•Purple Juice•™

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxJytzxx

Aspiring Trainer
nJMwA.png

First I would like to say, welcome to Purple Juice! Here, we will discuss all types of gfx, including pixel art. With in best interest, we will strive to help improve you on your journey of gfx and/or pixel art. General art lessons will be provided to help the community. Everyone has dream, so come in and we can help you along the way of fulfilling that dream!

Join us! We are the light that shines through the darkness!

Staff Positions:You May Apply For Them!
Owner: me
Administration: Raven, Goo, ZX0, Shiro
Moderator Staff: Lenti, Msdcc
Resourcing Staff:
Personal Purple Juice Team: me, ZX0, nus
Member: Gliscor, monpyro97

Form:
Name:
What types of gfx are you interested in:
How long have you been doing this:
What program do you use:
5 examples of your best art:
What position would you want to apply for:

Past relative clans/groups created by fellow artists of the kind:
Paint On!: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=63470
GFX Design Team: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=54534

Helpful threads:
[Lighting]Dodging and Burning In Photoshop: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=75423
[Composition] Making Your Art Complete: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=75611

You may post any artwork of yours here if you so desire. Critique will be provided.

Updates*
Gliscor has joined as a member
monpyro97 has joined as a member/pupil

*Approved*

Please remember if you wish to join this group please PM the leader. (xxJytzxx)

Thank you.

dmaster out.

PikachuGirl said:
I was experimenting with the Burn Tool in this Banner.
I think it's my best one yet, what do you think?

banner17.png

mmm... I really like how those shapes are arranged. There is defintely signs of some depth and lighting. Now let's see how it would look without the pokemon and text in it. It'll look more "abstracty" and also try to mess around with the perspective tool on some of the shapes, making more of an interesting piece to look at.

I'll try that next time.
Seeing as the image is saved I can't remove the image, or text.

So I decided to make a new banner.

banner22222222222222222.png

PikachuGirl said:
I'll try that next time.
So, I'll have to make a new banner.
After and during the progression of your work, always remember to save the document as an .XCF or .PSD file type. This makes it that you can always open up the document and all of it's layers will still be there, for any further editing. Always remember to do that during and after you're finished with your piece.

Yeah. What I do is save the tag as a PSD and PNG, so I have an edited version and a high quality version. I really do like the shape effect too, adds some great effects. But for the text/image in your Duskull tag, try making Duskull blend in some more with the tag and have the text much easier to be read.

I'm going to update with a new tag soon. It's done, but I don't have enough time to upload it.

PikachuGirl said:
I'll try that next time.

So I decided to make a new banner.

banner22222222222222222.png
Ahh I see you have now edited it. Try spacing those shapes out a bit more. For a piece like that, you can actually use the negative space to your advantage, if composed right.

Gliscor said:
Yeah. What I do is save the tag as a PSD and PNG, so I have an edited version and a high quality version. I really do like the shape effect too, adds some great effects. But for the text/image in your Duskull tag, try making Duskull blend in some more with the tag and have the text much easier to be read.

I'm going to update with a new tag soon. It's done, but I don't have enough time to upload it.
Good tips.

And cant wait to see your tag

Also, since I deleted everything in my showcase, here are the c4ds that I've made in the past:

http://www.deviantart.com/download/160183199/1st_C4D_Pack_by_acrostic_aesthetics.zip

OK, it's up ^.^

Charizard_tag_by_Gliscorz.png

IMO, the background could've used a border and I could've removed those purple-ish spots, but I think this one turned out great. Oh, and I should listen to my own advice and have Zard blend in with the background some more.

Rate/Hate!

Gliscor said:
OK, it's up ^.^

Charizard_tag_by_Gliscorz.png

IMO, the background could've used a border and I could've removed those purple-ish spots, but I think this one turned out great. Oh, and I should listen to my own advice and have Zard blend in with the background some more.

Rate/Hate!

I think you need to kill the soft brush that is most towards the left. If you wanna make it look as though fire is in his hand, then >this< should help you out.
The bg just looks like a whole bunch of brushing and not really coordinated that much. Perhaps try experimenting with the smudge tool.

I wanted to join but i cant make i i want to be tutored

Form:
Name:monpyro97
What types of gfx are you interested in:Banner
How long have you been doing this:One Week
What program do you use:photoshop CS4
5 examples of your best art:...
What position would you want to apply for:pupil

monpyro97 said:
I wanted to join but i cant make i i want to be tutored

Form:
Name:monpyro97
What types of gfx are you interested in:Banner
How long have you been doing this:One Week
What program do you use:photoshop CS4
5 examples of your best art:...
What position would you want to apply for:pupil

Cool, youre in. So you wanna be tutored? Well, I have msn messenger. If you can provide your msn, if would make things much easier.

[email protected]

Ohh ok. Well the piece seemed to be a bit too sharp, in general. Ok so you tried out shapes. Let's see if photo manipulation might be good for you.

Find a few stock and post them here, and I'll see if you should use them.

Thanks Jytz. I don't have enough time to read it, so I'll get to it later.

For the tag, I basically just just added a whole bunch of splatter brushes, gave it some photo filters/gradient maps, and added some C4D's with some more of those photo filters/maps, yeah.

Well keep on improving man. And try and use some subtle stocks as bgs. Try making something that's kinda calm and filled with warms colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back