Help Rhyhorn Card Instructions

sakirose

Aspiring Trainer
I just received my first Rhyhorn card. The attack instructions say:

Dig Out (Requiring 1 Fight energy) 10
Discard the top card of your deck. If that card is a Energy card, attach it to this Pokémon.

My question is: Do I do discard the top card of MY deck when I attack my opponent? Is this done when I draw this card initially? ..or when I promote it to Active Pokemon?

I just received my first Rhyhorn card. The attack instructions say:

Dig Out (Requiring 1 Fight energy) 10
Discard the top card of your deck. If that card is a Energy card, attach it to this Pokémon.

My question is: Do I do discard the top card of MY deck when I attack my opponent? Is this done when I draw this card initially? ..or when I promote it to Active Pokemon?

If it isn't labeled as something else (Ability, Ancient Trait, etc.) then this kind of text on a card is an attack. Barring a few rare exceptions, you may attack only once during your turn, using your Active Pokémon, and once the attack is done, your turn is over. The Energy symbols in front of attack name and text are the Energy Requirements needed to use the attack.

So, if Rhyhorn is your Active Pokémon and you have [F] attached to it - this is the shorthand for "Fighting Energy" - you may use Dig out at your attack for the turn. After saying you're using the attack, you discard the top card from your deck; if it is an Energy card, you attach it to Rhyhorn ("this Pokémon") and if it is anything else it just remains discarded.

Thank you!

If it isn't labeled as something else (Ability, Ancient Trait, etc.) then this kind of text on a card is an attack. Barring a few rare exceptions, you may attack only once during your turn, using your Active Pokémon, and once the attack is done, your turn is over. The Energy symbols in front of attack name and text are the Energy Requirements needed to use the attack.

So, if Rhyhorn is your Active Pokémon and you have [F] attached to it - this is the shorthand for "Fighting Energy" - you may use Dig out at your attack for the turn. After saying you're using the attack, you discard the top card from your deck; if it is an Energy card, you attach it to Rhyhorn ("this Pokémon") and if it is anything else it just remains discarded.

Back