TAG TEAM Pokemon-GX Revealed -- "Pikachu & Zekrom-GX!'

But I mean it’s not that op considering boxwood and lycaneoc are in the format and can one shot for three prize cards.

Just thinking but a Tag Gx shouldn't be a 4 prize reward? I mean when you play agains most Gx deck you had to KO 3 pokemons to wins, even taking 3 prize at the same time, you still had to KO 3 pokemons to win

I’m really not sure about this. Pokémon cards have been becoming steadily more powerful, but this seems like too much. I love this card, it’s a cool mechanic, but if this is super rare, which I’m sure it will be, it will be too expensive for casual players to afford, and 150 damage with NO DRAWBACK and adding three energy to any Pokémon, that’s almost unbeatable for a casual player, even if you do get 3 prizes. As someone who has played for a while, and loves the game, I’m kind of not happy with this new kind of “new tier card” that one shots half the available cards, especially as a basic. On the plus side, THIS THING IS AWESOME! The art is good, the attack affects are exploitable, and the idea of a kind of legend card is cool. As you can probably tell, I really can’t make up my mind about this.

OH MY GOD, brand new cards! It looks awesome and I can’t wait to see the future of gx tag team cause this looks really cool I wonder if they’ll get a full art and hyper I wonder what they’ll look like this new mechanic just makes me think of ALL THE COMBINATIONS that two Pokémon of the same type can be on one card working together to win together AHHH JUST SO COOL

People will think about it with Magnezone or stuff like that.
Am I the only person who thinks about Zekrochu Stall deck? <3
#wailordisback

Love the dynamic shift these tag team GX's bring. This GX seems made to knockout benched Lele's so you can skip beast ring. Although I do love the tag dynamic, I'd really think it would be great if they were limited to one for each typing.

The power creep is real this time...

Not only that, soon to come out will be Solgaleo-GX, which can be used to remove all weaknesses to these tag teams. And if we start seeing stage-1/2 GX's, how much more HP will there be? 300 HP mons?!

I hope the creators know what they're doing here to keep the balance alive... Although the introduction of Lost March cards already makes me really concerned of their sanity. :/

I cannot see a world where this is good. Either way, this card makes me sad for the future of the TCG. The powercreep is insanity, and slightly frustrating.

I get the feeling that even if this one in particular looks strong today, but in a few months or in a year from now it'll be one of the underwhelming ones of the Tag Team GX line.
I really, really, really hope this is wrong...

Yeah um, no. Sad, I was reconsidering playing the game again after 4 years because I thought the SM-on meta was looking great. But Tag Team GX cards + Lost March? Yeah, I don't think I'll be going out of my way for leagues any time soon.

This looks absolutely awful, sure Tag Teams are new and haven't been tested yet, but I'm angrier with Night March 2.0, just because it seems like they don't learn or care about the meta of their own game. I'll stick to collecting, thanks TPCi.

I'm super into the Mitsuhiro Arita art for this one. I hope more future ones of these have this kind of art because it looks great.​

I think this is actually pretty cool. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this changes the game.
I love the artwork especially on this one. I believe the fire type tag team will be....either Charizard and Reshiram GX TAGTEAM or Victini. But i can't wait for new gameplay mechanics being introduced next year.

With the new tag team mechanic being introduced next year. I suspect that there will be staple cards made to support them. As the Legend cards in HGSS had support as well.

I will not be surprised if this lasts as long as Team Flare Hyper Gear, which by the way, would've been waaayyyyy cooler to have back.

Screw you TPCi </3

Massive overestimation of cards again, as usual. Even in the upcoming Standard format there are solid ways to deal with this thing. Zoroark still outpaces it, Buzzwole ruins it, you can wall it completely with Hoopa or Alolan Ninetales and Malamar decks just need to do a bit of prior damage before dropping the big nuke on this thing. It also can't complete with the big Expanded decks.

Does it hurt? Yes. Does it have lots of HP? Sure. But it also needs help setting up and giving an extra prize will bite them back in the long term.

Back