Discussion Which Garb variant

The Evil Sneasel

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all TES here I have a question. Which Garb variant would you play.
Zorogarb- Bad Matchup against buzz but good matchup against Ultra Necrozma
Buzzgarb- Even matchup against Buzz but bad matchup against Ultra Necrozma.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I currently run a Garbodor-Espeon deck. IMO, Garbodor-Espeon, Garbodor-Zoroark, Garbodor-Golisopod or Garbodor-Golisopod-Zoroark are solid Garbodor combos. My decks feature both Trash and Garbotoxin Garbodors (2-2). I've found that only 3 Trubbish are fine along with 1 Rescue Stretcher and 1 Super Rod. 1 Espeon EX has also proven useful. 3 Weakness Policy Tools are also quite helpful in the Garbodor-Espeon deck.

Btw, to mitigate any match-up against a DW Necrozma deck, I may just tech in a 2-2 Zoroark GX line.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Trev Garb: great matchup vs Buzzwole and a good matchup vs Malamar builds. Tough Zoroark matchup, but definitely winnable. Just have to play like a boss.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Trev Garb: great matchup vs Buzzwole and a good matchup vs Malamar builds. Tough Zoroark matchup, but definitely winnable. Just have to play like a boss.

Why would you play Garb with Trev? Wouldn't Garbotoxin shut down Nervous Seed?

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Why would you play Garb with Trev? Wouldn't Garbotoxin shut down Nervous Seed?

Nervous seed is only truly relevant in the Buzzwole matchup, so you just don't activate Garbotoxin in that matchup. It's absolutely CRITICAL in winning any Malamar matchup at all though. Without it you just lose, and pretty badly too. It's also your win con vs Zoroark decks. Hope to keep up with a decent prize trade, Garb lock and N them to 1-2 and hope it sticks while you clean up since you play a butt ton of supporters and they only play a few.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Nervous seed is only truly relevant in the Buzzwole matchup, so you just don't activate Garbotoxin in that matchup. It's absolutely CRITICAL in winning any Malamar matchup at all though. Without it you just lose, and pretty badly too. It's also your win con vs Zoroark decks. Hope to keep up with a decent prize trade, Garb lock and N them to 1-2 and hope it sticks while you clean up since you play a butt ton of supporters and they only play a few.
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for the idea!

Doubler300

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I was playing garb trev, but only grass trevs and one break. The mystery treasures make this deck extremely more consistent then in the past.