• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Special Beast Box

Mega Mewthree...

A new threat has appeared.
Hey guys. I have been playing this deck for a while and it has been very consistent. There are however those 1 in 10 games that I just get a terrible hand. Any constructive criticism.

Pokemon
  • 4 Poiple
  • 4 Naganadel GX
  • 3 Kartana GX
  • 2 Xurkitree GX
Trainers
  • 4 choice band
  • 3 energy lotto
  • 2 field blower
  • 1 rescue stretcher
  • 4 acerola
  • 4 cynthia
  • 3 guzma
  • 2 judge
  • 2 hala
  • 2 kukui
  • 2 lusamine
  • 4 ultra space
Energy
  • 2 psychic
  • 3 rainbow
  • 4 unit M/P/L
  • 4 DCE
  • 1 Beast Energy
This deck works against the special energy in pretty much every deck while you power up your Naganadel GX. It then uses acerola to keep all damage off of your guys. I hope you guys find this interesting.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
In my opinion, Naganadel GX is just a simple, 1-energy attacker that can inflict 120 damage when the bench if full of Ultra Beasts. Naganadel GX will be my main attacker using its Beast Raid attack primarily; so, my energy mix will also be simple too. My strategy will employ Max Potions (vs. 4 Acerola). I'd suggest "simplifying" your deck and focus on a powerful, 2HKO game strategy. In so doing, your deck could be more effective, in my opinion.

Also, why not use the new Stakataka GX (reduces damage inflicted upon your Ultra Beast)?

Mega Mewthree...

Hi TuxedoBlack. Thank you for your feed back. I am a very aggressive player and like going for the 1HKO. Ex. Choice Band, Beast energy, Kukui.
However you may be right and I will try going "simpler". Also I probably will use Stakataka GX once he comes out.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Mega Mewthree...

Hi uncleyuri. I honestly have not played this deck against a malabar deck yet. However I suspect that I would be able to gain the upper hand with a quicker set up and the mutual weakness. If I play a malamar deck any time soon, then I will definitely inform you.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Max potion would be way better than acerola
Instead of halla,judge, kukui and lusamine play cards like tate and lizza and copycat. To draw your cards mayb a few halls if your going for the early blade or lightning gx. Sense your not gonna be using attacks over 1 energy cost often seems poinstless to play so much energy much better to play 4 LPMs and some metals or just metal sense usually kartana is the better gx move though then you probably want to take out xurketree but I'll leave that to you
And as mentioned above a few stackatacka could be good.

Mega Mewthree...

Hi AuraJackle. Thank you for your feedback. I am going to consider Stackatacka eventually. I have put in some max potions but my play testing has found Acerola to be much better for this deck. Thanks again.

Melktor

Aspiring Trainer
Just an idea and sort of thinking out loud but being a Nagandel deck with metal, perhaps work in a Celesteela. You could use Nagandel's GX then bring up Celesteela for 1 metal.

*edit: had an idea about Jurachi prism & Nagandel's GX but re-read the text and it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Hi TuxedoBlack. Thank you for your feed back. I am a very aggressive player and like going for the 1HKO. Ex. Choice Band, Beast energy, Kukui.
However you may be right and I will try going "simpler". Also I probably will use Stakataka GX once he comes out.
Thank you again for your feedback.
You're welcomed. I'll post a deck list soon to share some initial thoughts.

I'd suggest pre-ordering the Stakataka GXs now before the price increaes....

Mega Mewthree...

I like it. What is your strategy against Alolan Ninetails and Hoopa?

Hi optimal_max. For now the strategy is to just stall using Kartana and Xurkitree since most of those attacks use DCE. I am going to put in the new "baby" Kartana once it comes out. I believe it will work well with this deck.