SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

This is actually a really good card for hitting numbers, but I just don't know if most decks can get it in the discard while keeping bench space available. The attack is quite good as well, a big improvement over Steam Siege Hoopa, because it can 1 hit other 130 hp basics. I think this will be a staple in Malamar decks, as well as any deck that needs extra damage (and doesn't play dce for tapu koko) ●●●●○

For a second I forgot that crimson invasion hydreigon was 1/turn and got really excited. At least this will be fun with mega gardy in expanded.

I'm more intrigued about the pokemon they teased that will have a similar attack like mega gardevoir from steam siege now. That will also be debuting in fairy rise.

In the same video this new giratina card was revealed over at the japanese pokemon tcg channel.
Edit: It's a psychic type too.

In the same video this new giratina card was revealed over at the japanese pokemon tcg channel.
Thanks, I'll check that out. I'm excited considering I just brought Mega Gardy to NAIC. Though this new card likely won't hit for Fairy and Psychic weakness. At least this one should (hopefully) be 1 of the 2.

I like this card a lot~
Ability is actually pretty cool, and it's attack cost is usable with the current Psychic archetype.

I figure, the most common uses for this card, will be:
Alternate attacker for Malamar.
Due to it's different Weakness, and resistance to fighting, it's an appealing option for this role.
It can be discarded with Ultra Ball/Mysterious Treasure when needed.
It's ability allows it to hit 170/180/190 with choice band.

Though, the secondary effect of the attack is a little questionable...
You could place the counters on your other Giratina, as having that knocked out isn't the worst thing (you can reuse the ability).

Bench Sitter in Zoroark-GX.

Trade it away, then use the abilities when you need to fill the bench, or soften up an your opponent for a KO.
Would be interesting to see with Kukui, achieving surprise KOs.
120 Riotous Beating
+30 | Choice Band
+20 | Kukui
+10 | Giratina
+10 | Giratina​

This puts your number at 190, OHKOing a BuzzwoleGX.
Or even just Riotous Beating and one Giratina, to OHKO baby Buzz.

However, I don't see it replacing the Mewtwo promo in U.Necrozma; as it shares the dark weakness with Dawn Wings.

This thing would work pretty well with banette and mimikyu
Mimkyu,eh. You waste your resources to make this strat work, inefficient.
Banette, ehh also. Move 10 per Banette per turn. Not a fan.
And if you play Mimikyu,I hate to say this multiple times, I hate Pokémon that has a one-time ability and rots on the bench forever after activation because you either run 1 type of energy or the atk is not good. Lele for example, one-time ability, decent attacker.

• Giratina - Fairly weird that a Shadow Evil Dragon is in the Fairy-themed set. Anyways, the ability is gosh darn good on Zoroark. Trade that Giratina, use the ability, rots yourself to the bench and spread damage. In standard, you still waste resources to spam this ability. The atk is decent in some situations. 4-5 Geodudes.

I'm excited to add this to Mega Gardevoir. Recycling a couple of these from bench to discard every turn will definitely help pick up knockouts.

No, no no y'all's this is the standard version of Exeggcute Zoroark. Remember: whenever a new card is revealed you always think how can this "Oh, look another Zoroark variant!"

Cuz if they parallel (Wait, expanded much? I guess Sudowoodo? Maybe Bewear GX one lol) then you can revive and add damage, and then Zoroark can hit bigger numbers like 170 etc.

No, no no y'all's this is the standard version of Exeggcute Zoroark. Remember: whenever a new card is revealed you always think how can this "Oh, look another Zoroark variant!"

Cuz if they parallel (Wait, expanded much? I guess Sudowoodo? Maybe Bewear GX one lol) then you can revive and add damage, and then Zoroark can hit bigger numbers like 170 etc.

I know you're being sarcastic, but I actually said that. Haha.

It's not a bad combination, though it's a little impractical at times; mainly cause no float stone.

Last edited:
I like this new Giratina with the new Banette-GX by having Giratina put damage counters on your pokemon and then having Banette-GX moving them to your opponent's pokemon. Also, the new Giratina having darkness weakness instead of psychic weakness makes it to be another good attacker for Psychic-weak decks.

Back