• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Actually Not Impossible Passimian Build!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Here we go. This deck focuses on getting set up lickety-split and hitting for huge numbers. Yes, we do play 3'ULP Passimian and 1 SUM Passimian. With 2 Gladion, it's not impossible!

Pokémon: 8
1 Passimian (SUM)
3 Passimian (ULP)
1 Diancie <> (X-Tra damage)
1 Drampa GX (out-of-a-pickle GX attack)
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers: 44
4 Cynthia
1 Lillie
1 Professor Kukui
2 Gladion (gotta get prized monkeys out somehow!)
2 Guzma
1 Pokémon Fan Club (gotta go fast)

4 Nest Ball (GOTTA GO FAST)
2 Ultra Ball (GOTTA GO FAST)
3 Escape Board
2 Escape Rope (it's not terrible, actually. It helps a lot)
3 Energy Loto (those energies are really hard to find in a pinch)
1 Field Blower
3 Choice Band
4 Order Pad (helps in a pinch)
4 Rescue Stretcher (wait, four? yes, four. my opponent's can't get rid of anything permanently before it comes back next turn.)
4 Acro Bike

3 Brooklet Hill

Energy: 8
4 Counter Energy (in case things go wrong/I can't find energy)
4 DCE

Put your skepticism aside. I've tried it. While having to fish through prizes can be annoying, if nothing is prized than everything gets set up turn 2. Seriously, ya'll'd be surprised. It's actually really good.
Well, anything that might be helpful is welcome.

Last edited:

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Here we go. This deck focuses on getting set up lickety-split and hitting for huge numbers. Yes, we do play 3'ULP Passimian and 1 SUM Passimian. With 2 Gladion, it's not impossible!

Pokémon: 8
1 Passimian (SUM)
3 Passimian (ULP)
1 Diancie <> (X-Tra damage)
1 Drampa GX (out-of-a-pickle GX attack)
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers: 44
3 Cynthia
2 Lillie
2 Gladion (gotta get prized monkeys out somehow!)
2 Guzma
1 Volkner (Modern-day Skyla)
1 Pokémon Fan Club (gotta go fast)

4 Nest Ball (GOTTA GO FAST)
2 Ultra Ball (GOTTA GO FAST)
3 Escape Board
2 Escape Rope (it's not terrible, actually. It helps a lot)
3 Energy Loto (those energies are really hard to find in a pinch)
1 Field Blower
3 Choice Band
4 Order Pad (helps in a pinch)
4 Rescue Stretcher (wait, four? yes, four. my opponent's can't get rid of anything permanently before it comes back next turn.)
4 Acro Bike

3 Po Town

Energy: 8
4 Counter Energy (in case things go wrong/I can't find energy)
4 DCE

Put your skepticism aside. I've tried it. While having to fish through prizes can be annoying, if nothing is prized than everything gets set up turn 2. Seriously, ya'll'd be surprised. It's actually really good.
Well, anything that might be helpful is welcome.
I don't really know what to say about this deck, other than 2 Lele and only 6 other Pokemon is not the best choice. I'd put in a baby Buzzwole and take out the Volkner.

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
Have you considered running Brooklet Hill over Po Town ?
Getting those monkeys out of the deck quickly may seem important, such as the unique copy of Diancie Prism Star.
Moreover, it can be quite good in combination with Rescue Stretcher --> shuffle 3 Pokémon back into the deck, and get one of them straight away in play.

I would probably try one or two copies of Prof. Kukui to increase the damage potential of the deck.

You could need a little more draw support too. Oranguru could help, and remains in the "monkey spirit" of the deck :)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I don't really know what to say about this deck, other than 2 Lele and only 6 other Pokemon is not the best choice. I'd put in a baby Buzzwole and take out the Volkner.
1: What exactly is your point?
2: Baby Buzz coincides with point 1, but I don’t know what it is. Standing by for a response.
3: I could do that. It’d have to be for a fourth Cynthia though.
Thanx a bunch.
Have you considered running Brooklet Hill over Po Town ?
Getting those monkeys out of the deck quickly may seem important, such as the unique copy of Diancie Prism Star.
Moreover, it can be quite good in combination with Rescue Stretcher --> shuffle 3 Pokémon back into the deck, and get one of them straight away in play.

I would probably try one or two copies of Prof. Kukui to increase the damage potential of the deck.

You could need a little more draw support too. Oranguru could help, and remains in the "monkey spirit" of the deck :)
1. Holy wow, no. I’ll do that ASAP. I have a limited collection of Stadiums at home, and Po Town was the best pick. Thank you very much!
2. See, if a Cosmoem Evolves when Po Town was in play, I would be able to hit 250, because at best I deal 240 damage. With Brooklet Hill, that’s actially not a bad idea. Just one, though.
3. Drampa GX is my draw support. I find if you get 10 cards, you have EVERYTHING. Also, this deck clogs itself a whole bunch. Instead of my cards being played so fast I run out of hand, I don’t play them and I get a huge hand because I can’t find a Cynthia. Drampa seems to solve this problem quite well, giving the deck just the kick-restart it needs.

Here’s What I’ll do:

-3 Po Town
-1 Volkner
-1 Lillie

+3 Brooklet Hill
+1 Professor Kukui
+1 Cynthia

It’s been a pleasure doing Monkey Buisness with you.

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
Drampa GX is my draw support. I find if you get 10 cards, you have EVERYTHING. Also, this deck clogs itself a whole bunch. Instead of my cards being played so fast I run out of hand, I don’t play them and I get a huge hand because I can’t find a Cynthia. Drampa seems to solve this problem quite well, giving the deck just the kick-restart it needs.

I get it, and you are probably right. I haven't tested Drampa GX at all :p

I was only pointing out that Drampa GX has his bunch of bad sides, and it is important to have them in mind when deckbuilding :
- After the GX attack, you are vulnerable to Judge, or Marshadow's ability "Let Loose". Those cards are seeing more and more play to counter Rayquaza's Tempest GX.
- The opponent can also play a Copycat during his turn and benefits from our own Big Wheel GX.
- Big Wheel GX is also much more expensive than we think : when you spend one turn for this attack, you are not KOing a Pokémon and you take no price. With an ability-based draw support, you can grab 1-3 cards AND take a KO. Moreover, Passimian is a deck that will force you to replace your attacker and find an energy for him EACH turn, because the monkeys are very easy to OHKO. I just don't know if devoting 1 special energy to Drampa GX is a big deal or not... ;)
- You have to find a way to retreat Drampa GX from the active slot next turn (provided it is still in play :p).
- At last, it remains 2 easy prices for any Fighting deck, or any deck that can OHKO it. Perhaps would it be safer for Passimian to avoid any GX Pokémon and force the opponent to take 6 KOs.

Last edited:

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
1: What exactly is your point?
2: Baby Buzz coincides with point 1, but I don’t know what it is. Standing by for a response.
3: I could do that. It’d have to be for a fourth Cynthia though.
Thanx a bunch.

1. Holy wow, no. I’ll do that ASAP. I have a limited collection of Stadiums at home, and Po Town was the best pick. Thank you very much!
2. See, if a Cosmoem Evolves when Po Town was in play, I would be able to hit 250, because at best I deal 240 damage. With Brooklet Hill, that’s actially not a bad idea. Just one, though.
3. Drampa GX is my draw support. I find if you get 10 cards, you have EVERYTHING. Also, this deck clogs itself a whole bunch. Instead of my cards being played so fast I run out of hand, I don’t play them and I get a huge hand because I can’t find a Cynthia. Drampa seems to solve this problem quite well, giving the deck just the kick-restart it needs.

Here’s What I’ll do:

-3 Po Town
-1 Volkner
-1 Lillie

+3 Brooklet Hill
+1 Professor Kukui
+1 Cynthia

It’s been a pleasure doing Monkey Buisness with you.
My point (as if it wasn't clear enough) was that 2 Lele in a lineup of 8 Pokemon makes it a high chance that your starting Pokemon would be the said Lele. Buzzwole is a great backup for Drampa.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Shrine seems like it would be very good in this deck to get numbers set up

I'd honestly cut a Lele, Drampa, and Brooklet for 4 Shrines and Instruct Oranguru.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Shrine seems like it would be very good in this deck to get numbers set up

I'd honestly cut a Lele, Drampa, and Brooklet for 4 Shrines and Instruct Oranguru.
I would, but that’s what Po Town was for before Brooklet Hill was better.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
I've built a list on ptcgo and it is actually a legit deck. I suggest you to remove lele and drampa. Add a baby buzz and an oranguru. Also i'd go 2-2 with the passimians. Put in some shrines, 2 is enough. More draw supporters less order pads (like zero). No ultraball just nestball. I'd also swap a couple of counter energy with basic F (I run 3 or 4).

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I've built a list on ptcgo and it is actually a legit deck. I suggest you to remove lele and drampa. Add a baby buzz and an oranguru. Also i'd go 2-2 with the passimians. Put in some shrines, 2 is enough. More draw supporters less order pads (like zero). No ultraball just nestball. I'd also swap a couple of counter energy with basic F (I run 3 or 4).
Actually, I scrapped this list. I thought the ULP Passimian did an extra 30 damage to ALL Pokémon. Turns out it’s only extra to Evolution Pokémon.
You say it’s still legit? But it doesn't hit numbers against Basic GX’s like Rayquaza. It hits 150 with a Band, and that’s the highest it goes.