Discussion Ultra Necrozma Malamar decks

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Trying to strengthen my deck against Zoro-Roc, and also attacking Hoopa.

For Zoro-Roc, I feel it's slighlty unfavorable. To win what I do is avoid benching Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, and get Ultra Necrozma down with Malamars and use Guzmas and float stones to cycle the Ultra Necrozmas and hit for 210 with choice band. Ultra Necrozma can one shot anything in that deck and they two shot me here. Also can sneak in an attack with Mewtwo promo. But it's a tough matchup and I gotta cycle the Ultra Necrozmas perfectly.

Attacking Hoopa is almost unwinnable. I two shot him with my Mewtwo promos and other 1 prize psychics, but he also two shots me here. Eventually I run out of attackers here before he runs out of Hoopas. Also sometimes they throw in a Weavile for bigger damage or spread damage.

Really need to tech in a good fighting type here to deal with Hoopas and Zoroarks but there is not many options. Thinking to tech in Zygarde 72/131 from Forbidden Light and put in rainbow energies instead of metal energies. Thoughts?? Not crazy about the rainbows though. I can put one rainbow onto Zygarde then use Malamar to put two psychics and then use Calm Strike. It can one shot a Hoopa or even one shot a Zoroark if I've used my GX attack. Both of them two shot me back.

Pengwin

Aspiring Trainer
For Zororoc as you said you have enough firepower to deal with everything in the deck so your main goal should be slowing Zoroark down even if its one or two turns that should give you enough time to setup and dig through most of your deck, your best bet would be to play 2 Parallel Citys.

For attacking Hoopa like you said instruct Oranguru and Fates Collide Mew would be your best bets as they are also very useful to your deck in general and good vs attacking Hoopa. Hoopa shouldn't be able to charge up multiple attackers to quickly so if you kill 2 of them most likely they will be so far behind on energy even your malars should be able to keep up with the pace until you get a rescue stretcher to bring back your Oranguru or Mew again.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Got the two parallel citys... sometimes if I get lucky Zoroark doesn't have the choice band and he only hits Dawn Wings Necrozma for 160 and it survives. :)

Little mew is a great idea against attacking Hoopa. Took it out a while ago because it was too easy to Jet Punch, will put it back in. Running 2 Mewtwo promos, will switch to 1-1 with a Fates Mew.