• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Virizion GX/Salazzle

jo94

Gen 3 lover
Hi guys, I wanted to build something aroud viriizion since I think it has potential. This is the list I came out with:

##Pokémon - 12

* 3 Virizion GX LST
* 3 Salandit DRM 13
* 3 Salazzle GRI 16
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Lillie SLG 62
* 2 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Kukui SM 65
* 2 Switch DS 102
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Super Scoop Up SLG 66

##Energy - 11

* 9 Grass Energy GRI 167
* 2 Unit Energy GrassFireWater UPR 137

Total Cards 60

The strategy is simple: charge up virizion and attack. Virizion is good because hits the annoying 130 hp 1 price attackers. But it struggles with gxs. I preferred salazzle over lurantis because of virizion's gx attack that resets salazzle. With hot poison and CB it goes up to 190 + a possible kukui 210.

I'm looking for any kind of advice.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I feel like you don’t need 4 Guzma with 2 Lele. I’d cut a Guzma for a Pal Pad.
I believe in this deck because it’s creative and unusual. Everything I’m looking for in deck selection.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
I believe in this deck because it’s creative and unusual. Everything I’m looking for in deck selection.
Thanks!

Yeah, pal pad is good to recycle kukui.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi joe94,

Nice list. Personally I prefer Lurantis since it allows you to include Shaymin as a decent vengance attacker that only gives up one prize and benefit from Net Ball. However, the Salazzle build also has merrits. I would cut one Guzma for one Pal Pad and one Professor Kukui for a third Lillie.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
What are the Unit Energies for? You're basically never going to attack with Salazzle (especially when you're not playing any DCE) and they're vulnerable to Special Energy removal, so I don't really see any reason to play them.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
What are the Unit Energies for? You're basically never going to attack with Salazzle (especially when you're not playing any DCE) and they're vulnerable to Special Energy removal, so I don't really see any reason to play them.
Against an eventual hoopa, you never know, you know. But other than that their totally useless.