Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
Shauna, but with a useful effect added on. I'm not so sure this will be a 4-copy card in every deck, but it definitely looks like a good card.

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Nice synergy with the regular magcargo. With a gx and baby magcargo I play, you can basically search and attach a basic energy from deck every turn. Attacks aren't that great, but the ability could be used with any basic energy. Interesting new energy acceleration post rotation perhaps

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
As I watch google, I give it between 3 and 4 Wossies because we don't give half Wossies as that would be barbaric.

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
I never thought i would see a magcargo gx to be honest but it looks awesome has nice synergy with baby magcargo and the attack could be fun you don't want to use the gx attack so use turtonator gx, gx attack instead.

Also does the ability stack?

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
I never thought i would see a magcargo gx to be honest but it looks awesome has nice synergy with baby magcargo and the attack could be fun you don't want to use the gx attack so use turtonator gx, gx attack instead.

Also does the ability stack?
with the translation we have, yes it should.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
You can use as many as you want per turn, the main issue I see with this deck is Slugma feels like a constraining factor. Ideally you want 2 GX and 2 normal Maggies in play so you can get 2 uses of each ability, plus a manual attachment so you can stream attacks turn after turn. Turtornator will be a good way to get a lot of fire energy back in play, there's also the Firestarter Blaziken of course but that's a stage 2.

You need to drop all 3 energy to hit the 200+ mark, this basically means you need 2 uses of each ability and a manual attachment each turn to hit your key number, 150 isn't good enough against Buzzwole, Ultra Necrozma or Zoroark, but it does KO Rayquaza-GX with a choice band which is likely to be a strong deck post rotation.

Against 190hp cards, this combos well with Turt-GX's Bright Flame, even just having one of each down lets you use it turn after turn for one manual attachment, and you can probably be hitting that number from turn 2 on.

Shuckle is also a great card for Alolan Exeggutor, in fact I think that's the key card that Eggy/Garb needs to break into true standard viability since it lets you easily search out the x1 energies you run for shake, then with either ultra balls or sightseers you can dump a psychic and grass out of your hand to hit max damage much more consistently, creating the early board pressure that Garbodor needs to be useful in the lategame.

Fenrir Kamiya

Aspiring Trainer
2 things:
1) This card is sooo beatiful! I'm very anxious to see it's FA version.
2) This card is awesome, it will be our next draw support for the next season, for sure.

Paul Weiskopf

Gwentigone
So I think this card is alright, but how come one of the slowest pokemon in the game gets a GX, but the fastest doesn't in a speed themed set??? JUSTICE FOR DEOXYS

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Magcargo-GX - Good with Magcargo that reserves a card to the top so you'll always hitting the energy you want. The main atk though bothers me. How do we get those discarded energies back and spam the numbers? We don't have Baby Volcanion #HeyNick next roration. 3-4 Geodudes

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
  • Magcargo-GX - Good with Magcargo that reserves a card to the top so you'll always hitting the energy you want. The main atk though bothers me. How do we get those discarded energies back and spam the numbers? We don't have Baby Volcanion #HeyNick next roration. 3-4 Geodudes
We DO have energy recycler from Guardians Rising

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
I've been wanting a Battle Compressor but for energy for a while now, since there are quite some decks that want energy in the discard, but have no good way of getting them there.

So Shuckle is definitely fulfilling that, however at the cost of a bench space. And Shuckle will be dead weight after that, so you better be able to afford locking down that bench slot with Shuckle.
i play online, so battle compressor is more useful in expanded, i can see this being used for aqua patch and maybe rayquaza.