• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mewtwo GX

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
3 Mewtwo GX
1 Mewtwo (SHL Promo)
3 Inkay
3 Malamar
1 Oranguru
2 Eevee
2 Espeon GX
1 Tapu Lele
1 Lunala Prism Star

4 Mysterious Treasure
2 Nest Ball
1 Pokemon Fan Club
4 Max Potion
3 Ultra Ball
3 Guzma
2 Rescue Stretcher
4 Cynthia
2 Lillie
2 Sophocles
1 Lady

11 Psychic Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy

Last edited:
I see. Anywho, I believe these changes should be recommended:

-2 Eevee
-2 Espeon GX
-1 Lillie (If you want this draw power, Sophocles or Sycamore would be my pick.)

+ 2 Field Blower (Garbotoxin wrecks if not prepared.)
+ 3 Choice Band (Suggested Tool of Choice. No pun intended.)

A word of notice:
Mewtwo’s GX attack is extremely underrated. 230 (Choice Band Included) KO’s almost every Pokémon in the meta. (Meta-gross is the exception. Also no pun intended.) An instant KO against a 2 Prize Pokémon is a GX attack I probably want under my belt. You can use it almost any time in a battle. Don’t be afraid to use it.

That’s what I think. See ya!

I see. Anywho, I believe these changes should be recommended:

Mewtwo’s GX attack is extremely underrated. 230 (Choice Band Included) KO’s almost every Pokémon in the meta. (Meta-gross is the exception. Also no pun intended.) An instant KO against a 2 Prize Pokémon is a GX attack I probably want under my belt. You can use it almost any time in a battle. Don’t be afraid to use it.

Also Solgaleo-GX with 250HP. But thats an attack you can only use once per game. How does he counter a Dawn Wings, Ultra or regular Necrozoma-GX with the psychic weakness? Those are prevalent cards in the current meta.

I'm fairly new to PTCGO myself so I'd appreciate your take: What if he adds some Weakness Policy to use after you have one of your Mewtwo-GX use their GX ability with a choice band. Maybe a couple have weakness policy when going for a two shot on a psychic pokemon?

I'd still worry about the guzma snipe. 190HP isnt much.

Also Solgaleo-GX with 250HP. But thats an attack you can only use once per game. How does he counter a Dawn Wings, Ultra or regular Necrozoma-GX with the psychic weakness? Those are prevalent cards in the current meta.

I'm fairly new to PTCGO myself so I'd appreciate your take: What if he adds some Weakness Policy to use after you have one of your Mewtwo-GX use their GX ability with a choice band. Maybe a couple have weakness policy when going for a two shot on a psychic pokemon?

I'd still worry about the guzma snipe. 190HP isnt much.
I will agree with your Policy (pun intended), but then again, Ultra Necrozma is a Dragon, and Reg Necrozma is weak to Mewtwo also.

Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

The Espeon GX line does not seem to really offer any additional advantages; so, I too would sugesst replacing these cards with other, "higher priority" cards. Further, should you replace this line, the DC energy may not be needed too.

Lunala PS seem to have a very limited use and could be quite useful early game only, IMO.

The 2 Nest Ball seem excessive given that you are also running 4 Mysterious, 1 Pokémon Fan Club and 3 Ultra Ball.

Why no field Blower or Stadium (e.g., Altar of the Moone)?

Suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-2 Eevee
-2 Espeon GX
-1 Lunala PS

+3 Tapu Koko (Flying Flip) / Latios (SLG) - can be used to initially weaken opponent's strategic Pokémon
+2 Field Blower

I hope you find these comments helpful?

I actually disagree about Lunala Prism Star. It can be a punishing late-game attacker, especially if you charge it up with Malamars instead of its own attack.

The idea of experimenting with a Latios/Koko combo sounds good. I run a 2-2 split of them in my counter deck.

Some of the more prominent players (like Andrew Mahone) have suggested a 4-3 Malamar line, which seems important to me for consistency.

I’m not sure that Lady is worth having, because you don’t have a reliable way to dump your hand.

Back