Finished Mafia LII : The Game World

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I can see why people would see am as town after he kept posting when we thought we had the hammer which is something mafia wouldn't normally do unless you are me.
But would you even post more if you were the one being hammered and any extra post you made wouldn't save you, but would give town extra info? I certainly wouldn't.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
But would you even post more if you were the one being hammered and any extra post you made wouldn't save you, but would give town extra info? I certainly wouldn't.
You’re putting too much stock into this. He didn’t know he was hammered. Sometimes things happen and have a count of 0. Any experienced scum would keep on trying just in case.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
It’s time to kick this day off now. Serious votes now please. We are getting close to deadline.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I do believe Camo is scummy, but I understand the point of view that says he can use lies and manipulations as town. Still I think all he did was identifying my eagerness to question and to get into more details, and turn it to show me as scum in pretty much any scumtell he could come up with. I am willing to admit that I was jumpy- not aggressive, but simply fast reacting to every situation. Again, I have played this way many times as town. The only thing that was out of my usual character was the reaction to bbninjas, but it simply came out wrong- it wasn’t me thinking bbninjas tried to threat me to not talking, but to get him to explain himself and not say vague statements like “We got some info on you”- From my point of view, what I did was to not defend myself, but rather get him to post his thoughts to make a read. In an attempt to make a read on a post that involves you, you get the risk of coming off as defensive, and I totally ignored that and even added more woods to the fire with the way I said it. From a general point of view I can see how others may get that as me being aggressive in an abnormal way, so I am now less surprised by the situation.

Also someone said something that I have not noticed about how Camo’s D1 play style is different than the rest of the game. Now that I think about it I can relate to that idea, which obviously makes Camo less valid for a lynch on D1- because if that’s true: Camo’s D1 play is to lynch someone without considering defense, just to lynch as fast as possible with as much scumtells, true or made up. Very similar to a play style of getting out from the RVS asap, only with D1. Would be interesting to hear it from him in the post game (now it’s kinda problematic because we are playing).

I am waiting for Luispipe8 and PMJ to comment on everything like they promised.

GP is a nice option on the surface. Like last game with Nick and Jplap: players who mindlessly bandwagon very late are usually very scummy to me, especially if they are new. But as last game showed, it can happen with townies. Nick was scum and Jplap was town. So this might need more looking into.

TE is still playing very careful. I would like to see him more involving. He is trying to carefully approach the situation with very surface level questions, that imply also his line of thought, but not explicitly.

NP has improved with giving more input, and so he is neutral for me now.

I’ll reread to gain more thoughts later.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
I would also like to read bbninjas comment on NP, after voting him for similar issues I had with NP.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
You’re putting too much stock into this. He didn’t know he was hammered. Sometimes things happen and have a count of 0. Any experienced scum would keep on trying just in case.
IDK the two times scum scattered has been lynched on this site, he basically stopped posting or commenting on other players once it was clear he'd be lynched. Admittedly, he was caught by role results both times (though they weren't 100% dooming), so it's not a perfect indicator, but it's a meta read I'd put a good amount of trust in.
Wait. He's literally been low posting and only defending himself these past 1.5 days until just now when the vote count shows that he may have a fighting chance. Shoot I don't know what to think here and this might be canceling out him continuing to post after the maybe hammer.

My gut wants to vote TE, somewhat along the lines of thinking what scattered is thinking but not really, but I'll look over that ISO again first.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
Couldn’t GP’s willingness to go along with SM’s lynch be explained by him trusting what Camo (a player he has been told is very experienced) says? He himself said he was new to forum mafia and when I was new I did pretty much the same thing. I found experienced players I thought I could trust and had cases that I agreed with and helped them get the lynch. it works for new players who are learning the game so I don’t really think GP is a good lynch

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I would sa long as I was town and had internet access. The only explanation for my past inactivity in other games would be my parents cutting off my internet.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
IDK the two times scum scattered has been lynched on this site, he basically stopped posting or commenting on other players once it was clear he'd be lynched. Admittedly, he was caught by role results both times (though they weren't 100% dooming), so it's not a perfect indicator, but it's a meta read I'd put a good amount of trust in.
Wait. He's literally been low posting and only defending himself these past 1.5 days until just now when the vote count shows that he may have a fighting chance. Shoot I don't know what to think here and this might be canceling out him continuing to post after the maybe hammer.

My gut wants to vote TE, somewhat along the lines of thinking what scattered is thinking but not really, but I'll look over that ISO again first.
Are you kidding? You’re comparing someone caught by a cop to this?

TOTAL_EPICNESS

Also sorry I haven’t been very active. it’s summer so I’m doing a lot of Pokémon GO with my family and that takes out a huge chunk of my day and when I get back I usually do something with friends which doesn’t give me much time to actively participate in discussion like I usually do. I’ll try to be more active in the future tho

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
I do believe Camo is scummy, but I understand the point of view that says he can use lies and manipulations as town. Still I think all he did was identifying my eagerness to question and to get into more details, and turn it to show me as scum in pretty much any scumtell he could come up with. I am willing to admit that I was jumpy- not aggressive, but simply fast reacting to every situation. Again, I have played this way many times as town. The only thing that was out of my usual character was the reaction to bbninjas, but it simply came out wrong- it wasn’t me thinking bbninjas tried to threat me to not talking, but to get him to explain himself and not say vague statements like “We got some info on you”- From my point of view, what I did was to not defend myself, but rather get him to post his thoughts to make a read. In an attempt to make a read on a post that involves you, you get the risk of coming off as defensive, and I totally ignored that and even added more woods to the fire with the way I said it. From a general point of view I can see how others may get that as me being aggressive in an abnormal way, so I am now less surprised by the situation.

Also someone said something that I have not noticed about how Camo’s D1 play style is different than the rest of the game. Now that I think about it I can relate to that idea, which obviously makes Camo less valid for a lynch on D1- because if that’s true: Camo’s D1 play is to lynch someone without considering defense, just to lynch as fast as possible with as much scumtells, true or made up. Very similar to a play style of getting out from the RVS asap, only with D1. Would be interesting to hear it from him in the post game (now it’s kinda problematic because we are playing).

GP is a nice option on the surface. Like last game with Nick and Jplap: players who mindlessly bandwagon very late are usually very scummy to me, especially if they are new. But as last game showed, it can happen with townies. Nick was scum and Jplap was town. So this might need more looking into.

TE is still playing very careful. I would like to see him more involving. He is trying to carefully approach the situation with very surface level questions, that imply also his line of thought, but not explicitly.

NP has improved with giving more input, and so he is neutral for me now.

I’ll reread to gain more thoughts later.
I could not be happier with a day one lynch candidate.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
If you don’t want to be lynched SM offer up a lynch candidate instead of making a post saying nothing.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
So... I am scum again in the eye of NP because once pressure got a little off me, I was more available to post on other things but the case against me? Put aside the ridiculousness in that point, but actually there was pretty much nothing to comment on that was not related to my case up until recently, so I don’t see the logic in that either.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

Also I forgot the scumreads that I think NP asked for

Scum: nobody is really solidly “oh yeah he’s scum” for me yet

Leaning scum:
SM: jumpy somewhat aggressive reaction to Camo very odd reaction
Nick: Nick is very slightly leaning scum for me hasn’t contributed much and early game agreed with Camo, someone he thought was scum very easily

Neutral:
Camo: depending on how SM flips this could change for me
PMJ, Luis: haven’t seen them enough to get a read on them yet

Leaning town:
BB: playing how he has played town in past games. posts are generally constructive and helpful
NP: see BB
GP: seems like a newb town to me

Town: nobody appears very strongly as town yet

???:
@roz_the_eevee : BOI where you at?

TOTAL_EPICNESS

Edit: on the part where I talk about SM it’s supposex to say “very odd reaction from what I’ve seen of SM in the past”

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
If you don’t want to be lynched SM offer up a lynch candidate instead of making a post saying nothing.

My vote is on you. I’ll change it if I find a better one. Your manipulation is still more alarming than GP’s weird vote. In addition to offer a candidate I also analyze other players to help town get reads after I die, which is very likely as I said in my post- I understand why and I can’t really change people mind about with more than I already tried.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Huh? First of all, I did not promise anything, don't put words in my mouth. I said I was going to try to be more active. Which I have been. I commented on the case against you, answered a couple other questions other people asked, and cast a vote. I've been around. What in the world are you talking about?

If there’s anyone still opposed to a SM lynch why?

I'm not opposed to a sm lynch, but I still want GP to respond to the criticisms I and others have made against him, so I'm leaving my vote where it is right now.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Huh? First of all, I did not promise anything, don't put words in my mouth. I said I was going to try to be more active. Which I have been. I commented on the case against you, answered a couple other questions other people asked, and cast a vote. I've been around. What in the world are you talking about?

Ok.. guess I got confused, I was sure you said you were going to comment now that you see the day is very active, I guess you already commented. btw, this was aggressive.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
@scattered mind Do you think everything is an attack on you? I was asking you to clarify your statement, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.