Discussion Can Noivern GX make a comeback?

bdov777

Pokemon Champion
Dragon Majesty offers a lot of support to Noivern such as Altaria, Zinnia, and even Lance. Also this could be an amazing way to use Latios Prism. Noivern was always a powerful card but lacked support ever since double dragon energy rotated. I think Zinnia makes this relevant again. What do you guys think?

I think it can. I'm planning on building an Expanded deck with it and Altaria GX, Lance prism and Zinnia. It'll be easier to stack energy because of Double Dragon Energy still being in Expanded, but if they ever reprinted it in Standard then it would be busted

It was never relevant item lock needs more than just 40-70 damage and when its 2 attachments even with the incredibly situational acceleration and on a stage 1 it's really not good enough and is outpaced by deck like zoroark that dont care about item lock as much so no noivern will likely continue to be bad

Yeah I'm quite hopeful for Noivern with the release of Dragon Majesty, been testing out Noivern with Malamar lately and it's not bad right now too.

It was never relevant item lock needs more than just 40-70 damage and when its 2 attachments even with the incredibly situational acceleration and on a stage 1 it's really not good enough and is outpaced by deck like zoroark that dont care about item lock as much so no noivern will likely continue to be bad
But you know what Zoroark does care about.
Special Energy Lock

So, I had the same thought with Dragon Majesty coming out. I was hyped on that, but realizing that focusing on using Kukui for knockouts and using Judge / Marshadow to brick your opponent’s hand seems more consistent and frees up deck space to use malamar. Those were my first impressions but I could be wrong.

Please try it and let me know about your success because I LOVE Noivern GX.

Also with malamar you can special energy lock T2.

Ive been messing around with it also, as I have always loved Noivern Gx since it came out. I just cant seem to find a consistent list.

I've tried teaming Noivern GX with Malamar, but haven't found the right card mix to make it work smoothly.

I want Noivern decks to be good but lock decks just don't have enough good cards to work in standard right now. Even last season Garbodor was the only good lock. Unless my supporters and my abilities are locked, I'm not gonna fall to an average of 70-90.

I have tested Noivern, and it is not good.
First of all, its energy costs are awful, as you must run several energy types and can't use DCE.
Second of all, it experiences consistency issues as there is no Dragon-type Noibat, so you cannot Mysterious Treasure a Noibat.
If you want to play Special Energy lock, Mismagius is much better.

I also don't think Noivern GX is good at the moment. If you choose to item-lock for 2 attachments, you'll do 50 damage, an amount no one cares about, and they can just setup first and win the game. Or you do 120 which is fine but for an awful 3 attachments which is way to much. If you wanna kill SPEs just play an E-Hammer.

Back