• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sinnoh Dragon Does the Alolan Limbo Limbo (Alolan Marowak/Palkia-GX

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
As most of these fun decks go with me, I have found inspiration from other players talking about ideas for interesting decks. This list uses Alolan Marowak to power up Palkia GX. Best part is that since Marowak doesn't discriminate where the energies go, I can play the dragon Palkia to some effect. Yeah I know Aqua Patch doesn't work for the dragon type but Volcanion's attack is nothing to scoff at either.

2 Cubone
2 Alolan Marowak (FBL)
1 Volcanion Prism Star
1 Palkia GX (Water)
3 Palkia GX (Dragon)
2 Oranguru (Instruct)
1 Latios (SHL)
2 Tapu Lele GX

3 Devoured Field
3 Aqua Patch
4 Nest Ball
3 Ultra Ball
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Switch
3 Cynthia
1 Judge
1 Hau
2 Choice Band
2 Professor Kukui
3 Guzma
3 Field Blower

11 Water Energy
2 DCE

Ideally you want to get Alolan Marowak up ASAP and get the energy rolling. I chose to go heavy with the dragon type Palkia but that could change if Gardy becomes a thing. I almost didn't include the Lele's but it is Lele. I could drop it down to 1 and replace it with another Water energy. I know the energy seems like a lot but I do a lot of discarding. Articuno GX is something I could toy around with as a secondary attacker.

why did you go for 3 dragon 1 water? i get that golisopod is more prevalent than gardevoir, but i think aqua patch support would far outweigh that, and would also outweigh devoured field. i think go 3 : 1 of water : dragon, or just not play the dragon at all. then since you're cutting devoured field you can make use of brooklet hill, although honestly this deck doesn't really need it with the number of nest balls, plus you'll run into opposing brooklets a lot.

also is this meant to be post rotation? it says standard at the top, but you're missing some key pre-rotation cards, so i'm just going to assume it's post. other changes i would make are
-3 brooklet
-1 field blower
-1 hau
-1 judge
+1 aqua patch
+1 cynthia (always max out cynthia post-rotation)
+2 lillie or +1 lillie/+1 sophocles (to discard water)
+2 tate and liza
+1 ultra ball (if you wanna put in brooklet then take out nest balls)

My reasoning for the Water:Dragon ratio is exactly what you said. I initially had it as a 2-2 but went with the 3-1 after some thinking. I almost combined Palkia with Alolan Ninetales but my Pokemon count was already getting too high due to the sheer number of water energies I have to run. If I had the space I would throw in a Fisherman or a Crasher Wake for either energy recovery or searching. I would love to only run 2 Field Blower but it seems a bit too risky to me. Completely forgot about Tate and Liza.

if golisopod is common enough in your meta then that's definitely reasonable. also this deck is not very reliant on abilities, which is usually the main reason to play field blower, so i don't feel like 3 is necessary.

and yea tate and liza is a very forgettable card. i'm so not a fan of it but its really the next best we have after cynthia post-rotation.

The person who won the league cup at my locals played Golisopod. I just want to cover all my bases and I feel as though I can afford to do that since I am playing Marowak. After Celestial Storm, I might cut the Palkia line down to 2-1 and play an Articuno GX.

Back