News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
We reported a while ago that there would only be an Absol in this set, not an Absol-GX. :x
Your earlier reporting also listed “Incineroar” rather than “Incineroar-GX.” I saw a faint glimmer of hope that the same might have been true for Absol until I actually looked at the numbers.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Turn 2 160 with CB with 220 HP? Yes, please! Weakness to Buzz? No thanks! All in all, decent card, I will definitely make it work, but I just like Inceneroar so that was a given.

freedomfightre

Aspiring Trainer
Ho-oh...Kiawe...Internal Flame GX...3 Incineroars on the bench
Eternal Flame GX only works on fire types.

*cough* garbage and usless tool *cough*
Ya'll have some kind of sickness; all this coughing. I'd get that checked out.

There is def a lot of potential here, but baby-buzz destroys this thing.
Buzz loses a LOT of tools this rotation (Octillery, Elixir, Strong Energy, Sycamore Regirock EX, float stone). It'll still be around, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm calling it now; this will be the next broken Stage 2. Not as bad as Gardy was earlier this year, but still pretty terrifying. There are enough tricks (band/belt/Kukui/Field/Shrine) to get the first attack into situational OHKO range, and being as bulky as it is, it has mad survivability (like all Stage 2s). And the GX attack is a definitive 2 prize attack. VERY good card. As long as Buzz doesn't become broken again.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
WHAT EVEN IS THIS CARD AND WHY CAN I NOT TELL IF IT'S TOTALLY BROKEN OR JUST GARBAGE???? LIKE WHAT??? Sure, it's a stage 2, but YOU CAN FULLY CHARGE IT UP ON TURN TWO AND BE SWINGING FOR 130 AND TRASHING BEAST ENERGY/DCE, NOT TO MENTION THE RUMORED STADIUM THAT REDUCES THE PRIZE COST OF USING IT BY 1, MAKING IT A TANKY AS THE CES WAILORD BUT WITH AN ACTUALLY GOOD ATTACK!!!!! AND WHY IS THE COST COLORLESS???!?!?!?!
The attacks are colorless probably for a specific ability or stadium exclusive to Dark Order.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Incineroar sounds cool, but until Zoroark is out of the format no one has reason to run a different Dark-type attacker.

The PokeMan 11

Aspiring Trainer
Amazing card! 130 for 3ce is great, waayyyyy better than 120. Ability completely makes the attacks so easy to use. Discarding your opponents dce is noice

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
It's as if having an explicit fighting weakness is automatically a death sentence to any card's viability. >.>

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
I had this thought too!

I think this is a MUCH better fit in Zoroark-GX as it can HEAVILLY swing games. If you know you're looking at getting KOed next turn. Throw this down, swing. They'll take one prize (as opposed to two) and you're not in a bad position.

Whenever you get this to work, it'll be like you use Lightning GX on the opponent--in the sense that they have to take more prizes than they want to be taking.

Sableye-Garb MIGHT use it because the idea of having Life Dew permanently working and focussing on more Items can't be a bad thing, but the Prism Stadiums don't have a long "shelf life" and seem to be geared more towards "conventional" strategies
True
The zoroark strategy seems scarier now that you have mentioned it.
However I wouldn't be surprised to see someone play Sable Garb again...

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
What a way to improve "Stallalanche" decks!

3 Colorless needed?

An ability that satisfies the above AC?

^ That's good!

Add a Sky Pillar(to guard yet-to-be-evolved Benched Basics), at least a 2-2 line of Zoroark-GX, a 2-2 Garbodor GRI line, 2 Lele-GXes, Rainbow/Unit LPM Energy, and Mallow. With the aforementioned combo, you can use Incineroar's Ability to charge up w/o using your Turn attachment from hand(don't forget to Max Potion in the event it gets too weak to be able to take another attack w/o getting KO'd) then either attack for a special discard(that the average player has only four of in their entire deck and almost no way to get them back in one game), or for damage based on Items in the opposing player's discard pile(after using the turn attach to Rainbow/Unit LPM on Garb), damage that can also be a cause for watching any non-Grass-weak, Buzzwole-style, Fighters(or any pokemon if the item count is high enough), suffer the KO by weakness from Garb's Trashalanche, provided the Newgaleo(will already be in English by the time Dark Order's English equivalent is projected to come out on February '19) factor is not in play, not to mention that the only way this deck can beat Newgaleo is perhaps this process that defines the term "Stallalanche":

1 Ability Use Incineroar -> Passed Turn to Opponent -> Opponent Turn Taken -> 1 Ability Use Incineroar -> Use of GX move to 1HKO Newgaleo -> Field blowers(tools count as Items) -> subsequent Trashalanche uses after Incineroar's GX move flipped marker to prevent further GX move use for rest of game...

Last edited:

jo94

Gen 3 lover
Play it with max potion, weakness policy, prism stadium, stall behind hoopa until you find your candies and here you have your tier 1 meta deck. It has lot of potential