’s Types Revealed [1/14]

Well we will just have to wait for their evolutions, i like all three so far, i like froakie the best, then fennekin and finally chespin. I have a strange feeling that chespin will look the best when fully evolved however.

night_zekrom said:
bulbasaur was only part poison because most of the grass types introduced in gen 1 were dual typed
i equally hated all three unova starters, never played with them. i would catch a lilipup and deposit my starter every time.

If Torchic was announced today people would draw it becoming some sort of phoenix and be pure Fire or Fire/Flying

GameFreak will throw curveballs. They always do.

I don't like that they keep making them pure-type and left Bulbasaur as the only dual-type starter. Mudkip could have been Water/Ground from the beginning, for example.

safariblade said:
DNA said:
Yes, it does happen. I mean, just look at Serperior. (Or any of the Unova starters, really.)
What are you talking about, Serperior is the coolest of all Unova starters.

Serperior looks like a giant green worm coming out of a giant green banana peel.

The starters? Makes sense. Every one of the starters has been pure type, except Bulbasaur. But, in Kanto, most grass types were dual type anyway.

Tangela wasn't. Therefore another "Bulbasaur" happening in future cannot be disregarded as a possibility.

For example I could easily see a Grass starter that is /Flying from the beginning, because Flying too, like Poison, is neutral to all the other two starter types.

EDIT: bold

Mitja said:
Tangela wasn't. Therefore another "Bulbasaur" happening in future cannot be disregarded as a possibility.

For example I could easily see a starter that is /Flying from the beginning, because Flying to like Poison, is neutral to all starter types.

Flying > Grass

Or did I miss your point?

olol, yeah, forgot about that one. (And Poison too)

Still leaves at least Grass/Flying as perfectly innocent though ;D

Jay said:
* Jay yawns

I hope Gen 6 news doesn't stay this slow for long...

Eh, I think I'd rather slow and steady news like this than the once a month CoroCoro bursts. Though, those are pretty fun.

whats really interesting is how there stats will be

i think fennekin will be a special attacker and froakie physical

chespin is probably going to be the slow and high defensive one despite the fact that i really want him to be grass dark physical sweeper the chances are sure against me :(

Super__Sonic said:
Do we know what Froakie's typing will be? Thats what I'm most curious about.

Froakie itself is Water-type. That was what was previously announced.

DNA said:
Super__Sonic said:
Do we know what Froakie's typing will be? Thats what I'm most curious about.

Froakie itself is Water-type. That was what was previously announced.

Hmm, I wondered if they had announced it to be a dual type. Thanks for the info!

I really want to know what it will evolve into

Super__Sonic said:
Hmm, I wondered if they had announced it to be a dual type. Thanks for the info!

I really want to know what it will evolve into

This thread is discussing the fact that all 3 Starters are pure type.

Fire_Type_Trainer720 said:
This sucks!!! I was really hoping for a fire-physic combo. Maybe when fennekin evolves perhaps?

Why do you want this so bad? Count how many weaknesses Victini has, and then see if you still think it sucks.

Back