'Explosive Impact,' Japan's SM8 Set; Raises Questions About Switch Release

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Going to be real interesting to see which build comes out better because I just don't see Jumpluff and Lost Mixer working well together for some reason.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Also... The Miltank is pretty dangerous, too. With Order Pad and Alolan Ninetales-GX, Getting the item cards to do 240 is a cinch, and 130 HP is quite tanky!

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
Oh dear Lost March. Also, Missing Unown could work, with a little bit of luck and little bit of Lysandre Prism....

EDIT: Shining Celebi is never going to see play ever again. Memory Energy is awesome.

jo94

Gen 3 lover
Lets recap, natu+marshadow gx+lost mixer+trumbeak=12 pokemon in the lost zone=240 damage w/o CB. For a DCE. Here you have your future meta deck sirs

cccfire

Aspiring Trainer
If we have an SM-on Poke that can attach itself as a tool (don't remember if we do), Lost March would be decently viable since you get 3 Pokes into lost zone per Flower Bridge - 3 Flower Bridges = 9 pokes in LZ = 180 damage and if you have Choice Band that's 210, which is decent

cccfire

Aspiring Trainer
If we have an SM-on Poke that can attach itself as a tool (don't remember if we do), Lost March would be decently viable since you get 3 Pokes into lost zone per Flower Bridge - 3 Flower Bridges = 9 pokes in LZ = 180 damage and if you have Choice Band that's 210, which is decent

Oh just saw Lost Mixer

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Portrait Smeargle returns, but in a toned down version, since having the effect on an attack makes it way less busted.

Still very splashable a fun card to consider.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I'm just imagining Whitney in expanded... Using Battle Compressor to discard all of them, and VS seeker will make the supporter draw 7 cards each time! o_O

Aera14

Aspiring Trainer
Oh dear Lost March. Also, Missing Unown could work, with a little bit of luck and little bit of Lysandre Prism....

EDIT: Shining Celebi is never going to see play ever again. Memory Energy is awesome.
I wouldn't say ever again more like a two to one of now.

Wechselbalg

brb
So Faba is a better Xerosic and Lusamine is meh. Reinforces my statememnt about Shuckle Stall vs Lost March meta.

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Everyone out here talking about what cards have potential and what don't haha, and here I am just happy that we finally got another Alolan Persian and Toucannon :D

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
Well, this set has a lot to offer. We have that Lusamine Prism Star which could go great with Stinger GX, we have reprints of DCE and Ultra Ball which is always welcome, I really like Tyranitar GX, those Unown are bizzare but someone out there's will probally build a deck around the HAND one. Faba is interesting, and it's good to see the Lost Zone being used beyond the effects of Prism Stars. We finally have Suicune GX, I like the holo Naganadel, and I am happy we are getting a Blacephelon in this set. There are some cars that are pointless, and that can be an issue for us as we are getting this in such a big set with so many other good cards. I hope the pull rates for Lost Thunder will be high because we have a ton of GX, Prism Star, Full Art and Holo cards in this set. But cards like Whitney I don't like, as you don't need it. Just use a Hau, who is in the set anyway. Lost Thunder will certainly be insane. Wonder if they will chuck in that Alolan Marowak GX.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
I'm just imagining Whitney in expanded... Using Battle Compressor to discard all of them, and VS seeker will make the supporter draw 7 cards each time! o_O
Yeah, Whitney may very well become a staple in Expanded.

It may also become a staple in Standard, especially in Zoroark-GX, using order pad instead to cycle back Whitney when all are in the discard. Also drawing five is also good when there only two in the discard.