Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Obvious 4 of in every deck. Sightseer is to Sycamore as Guzma is to Lysandre. The card is is excellent for all decks that want to selectively shove things in the discard. It will also be nice to save key items.
probably not useful if you have over 5 or 6 cards, because you end up discarding and not drawing. though you can discard below 5, and sometimes sycamore is more useful(in expanded) and even sophocles is better. only useful if you can discard enough cards to justifying draw up to 5 cards. i can see this in expanded, dark patch, aqua patch, malamar>?
i can see this being useful a nm deck, where you have too much nm pokemon and you dont want to discard other essential cards in your hand. useful for alolan exeggutor as well.
if you have have 7+ cards in your hand sightseer essentially becomes a dead weight card that will only discard from hand.

Magcargo can be used in any deck, not just fire, although you might have to attack with it?
2-2 magcargos-gx and baby magcargo is good.

Last edited:

Wechselbalg

brb
There have been some pretty bad looking CGI illustrations for EX/GX cards in the past but this one has to be one of the worst offenders. Anyway, it's playable because of the Magcargo reprint and the two together should make a fun deck while also having some competitive merit but it doesn't look that amazing.

Last edited:

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Play Mallow, have 2 Macargo GX in play - guaranteed 2 energy acceleration.

Goes great with Turtonator GX, and definitely running it with Zoroark GX for draw power and type coverage to not auto lose to water.

Kiawe might be okay in this deck as well just to get instant power on T1 and attack on T2 with Magcargo GX.

Pointing out the fact that Magcargo GX gains damage for discarding ANY basic energy, not just fire.

I almost want to play this as a support Pokemon for Salazzle GX, since Diabolical Claws is actually an amazing attack.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
We DO have energy recycler from Guardians Rising
But it returns to the deck not to the specific Pokemon or even in hand.
Recycle is still an option though but would it be too slow to feed energy and spam damage

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Play Mallow, have 2 Macargo GX in play - guaranteed 2 energy acceleration.

Goes great with Turtonator GX, and definitely running it with Zoroark GX for draw power and type coverage to not auto lose to water.

Kiawe might be okay in this deck as well just to get instant power on T1 and attack on T2 with Magcargo GX.

Pointing out the fact that Magcargo GX gains damage for discarding ANY basic energy, not just fire.

I almost want to play this as a support Pokemon for Salazzle GX, since Diabolical Claws is actually an amazing attack.
Don't use Kiawe on Stage 1 because a low HP basic can easily be dragged by Guzma.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Don't use Kiawe on Stage 1 because a low HP basic can easily be dragged by Guzma.

Yeah, the more I thought about it the more I was like "eh, probably bad idea."

Wouldn't be a bad idea for if you opened Turtonator GX though.

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Ability is ehhhhhh..... I guess with Mallow maybe..... attack is alright....
But the GX attack is severely underpowered

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Seems interesting enough and is probably something I want to try out with Acrobike. Initial thoughts make me think it could be a good way to finally utilize Hoho's gx attack effectively as you Mallow to put 2 stage twos at the top of your deck (maybe Blaziken), discard them and put those same two gx's into play with eternal flame.

lildeku

Aspiring Trainer
This card is quite nice! It will work in some decks but not work so well in others. Deffs has the potential to be a new staple