Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

Really good card. Less draw power than sycamore but more conservative of resources. This and Cynthia as our main draw supporters seem to suggest that we'll enter a less aggrrlessive format in terms of discarding an drawing

Great card. If you have a few good card you don't want to discard but have several bad ones. You can get some new cards without losing everything.

• Kantonian Sightseer - It's a Psychic's Third Eye in a weird manner. Its a Post-rotation card. That means Sycamore is gone in standard. So we assume that we teched in this one just to dump cards that we don't want in the game. But we have the twins that have 2 incredible options and Cynthia which is "Serperior". I don't think we want this. 3 Geodudes

The twins are only useful in some decks. You don't need Tate & Liza in Zeraora-GX, Silvally-GX or any deck with a solution to switching. This card is currently the second best draw support in standard. Discard energy and unwanted cards, keep cards like Pokémon evolutions and supporters in your hand. The versatility is great and it will certainly be a 3-4 in my decks.

• Kantonian Sightseer - It's a Psychic's Third Eye in a weird manner. Its a Post-rotation card. That means Sycamore is gone in standard. So we assume that we teched in this one just to dump cards that we don't want in the game. But we have the twins that have 2 incredible options and Cynthia which is "Serperior". I don't think we want this. 3 Geodudes

How is 'shuffle and draw 5' (Remember how popular Shauna was? Yeah, me neither.) or an effect that you can achieve with an item (and thus saving your supporter for the turn) incredible? Sightseer is pretty much superior to Tate and Liza. People have only been putting the latter in post-rotation theory decks because everyone thought that we wouldn't get a better draw supporter. But we did.

Welp, cya Tate & Liza.

Great draw support for decks that need it. Not really needed in decks that just operate off of hard search like Sylveon GX or decks that already run Zoroark GX for passive draw support, but this is the new go to card if you want extra draw support besides Cynthia post rotation without leaning on things like Hala or Sophocles.

Shuckle sucks in Malamar, you should add it only if you like being at the bottomest of bottom tables.
I think there's actually merit to having the Shuckle in Malamar decks, as a one-of, to help recover from the bad setup of not having any energy, which can happen. In the event it does, they can use it to get those energies, and if they're bricking on something else, they can use it to fuel another search card like ultra ball, like one would with any other useless tech.

I definitely dig this card! Sometimes you know certain cards aren't necessary against an opponent. Here's one more way to thin your deck in Standard. Expanded had Battle Compressor. Standard now will have Sightseer

It's not quite the same though because Battle compressor lets you discard directly from your deck. This is good for a lot of decks that use VS seeker to instantly get the supporter you want, night march to increase damage and even Zoroark to get your eggs in discard.

Sightseer will only let you discard what is in your hand. Ideally, this card should be used like Sycamore to draw a fresh hand instead of shuffling cards that weren't helping you back into your deck.

I think there's actually merit to having the Shuckle in Malamar decks, as a one-of, to help recover from the bad setup of not having any energy, which can happen. In the event it does, they can use it to get those energies, and if they're bricking on something else, they can use it to fuel another search card like ultra ball, like one would with any other useless tech.
It's like you didn't even read my post.

This is usable but copycat and tate&litta are better. If you get the card first turn and have to discard a bunch of useful cards like evolutions and supporters just to get the ball rolling a shuffle and draw is much better in that case. How often you think your hand is gone be so bad you can discard everything willy nilly. Sycamores pay off was a total new hand you got 2 more cards than this making the risk worthwhile

Back