'Mega Charizard X vs. Mega Blastoise Battle Arena Decks' Announced!

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
If they have the megas they have to have the exs so you can play the megas, you realize that it is a deck, right?

I think what they meant was, how come there are not multiple copies of each like most competitive decks? Having only one invites the possibility of one or both being prized, which shuts down the whole strategy of the deck.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
It'll be surprising if this M Charizard-EX retains value - you can tell the difference in the foil between the original Flashfire one and this version, and if this one is printed by the masses...well. There you go. Hopefully this makes the Secret Rare all the more desirable when newer players/collectors realize there's a more rare version of this card.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
So what we 'learned' from the last battle decks were that people weren't going to spend 40 for the combined package but they'll spend the 40 for the separate decks? While personally I would have rather gone back to the first three packaging design that was priced better I can see how this might help overall sales.

Poor Blastoise is going to be stuck as a peg warmer while all the Charizard decks sell out. Charizard besides being Charizard at least can dish out those big numbers that while not the most competitive feels really good to do. I am really happy it is the Flashfire X Mega as that does help against weakness.

Gardevoirgx

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Pokemon company,

I made it more clear by saying:

A majority of 'Tournament-level Trainer cards' in these decks, will be rotated out of the standard, format by 1st September this year.

You are welcome.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Pokemon company,

A majority of 'Tournament-level Trainer cards' in these decks, will be rotated out of the standard, format by 1st September this year.

You are welcome.

The main point of these products is to reprint stuff for Expanded. (Heck, these have Lysandre, which isn't CURRENTLY Standard legal.) They're also good entry points into the game for newer players if they don't care about tournament legality. Neither of those require them to be Standard-legal.

Also, these decks are being released AFTER the rotation happens.

Last edited:

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Get rid of whatever that packaging was, and use the packaging that they used for the legendary battle decks. If they are going to separate the 2 decks into 2 separate products, it wouldn't be a VS deck anymore, so get rid of any mention of being a vs deck. The decks should be changed so that they no longer have to be good against the other deck.

What I hate about the Black vs White Kyurem deck is the unnecessary large packaging, and this packaging seems to be just as large if you buy both of them.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Hello Pokemon company,

You are welcome.

Hello pokemon player these cards are for kids and casual players who have no idea what a rotation even is! Lighten up!!

I think this is a great move i mean theme decks are so so popular they fly out so something like this kids/parents can just come in store pick up and start playing with a few flash cards is what we need - thr japanese gx decks just released should follow suit in the west they would be so so popular.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, so just like the Kyurem Black / White Arena decks! Where all I want is the super cool art of the reprints (esspecially Professor's Letter) and nothing else.

DaLoc

Aspiring Trainer
delinquent and letter were some of my favorite techs this year. too bad they are rotated

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
Hello hello, Mr. Water Pokémon Master, do you remember our discussion about how there would be no alternate art promos? Well, I guess all of us hoping did work...

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Hello hello, Mr. Water Pokémon Master, do you remember our discussion about how there would be no alternate art promos? Well, I guess all of us hoping did work...
Dude that was over a month ago.

Get over yourself