Discussion Banette GX in Expanded??

vyolet127

Aspiring Trainer
Would Banette GX work in Expanded? By using a bunch of Utility Supporters as well as Battle Compressors and VS Seekers, would the deck be able to run? Because Banette would only require 1 energy, it could be given Bodybuilding dumbbells, since it cant really use a choice band, and Max Potion and Acerola abuse. Would this work? With Mystery Energy, we could cycle them to abuse the ability as well. What other Pokémon should be in this deck? As support 'mons?

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
My main concern is that it's a Psychic type that is weak to Dark.

That means it will have to 3HKO Zoroarks and be 1HKO'd by them back.

Wechselbalg

brb
Banette is meme-tier (unfortunately), especially while Zoroark dominates both formats, just have to accept it.

Last edited:

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
lmao. wait you think for real??
Look what they wrote on the recent Ban list and rule change page (https://www.pokemon.com/us/sun-moon...-list-and-rule-changes-quarterly-announcement)
No cards were banned from the Expanded format. A few cards and combos have emerged as potentially problematic, but more tournament data will be gathered before any decisions are made.
Considering 5 decks in top 8 at Struttgart regionals were Zoro/Eggs. It's pretty obvious he'll likely get the ban hammer

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Even with a Zoroark ban I don't really see what's compelling about this card. Your damage cap is 170 against GX assuming you get a shady move in, and that's assuming you have TEN supporters in discard. Even with battle compressors that's extreme, it will take you a few turns to get there. Night March uses one prize basics and requires less cards in discard to hit the same numbers.

It could have seen play if they removed the active clause from shady move but as is it's a junk GX unfortunately.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
I really think that Banette GX and Decidueye GX could work together, maybe with a couple of the baby ones from Celestial Storm as well, just to weaken Night March and/or punish a 2-prize pokemon with no real ability to defend itself, like Shaymin EX.