SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

1. For your Ninetales thing? Super scoop up and acerola.

1. Scoop Up is a coinflip.
2. If A. Ninetales was gusted out without being OHKOed I don't think your best play is to use your supporter for the turn just to get 2 items - provided you even have another Vulpix benched.

To be honest with you, Silvally GX with Psychic Memory.

Sylveon GX can search out everything you need to get that set up. The Silvally GX, the Memory, and the energy to do so. The 110 base HP of Type: Null also helps it survive a jet punch despite its weakness.

Yes, Silvally GX also gets OHKO'd by Buzzwole's main attack, but without Max Elixir post rotation, there isn't much energy acceleration going on to help it get there before a Silvally GX can attach a DCE and anything else, Turbo Drive to start setting up another Silvally GX at the same time it takes an OHKO, and not have any attack restrictions at the same time. Turbo Drive can actually help it push through Beast Ring by setting up another Silvally GX, or you can just use Sylveon GX to handle it if Buzzwole isn't equipped to OHKO (Beast Energy/Choice Band/Diancie Prism).

I don't want to give up on Gardevoir GX, but there are just easier, more consistent ways to take your OHKOs with other cards (like Silvally GX). Silvally kind of fell flat in the current rotation meta, but I think it actually stands a reasonable chance post rotation, especially since its main problem, Buzzwole GX, is getting hit after rotation.
If sylvally was good with psychic memory, we would have seen it played a lot more often. Only major appearance was at the European internationals as a top 8, i beLieve. Honestly, the reason that doesn’t work is because field blower stops that in its tracks. I used to think about that being possible, but it really isn’t. Maybe sylvally Ninetales, but that may be a stretch. Also, after rotation diancie prism and beast energy are going to be crucial in a matchup like that, as buzzwole with those two is certainly KOing type null in one shot. I believe we are getting a supporter that finds prism cards, giving buzzwole a small bonus. With those two on the field the buzzwole is doing 80, with weakness 160, almost a OHKO on buzzwole. And it’s not not just buzzwole, there’s baby buzzwole that can screw that up as well. Overall, sylvally is too clunky, as its difficult to constantly have to attach these tool cards. And if you bring sylveon into this, remember there is still judge! It might not be as powerful as N, but in a situation like this it will work. Overall, buzzwole isn’t gone, it’s changing ,adapting. Go ask my friend Merovingian if you want to know more, as they pretty much explained this to me.

1. Scoop Up is a coinflip.
2. If A. Ninetales was gusted out without being OHKOed I don't think your best play is to use your supporter for the turn just to get 2 items - provided you even have another Vulpix benched.
True, I just thought these two might work in this scenario, by the way there is no such thing as just two items. Just two items could win the game.

True, I just thought these two might work in this scenario, by the way there is no such thing as just two items. Just two items could win the game.

Yeah, but relying on your opponent to gust A. Ninetales and miss the KO so that you can Acerola for the exact two items that will win you the game is really sketchy.

If sylvally was good with psychic memory, we would have seen it played a lot more often. Only major appearance was at the European internationals as a top 8, i beLieve. Honestly, the reason that doesn’t work is because field blower stops that in its tracks. I used to think about that being possible, but it really isn’t. Maybe sylvally Ninetales, but that may be a stretch. Also, after rotation diancie prism and beast energy are going to be crucial in a matchup like that, as buzzwole with those two is certainly KOing type null in one shot. I believe we are getting a supporter that finds prism cards, giving buzzwole a small bonus. With those two on the field the buzzwole is doing 80, with weakness 160, almost a OHKO on buzzwole. And it’s not not just buzzwole, there’s baby buzzwole that can screw that up as well. Overall, sylvally is too clunky, as its difficult to constantly have to attach these tool cards. And if you bring sylveon into this, remember there is still judge! It might not be as powerful as N, but in a situation like this it will work. Overall, buzzwole isn’t gone, it’s changing ,adapting. Go ask my friend Merovingian if you want to know more, as they pretty much explained this to me.

Field blower is only prominent right now because Garbotoxin is still a thing in this rotation.

It's not a thing anymore post rotation, and I don't see people play more than 2 field blowers in decks for post rotation (in Japan anyway). Most decks go for 1 or 0, and as far as I'm concerned, 2 Field Blowers can't completely remove 3 or 4 copies of Memory played one at a time. You will always get your OHKO if you attach at the right time.

It's not flawless, but field blower isn't a one card solution that makes Silvally GX irrelivant. Not post rotation, anyway. Copies of Field Blower are naturally going down post rotation due to both Garbotoxin leaving and the fact that consistency has dropped with Brigette/Sycamore/N rotating out, meaning more consistency cards like Nest Ball will take more deck slots to focus on having a game at all.

I'm not saying it's an impervious strategy that's going to blow the meta away. I just think that Silvally GX stands a better chance post rotation than it does now.

Yes!! ‘‘Tis the season for Fairy Pokemon!!!

I really do hope that Mimikyu-GX does more than just 10 more damage for damage counter. I would really get some play with it without Tapu Lele. Also, this Alolan Ninetales-GX looks amazing. That Gardevoir looks hard hitting! A good support for Gardevoir-GX decks.

I cannot wait to see what else comes out in this set. I don’t think there will be more Fairy-type GX Pokemon though. I hope for some amazing support!![/QUOTE
You got your wish! Now with mimikyu gx doing 30 instead of ten, things like mimikyu decidueye And mimikyu banette are going to be possible, and maybe even meta! Wait, what about... MIMIKYU GRENINJA! IN EXPANDED, MIMIKYU GRENINJA BREAK COULD TOPPLE EVEN THE STRONGEST DECKS! JUST USE GRENINJAS ABILITY AND FINISH YOUR OPPONENT WITH MIMIKYU!

Field blower is only prominent right now because Garbotoxin is still a thing in this rotation.

It's not a thing anymore post rotation, and I don't see people play more than 2 field blowers in decks for post rotation (in Japan anyway). Most decks go for 1 or 0, and as far as I'm concerned, 2 Field Blowers can't completely remove 3 or 4 copies of Memory played one at a time. You will always get your OHKO if you attach at the right time.

It's not flawless, but field blower isn't a one card solution that makes Silvally GX irrelivant. Not post rotation, anyway. Copies of Field Blower are naturally going down post rotation due to both Garbotoxin leaving and the fact that consistency has dropped with Brigette/Sycamore/N rotating out, meaning more consistency cards like Nest Ball will take more deck slots to focus on having a game at all.

I'm not saying it's an impervious strategy that's going to blow the meta away. I just think that Silvally GX stands a better chance post rotation than it does now.
Field blower is a staple, and if sylvally came back it would stay that way. Oh, and garbodor? I believe they are releasing a promo garbotoxin garbodor soon. This means garbodor will probably stay in meta for this year.

And remember, how can you play them if their not in your hand when judge hits! Judge would be a probable solution to the A. Ninetales and sylveon. Again, not as good as N, but it will work.

Also, with the translation update, Mimikyu GX is actually servicable now. 30 per 10 is significantly better than 10 per 10.

It's a shame that most of its good partners are Stage 2s like Decidueye GX and Greninja GX

Field blower is a staple, and if sylvally came back it would stay that way. Oh, and garbodor? I believe they are releasing a promo garbotoxin garbodor soon. This means garbodor will probably stay in meta for this year.

If i'm not mistaken, Promo cards like when N got a new full art are labeled as Alternatives and still rotate properly. I'm not sure what type of Promo it is, but if it's an alternative then it's still rotating. If it's not rotating, then I honestly will avoid this year's meta as well. I know many people will disagree with me, but I think that Garbotoxin is just unhealthy for the game. I've never enjoyed playing against or with Garbotoxin and I never will.

We can go back and forth on Field Blower all day. For me, I only ever played it for Garbotoxin and Fighting Fury Belt. I place a lot lower value on the card than most others do, and that's just how it is.

Also, with the translation update, Mimikyu GX is actually servicable now. 30 per 10 is significantly better than 10 per 10.

It's a shame that most of its good partners are Stage 2s like Decidueye GX and Greninja GX

For me the perfect partners for Mimikyu GX are Basic Pokémon such as Tapu Koko non-GX and the famous Necrozma Tapu Lele combo which is also available to fairies.

If i'm not mistaken, Promo cards like when N got a new full art are labeled as Alternatives and still rotate properly. I'm not sure what type of Promo it is, but if it's an alternative then it's still rotating. If it's not rotating, then I honestly will avoid this year's meta as well. I know many people will disagree with me, but I think that Garbotoxin is just unhealthy for the game. I've never enjoyed playing against or with Garbotoxin and I never will.

We can go back and forth on Field Blower all day. For me, I only ever played it for Garbotoxin and Fighting Fury Belt. I place a lot lower value on the card than most others do, and that's just how it is.
Agree to disagree. Though have you played golisopod zoroark?

My fave gen 7 pokemon gets the worst gx card :(

Here is to hoping that the text was too blurry to translate correctly.

All of these cards are good, but:
A. Ninetales > Mimikyu > Gardevoir

The GX attack is fairly bad when most of the relevant Ultra Beasts are less than 200 HP, Nagandel GX being the tankiest one, and most decks post rotation can OHKO Ultra Beasts without using up the GX attack.

I think the significant part here, is that A.Ninetales deals spread damage.
You can soften up targets, pull up a healthy one, and take a free-KO.

Now your opponent is left with a bunch of weakened Pokemon, which makes this:
[...] you just give your opponent access to Beast Ring, and then Stakataka GX will proceed to take a free counter KO

a less appealing option, as after they KO you, you will likely be able to KO back; maintaining an advantage.

I would rather run Sylveon GX [...]

This is true, however, Sylveon-GX struggles more with closing out games.
It's attacks are very linear, which is why it's mainly used in stall decks, or for setting up something else.

[...] If I'm not mistaken, devo spray didn't get a reprint, so reusing the ability is not an option either.

Not sure why you're against Acerola in this deck.
You can use it while A.Ninetales is active, so I don't understand the gust argument.
I think Acerola is great here, and gives A.Ninetales a lot of potential.

Speaking of...
Mimikyu GX is actually servicable now.

Mimikyu/A.Ninetales works.
One spread, will make Mimikyu deal 100 damage, 130 total.
Which KOs most non-GX.

I feel like the consistency of A.Ninetales is being overlooked a bit.
Especially going into a meta with less draw supporters.
It doesn't even use DCE; 2 attachments of basic energy let it start attacking.

With Diantha, you can easily chain evolutions/attackers, and keep up a consistent threat.
This also allows you to go for a stalling route; since you can grab any items you want, and reuse them later.

For me the perfect partners for Mimikyu GX are Basic Pokémon such as Tapu Koko non-GX and the famous Necrozma Tapu Lele combo which is also available to fairies.

I'm only worried about Tapu Koko Promo because of Stakataka GX making it possible to do actually 0 damage fairly easily, but I do think that mixing it with Necrozma + Lele package is a great idea. I think the Necrozma + Lele combo is kind of a good idea in any deck that can load the energy on quickly enough for it.

Agree to disagree. Though have you played golisopod zoroark?

I haven't played it myself, but I have seen it run at a competitive level. Most of the reason why I haven't played it myself is because I just simply lost interest in this rotation a few months ago due to the meta and, well, Garbotoxin making the game incredibly boring for me. I'm not sure if I would ever play it though, just because the first impression attack style just doesn't really work in my head. I can't wrap my brain around it, strangely.

@Ecourts

I do think there is potential that I'm underestimating Alolan Ninetales. It's just hard for me to look at cards like this in isolation and determine whether or not it'll be good, since honestly whether or not it will be good will depend on the rest of the deck. I don't think it's a self explanatory attacker like Gardevoir GX was at the time, and I guess you could just see Alolan Ninetales GX as a Buzzwole GX that searches items and has a 40 damage stronger Jet Punch at face value. I dunno. I'll wait and see until the rest of the set comes out. I just don't like it at a glance. I'd need to see it in the context of a full deck list that has a turn-by-turn strategy. I believe the 70/30 split also looks unfavorable to me due to Stakataka GX. Low base damage values just aren't appealing when a card that can OHKO you also can potentially make you do 40/0.

"TRANSLATIONS UPDATED"

Mimikyu goes from extra 10 damage to extra 30 per damage counter on opponents pokemon...

to quote Krillen from DBZ abridged "Just went from a 9 to a 10..."

LOL

Can't wait to get my hands on these... Dual type Alolan Ninetails would be interesting to build.

I'm only worried about Tapu Koko Promo because of Stakataka GX making it possible to do actually 0 damage fairly easily, but I do think that mixing it with Necrozma + Lele package is a great idea. I think the Necrozma + Lele combo is kind of a good idea in any deck that can load the energy on quickly enough for it.

I haven't played it myself, but I have seen it run at a competitive level. Most of the reason why I haven't played it myself is because I just simply lost interest in this rotation a few months ago due to the meta and, well, Garbotoxin making the game incredibly boring for me. I'm not sure if I would ever play it though, just because the first impression attack style just doesn't really work in my head. I can't wrap my brain around it, strangely.

@Ecourts

I do think there is potential that I'm underestimating Alolan Ninetales. It's just hard for me to look at cards like this in isolation and determine whether or not it'll be good, since honestly whether or not it will be good will depend on the rest of the deck. I don't think it's a self explanatory attacker like Gardevoir GX was at the time, and I guess you could just see Alolan Ninetales GX as a Buzzwole GX that searches items and has a 40 damage stronger Jet Punch at face value. I dunno. I'll wait and see until the rest of the set comes out. I just don't like it at a glance. I'd need to see it in the context of a full deck list that has a turn-by-turn strategy. I believe the 70/30 split also looks unfavorable to me due to Stakataka GX. Low base damage values just aren't appealing when a card that can OHKO you also can potentially make you do 40/0.

The Necrozma Tapu Lele combo cannot be used in all decks since Tapu Lele requires either Psychic Energy or Fairy Energy. This restricts the options to certain decks. We will have to see the remaining cards in this set but Stakataka can be countered with Alolan Muk since none of the cards we consider for a Fairy spread deck require abilities on Basic Pokémon to work. Naganadel Stakataka is a decent deck but none of the deck choices we have at the moment are without limitations which is a good thing.

Back