Discussion Celestial Storm Deck Ideas

Bobohippo

Aspiring Trainer
With the release of Celestial Storm just around 2 weeks away, personally I can’t wait to build a new deck. But a new set can be overwhelming for people so let all brainstorm together some possible deck ideas for either fun or competitive gameplay. I’m going to a pre-release tourney this Saturday so I’ll also post about the decks people used there too.
Here’s an idea of the format to post by:
Deck Type: Fun or Competitive
What Type Pokémon are used: Fire, Water, Steel, Electric, etc.
A Few Main Cards used in the deck: For Example Rayquaza Gx and Metogross paired with Steven’s Resolve
Most importantly Have Fun! And it’s going to be great to see your ideas!

The Pre-Release yesterday was quite the event, I saw a lot of people pulling the Jirachi Prism Star (Myself included) and a lucky few pulling the Full Art Rayquaza and Full Art Scizor. I noticed that the Rayquaza was countered easily by Celestila using Moon Raker for 160 Damage, I think that the way around this is to play the Sceptile Evo line in order to stop UB's from attacking. The Scizor GX that was used was unstoppable against all decks, but that being said it was a pre release and most people didn't have GX cards or Pokemon able to deal the necessary 210 Damage to KO. There was also a lot of Metagross used and I think he'll stick around with people running steel type decks due to his potential of 120 Damage for 1 Steel Energy. It was really great to see the new cards early and I know I have already started constructing my deck for next season. Hope to hear your thoughts on the new set and if I left anything out please feel free to expand.

Back