Finished Mafia LII : The Game World

Status
Not open for further replies.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Just a general comment, can you try to use technical terms like 'whiteknight' sparingly? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has no idea.
Can we get this in the rules :p
Why did you feel like explaining something you do each game to someone experienced enough to know that already?
Because there are always newbies, yeah it would we bekinda weird if the game was full of vets but it isnt.
2 people find someone scummy- one votes the other joins- that's it? that's your definition for a scummy bandwagon?
You did vote kinda fast after camo posted his vote so it really looks like a bandwagon but fmpov it isnt really.
To me current discussion is "meh". It all started because someone pointed in a paranoid fashion at an unexistent bandwagon on D1, so... yeah, I'll dive in whenever the discussion is relevant.
Dont shut down discussion like this ##vote: luispipe8

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Can we get this in the rules :p

Because there are always newbies, yeah it would we bekinda weird if the game was full of vets but it isnt.

You did vote kinda fast after camo posted his vote so it really looks like a bandwagon but fmpov it isnt really.

Dont shut down discussion like this ##vote: luispipe8
You could've I dunno, asked why he felt the conversation was irrelevant before voting as he would've had to respond so we could get a read before anything...

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
Ok hold on I’m confused so people think camo is scum because he is lying and twisting what SM said
But people think that SM is scum because he overreacted?

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Ok hold on I’m confused so people think camo is scum because he is lying and twisting what SM said
But people think that SM is scum because he overreacted?
Yeah, I've given up on Camo thanks to this scattered mess. My initial issue was not knowing Camo as much :rolleyes:

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
What is your point of view and why does it cause you to not see it as a bandwagon?
You could've I dunno, asked why he felt the conversation was irrelevant before voting as he would've had to respond so we could get a read before anything...
Pressure isn't a bad thing, Nick.
For any other player, lying and twisting and making a case based on the lying and twisting would be extremely scummy. So the fact that he made a case based on that is scummy, unless he made the case for pressure which is just plain silly.

Actually it does not matter whether Camo referred only to me or both of us, since in both cases I was targeted. But if you ask me, I think it is pretty obvious that my post is the one which triggered him to post that “general statement” - maybe he thought about it after your post, but he definitely posted that eventually because of mine.
Can I have a more definitive. (Yes/No) answer? Are you scumreading Camo for this case on you?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
What is your point of view and why does it cause you to not see it as a bandwagon?

Pressure isn't a bad thing, Nick.

Can I have a more definitive. (Yes/No) answer? Are you scumreading Camo for this case on you?

Sorry if it was not clear :He is indeed on my scum list with Nick. Again, I am only restricting that read on the possibility that he is actually trying to pressure me to react, which is silly given my high level of activity and reaction without his help.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
Sorry if it was not clear :He is indeed on my scum list with Nick. Again, I am only restricting that read on the possibility that he is actually trying to pressure me to react, which is silly given my high level of activity and reaction without his help.
I’m not playing games. I know you’re scum. I hope that clears up any questions you have.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Why are you so antsy about me playing to my win condition?
The real question here is why hasn’t @bbninjas voted yet?
I'm trying to figure out what win condition you're playing to. As far as I'm concerned, you expected to get nothing out of your vote on PMJ, making it pointless, unhelpful and confusing - and that's exactly Camo's scum wincondition (confusing, unhelpful and misleading). You would be my second vote for this reason if I had one but...

##VOTE: scattered mind I had also noticed what Camo has already given as reasoning - scattered has been strangely defensive (and a little aggressive in that) [odd behaviour], and is reading problems and issues that simply aren't there (or assuming they're about him) [jumpiness / not calm]. You can see that through short / abrupt tone in the first post I quoted, but more significantly in the second post. In the first paragraph, scattered assumed I was threatening him with a statement and scaring him from posting, which is just absurd.

He literally quoted you.

Explain to me how

No, I don't find either wagon jump particularly scummy within the context we have so far, although we now have some interesting information on you to shift through.
I am not threaten by "we now have some interesting information on you" - I have no problem to provide as much posts as you want to anaylyze- I would still keep posting my points, weaker or stronger, so unless you make a point on me, this sentence comes off as a scummy attempt to scare me from posting.

You still ignore the difference that I gave a reason and Nick hasn't? Why is that? Do you not consider it a different bandwagon? are both equally scummy to you, and if so, again, I'll ask that you explain to me what's a scummy bandwagon to you.
RE: bandwagoning; a scummy wagon typically would be when someone jumps onto the wagon once it has picked up (blending in with the crowd), especially unexpected or after a odd opinion reversal, or without any reasoning, poor reasoning or sometimes echoing reasoning. I just read Aqua's post responding to Camo's questions, and I'm not at all concerned about his reasoning - he seems to have had though it through.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Nick had no reasoning. He gave reasoning after my vote. And after reading your definition of a scummy bandwagon- where do you put my wagon in your vast examples- which btw I might also ask what the heck then is a non scummy bandwagon to you?

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Everyone who thinks I assumed Camo talked about me but think he didn’t. Seriously? I can’t defend that level of absurdity.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Everyone who thinks I assumed Camo talked about me but think he didn’t. Seriously? I can’t defend that level of absurdity.
Camo was clearly at least talking about us two. That being said, your reaction to BB's post was something I saw as alarming and I'd like more of an explanation for why it sounded like he was trying to "scare [you] from posting".

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
I'm trying to figure out what win condition you're playing to. As far as I'm concerned, you expected to get nothing out of your vote on PMJ, making it pointless, unhelpful and confusing - and that's exactly Camo's scum wincondition (confusing, unhelpful and misleading). You would be my second vote for this reason if I had one but...
PMJ’s day one meta is bad and if you don’t vote for him he won’t change it. I was hoping someone else would follow suit as I can’t do anything by myself.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
You know what,
##VOTE: scattered mind
I need an answer because right now, I am reading him as scum for certain and that won't change unless he gives suitable reasoning. Why assume threats? If you think you are threatened, you could ask for clarification on what confuses you. Me and my rational solutions.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

Back from eating food was good. I re-read everything and I think I have something else to add to the SM case
SM is being really defensive and aggressive (as said before) he’s normally not like this when he is town. He’s defending himself very aggressively and pushing Camo very aggressively but is getting actually aggressive and kinda snarky. He is usually very calm when defending himself or pushing someone. This is another reason why SM is probably scum for all reasons listed above and now this one
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Scattered Mind

Luis coming in and then leaving was weird but he does that pretty often so I’m not sure what to make of it

TOTAL_EPICNESS

The new thing I’m bringing to the SM case if it wasn’t clear is that he’s not reacting how SM normally reacts when he’s town

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
Bandwagoning isn’t scummy in nature guys. Don’t take things too far. If someone makes a good point they make a good point and you’re allowed to agree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.