• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tapu Bulu GX/Vikavolt Post Rotation

xSupremeJanitorx

Aspiring Trainer
Yay! Just coming back to the TCG after a break and Tapu Bulu/Vikavolt is a deck that has caught my attention for a while now. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited:

xSupremeJanitorx

Aspiring Trainer
Here’s what I’ve come up with.

Pokemon-
Tapu Bulu GX 4
Vikavolt 3
Grubbin 3
Tapu Koko GX

Trainers-
Cynthia 4
Guzma 3
Volkner 2
Skyla 2
Gardenia 2
Acerola 1
Ultra Ball 3
Field Blower 2
Switch 2
Choice Band 4
Energy Recycler 2
Nest Ball 3
Rare Candy 4
Aether Paradise 3

Energy-
Grass-7
Electric-5

(Tapu Leles should be going in for both Skylas when that box comes out)

xSupremeJanitorx

Aspiring Trainer
I know, I’m just using it as a replacement until Lele price drop. The final deck will of course have Leles instead of them.

CeroKai

Aspiring Trainer
4 Cynthia, 3 or 4 Hala if you hit your GX attack quickly, probably 1 Judge, 2-3 Tate & Liza, 1 TV Reporter. All those are just choices, just pick and choose.

Editing to add that you should consider Sophocles too.

Shikageru

Aspiring Trainer
Here’s what I’ve come up with.

Pokemon-
Tapu Bulu GX 4
Vikavolt 3
Grubbin 3
Tapu Koko GX

Trainers-
Cynthia 4
Guzma 3
Volkner 2
Skyla 2
Gardenia 2
Acerola 1
Ultra Ball 3
Field Blower 2
Switch 2
Choice Band 4
Energy Recycler 2
Nest Ball 3
Rare Candy 4
Aether Paradise 3

Energy-
Grass-7
Electric-5

(Tapu Leles should be going in for both Skylas when that box comes out)

Were this me, I'd remove the Gardenia's, the nest balls, the Skyla's, and maybe even 1 Choice Band to add 2 Tapu Lele GX, 2 Judge/Copycat/Tate & Liza, and maybe a Dunsparce? You really do need more draw power as well, at least until you get set up. We are rotating and losing the dreaded Espeon EX, so you don't need to worrry about Vikavolt being devolved, but still, having 1 of the Chargabug isn't a horrible idea either in case you struggle to hit both Vikavolt/Rare candy. Otherwise, your list looks similar to mine. Maybe the new Tapu Bulu non-GX might serve well in this too?