Finished Mafia LII : The Game World

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Camo read the situation incorrectly? That’s new . Would explain PMJ’s reaction to my comment earlier too. And bbninjas. Basically what I already said.. my attempts to get reads and reactions out of posts that involve me without consider the possibility to come off as defensive when I approach them in depth makes me a huge scummy player. I mean, it’s too late, but st least I learned my lesson for next time? Yaayy....
I mean I don't think you are scum but there's not much I can do now; there's no credible coutnerwagon at this point.
Can I ask for your thoughts on Nick/BB/TE/GP, which were the four players (not counting Camo b/c we know a lot about him) that combined to almost hammer you? If you're town, who on that list has the most/l suspicious part of the pileup on you and why?
Wow holy what how does this even come from a townie? It's GamePheonix but a whole lot worse.
##UNVOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS
##VOTE: mordacazir

I think there's a good chance this one stick for real.

Bb’s vote is understandable- just check is there was a contradiction
TE’s vote is suspicious because he was very careful and implied hassitation in the case on me, but in his vote he is sure and positive I am scum because of meta.
GP’s vote is similar to Jplap and Nick last game, so 50/50
Nick’s vote I don’t remember well rn. On the phone so it’s hard to go back.

Who else said the camo case was awful other than me?
I wouldn't be able to tell you any specifics on who or how many people were saying that the scattered's case on Camo was silly. The important thing is that this was absolutely the general vibe of the thread - if a random player was to read this thread (especially someone backlogging), and if I was to ask them "what is the town's position on the case on Camo", they would say the town doesn't like it. So if morda looked at the thread, especially as scum when he would be more conscious of these things, he should have noticed that the town generally didnt like the Camo lynch.

But bb, you said Camo was manipulative. At least that’s what I remember. I’ll go back to see if there is a contradiction there.

I might have used those words, but I think I also said that it was only a single instance that I could see? Either way in hindsight, "manipulative" was not the best phrasing on my part since I did not agree with the connotations that come with that word, that Camo was deliberately being manipulative (a better read would be "Camo did not interpret the situation correctly").

So, NP's reads progression is definitely all over the place. Let's take a look at how NP has read scattered:

Neutral

scattered mind-There are points telling me he's scum, but a ton of his posting makes me think he's simply town. The overreaction is especially something I don't see as one in any way really; I would give a similar answer to him regardless of alignment. Also, gamestate makes me think he's just town because I don't think scum goes down this easily when they'd presumably be half or a third of the scumteam (I'd expect the normal sideline moaning at Camo for being Camo instead).
Puts scattered as neutral, claims that his responses are not indicative (see underlined), but in the bolded, say he's townier. Agrees that some points are scummy.

You see, this is the evidence that scattered is scum that I like. But the fact that other people like the rest of this case and not this part is enough to make me quite worried.
Continues to assert that some points for scattered's scumminess are legitimate.

Is there some contradiction here? I think they're [scattered and Camoclone] both town and my readlist reflects that.
NP says that scattered is , yet in the same post, NP agreed that scattered has evidence that would indicate scumminess! The kicker is that NP's readlist actually reflects that they're both neutral, not town. What's the progression from finding scattered neutral, to finding him townie?

IDK the two times scum scattered has been lynched on this site, he basically stopped posting or commenting on other players once it was clear he'd be lynched. Admittedly, he was caught by role results both times (though they weren't 100% dooming), so it's not a perfect indicator, but it's a meta read I'd put a good amount of trust in.
Later on, NP does some analysis of scattered's past meta to determine that his response after being 'hammered' was townie.

He's scum because he was overly defensive to BB and played to his "scattered thinking his lynch is inevitable but still time left in the day" meta. He's town because his post-maybehammer posting isn't something coming from scum.
This post doesn't explicitly state NP's reads on scattered, but the scum evidence given seems to outweigh the town (the scum evidence is continuous and more substantial, whereas the town evidence is based on a single post), so we've got the vibes suggesting that NP thinks scattered is scummier now. However... NP's actions show that he still doesn't want to vote scattered.

NP has read scattered like this: Neutral -> a little Scummy / Neutral -> Townie -> Scummy. But there hasn't been any new evidence or significant developments that relate to scattered between this period! So there's some clear inconsistencies in NP's reads progression.

Let's see NP's progression on mord:

During mid-Day 1:
Light Scum:
mordacazir-That fmpov thing still freaks me out and there wasn't any towntell in that one post, but obviously only one post so not much to go off of.

I guess my vote is at:
##UNVOTE
Sorry lost all my quotes and was too lazy to check and read everything so I just posted what I remembered.
My poiny of view is how I see things. Scattereds bandwagon is far too obvious to be a scum bandwagon. As scum, you try to hide in the masses and vote when no-one notices it (aka GamePhoenix's vote) , but scattereds post was almost straight after camos (or idk even know anymore who it was) so its just stupid to be so fast while you dont even know if the lynch would get any more traction so there would be no reason to vote in that lynch as scum.
Really good explanation. Let's try this wagon and see where it leads us:
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: GamePheonix

During late Day 1: these next three votes all happened within the same couple of pages (so in close succession).
Because scattered is incredibly scummy and I’m the player that scum wants to kill. On the offchance they sneak a lynch on me they are in a tremendous position to win the game. They can push a lynch for SM day two. The vote count implies that I’m actually on the table to someone lurking like Mord. Fortunately SM is scum too though.

Actually I like this:
##VOTE: Mordacazir

Let's go back here for now.
Well GamePheonix has left the thread:
##UNVOTE: Mordacazir
##VOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS
I mean I don't think you are scum but there's not much I can do now; there's no credible coutnerwagon at this point.
Can I ask for your thoughts on Nick/BB/TE/GP, which were the four players (not counting Camo b/c we know a lot about him) that combined to almost hammer you? If you're town, who on that list has the most/l suspicious part of the pileup on you and why?

Wow holy what how does this even come from a townie? It's GamePheonix but a whole lot worse.

These posts are pretty self-explanatory. NP has flopped around the morda wagon a ton. I don't even understand why - in the late game - he voted morda (because he was lurking??), why he unvoted (because morda wasn't around???) and why he voted again (?). His progression is something like this: Votes (for pressure) -> Unvotes -> Votes again (wanting his lynch) -> unvotes -> revotes.

NP is a great lynch candidate for Day 2.

Okay, while I don't believe that this is Camo's only - or main - point (you have been defensive / jumpy in other ways), this particular evidence is undoubtedly manipulated. scattered did get short and defensive (Camo's comment was clearly directed a people who had tagged other players, like scattered mind), but scattered never in this instance said or implied that "Camo found him scummy", that "Camo was pushing his lynch" or anything like that, which is what Camo claims in the bold (emphasis mine). scattered was clarifying.

Nothing about reading wrong. Undoubtedly manipulative. This is not just tossed as manipulative. I guess town will judge for themselves tomorrow.

Oh, can we also point out that NinjaPenguin's read on Camoclone in his reads list is an absolute cop out?

Camoclone-I've decided at this point it's foolish to read him until D3 or so.

@Camoclone (maybe @PMJ) Thoughts on scattered now that they're scumhunting instead of focusing on defending themself / pushing your lynch?

I wouldn't be able to tell you any specifics on who or how many people were saying that the scattered's case on Camo was silly. The important thing is that this was absolutely the general vibe of the thread - if a random player was to read this thread (especially someone backlogging), and if I was to ask them "what is the town's position on the case on Camo", they would say the town doesn't like it. So if morda looked at the thread, especially as scum when he would be more conscious of these things, he should have noticed that the town generally didnt like the Camo lynch.
Ugh this point is quite good too on morda, but I really don't like voting Camo when you see scattered as "probably scum" and the two are never s/s (along with the "fmpov" comment to a degree). But the fact that scattered is town probably, and there's not good motivation to anger Camo the Bear as scum if scattered is town, morda's probably just town? Everyone is "probably town" at this point though smh; I couldn't give anybody an over 40% scum chance right now.
I guess I'm just waiting for scattered's flip, since whatever I'm on will be some cute wagon with no traction probably. I guess I'm at TE/morda being neck-and-neck to me? They both force people to reveal where they really stand, just in quite different ways. I think I like how morda does it more for now.
NP has read scattered like this: Neutral -> a little Scummy / Neutral -> Townie -> Scummy. But there hasn't been any new evidence or significant developments that relate to scattered between this period! So there's some clear inconsistencies in NP's reads progression.
Nah the posts after he thinks he was hammered are quite clearing to me. Also lol at you not understanding being a townie by the numbers.

On Morda, I think my unvote reason the second time tells you exactly why I was on that wagon: I wanted to see how GamePheonix would react to it. Never got that one though and I thought it was as trashy as you said until Camo quoted that post, which is really bad.

He’s scumhunting???
Is this comment on how I am potentially being contradictory not something you'd consider scumhunting?

Ugh this point is quite good too on morda, but I really don't like voting Camo when you see scattered as "probably scum" and the two are never s/s (along with the "fmpov" comment to a degree). But the fact that scattered is town probably, and there's not good motivation to anger Camo the Bear as scum if scattered is town, morda's probably just town? Everyone is "probably town" at this point though smh; I couldn't give anybody an over 40% scum chance right now. I guess I'm just waiting for scattered's flip, since whatever I'm on will be some cute wagon with no traction probably. I guess I'm at TE/morda being neck-and-neck to me? They both force people to reveal where they really stand, just in quite different ways. I think I like how morda does it more for now.
You are waiting for scattered's flip to inform your reads, yet you have been contributing very little towards his lynch, and have instead been somewhat actively pushing against it? That's another blip in your progression.

Nah the posts after he thinks he was hammered are quite clearing to me. Also lol at you not understanding being a townie by the numbers.
...but you then admitted that the evidence was weak, or at least, no where near as strong as you thought? (See bold in spoiler)
IDK the two times scum scattered has been lynched on this site, he basically stopped posting or commenting on other players once it was clear he'd be lynched. Admittedly, he was caught by role results both times (though they weren't 100% dooming), so it's not a perfect indicator, but it's a meta read I'd put a good amount of trust in.
Wait. He's literally been low posting and only defending himself these past 1.5 days until just now when the vote count shows that he may have a fighting chance. Shoot I don't know what to think here and this might be canceling out him continuing to post after the maybe hammer.

My gut wants to vote TE, somewhat along the lines of thinking what scattered is thinking but not really, but I'll look over that ISO again first.

On Morda, I think my unvote reason the second time tells you exactly why I was on that wagon: I wanted to see how GamePheonix would react to it. Never got that one though and I thought it was as trashy as you said until Camo quoted that post, which is really bad.
Huh? How was that vote supposed to get a reaction from GP??

I’m still completely happy with a Mord lynch. While he’s connected to SM I think he’s almost as good of a day one lynch as SM.

Because scattered is incredibly scummy and I’m the player that scum wants to kill. On the offchance they sneak a lynch on me they are in a tremendous position to win the game. They can push a lynch for SM day two. The vote count implies that I’m actually on the table to someone lurking like Mord. Fortunately SM is scum too though.
##UNVOTE:
##VOTE: MORDACAZIR
If you are town(which I'm thoroughly confused about now) and scattered is town(which is my current belief), part of me believes that scum may keep you around for similar reasons why Drac and I did last game with PMJ... to aide in a pushed lynch on someone else. Aside from that, I'm totally clueless. I'm all over the place with the algorithms of this game and the players I don't really know.

If you are town(which I'm thoroughly confused about now) and scattered is town(which is my current belief), part of me believes that scum may keep you around for similar reasons why Drac and I did last game with PMJ... to aide in a pushed lynch on someone else. Aside from that, I'm totally clueless. I'm all over the place with the algorithms of this game and the players I don't really know.
Earlier in the game you said that you thought SM was scum why the sudden change?

I wouldn't be able to tell you any specifics on who or how many people were saying that the scattered's case on Camo was silly.

But you should be able to, because it's your claim that the camo lynch was not only agreed upon, but widely so. If the case was so widely accepted as hokey, it should be fairly easy to find supporting evidence somewhere.

The important thing is that this was absolutely the general vibe of the thread - if a random player was to read this thread (especially someone backlogging), and if I was to ask them "what is the town's position on the case on Camo", they would say the town doesn't like it. So if morda looked at the thread, especially as scum when he would be more conscious of these things, he should have noticed that the town generally didnt like the Camo lynch.

Okay. How would they know the town doesn't like it? The general vibe of the thread was all over the place - scattered mind has been a consistent theme but other threads have been pulled over the course of the day, including the case on Camoclone. How is it obvious that the town doesn't like the Camoclone lynch specifically, as opposed to the GP lynch (which I still wouldn't be opposed to) or the mord lynch? Remember, you said that the idea that the case on Camo was widely agreed upon as bad, and I don't know anyone who outright said it was stupid (and explained why) other than me.

Thoughts on scattered now that they're scumhunting instead of focusing on defending themself / pushing your lynch?

Still a good d1 lynch. Any scumhunting he does between now and end of day is cool if he flips town, otherwise he's just wasting our time, and no stock should be put in anything he says until we see his flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back