General Deck Ideas With Hustle Band

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
Ok i cannot said all the cards just because i don't know the full deck list(after rotation) but i write some very general ideas.

Torchic (50HP) with ability to attack twice. (with victini)
The goal is with Team Maga secret Base or with Frosen city to hit Torchic to 30 Hp. With Hustle band attack goes 80 and with 3 Lurantis (baby) to raised up the attack over 140. The goal is to OHKO Gx or 2 no GX pokemon(change 56,25%)

Ninjask(60HP) the goal is with Po Town to play Hustle Band From hitting with 2 energy(or CE 120 damage, go back to beanch. Also summon Sheninja with ability not taken price after K.O(Black & White) Natural Mew can Help here, but he need deference stadium (maybe Frosen city works fine if cannot aford to play CE)

Magicarp (Burning Sadows 32/147) with Team maga secret Base , or frosen city. The goal is to hit 70 damage with 75% change(victini) Immunity Here Mew can help. (ok can use Rainbow energy but new not go down to 30 with Rainbow)

Reuniclus (with damage swap)(Black & White 57/114 or Black & White Dragons Exalted 116/124) Ok with Po town if you want to try with Duosion (xy fates collied 34/124). The goal is to move damage to your active pokemon to hit with Hustle Band or to full heal active when you cannot afford to lose price cards.

Ok with mew can hit (on first turn ) with any baby pokemon and usually was enough to K.O opponent baby pokemon 1rst turn. and hit really good damage with some Decks with (Zoroark GX 180), in Volcanion deck(if Steam up count from mew) can hit up too 200!

I just thing Hustle Band was great card and opening the door from many baby pokemon to take 1rst hit K.O but some of them may hit Gx if it was from Weakness ( Meditite, mienfoo , makney from examble (or even Diglett! Can OHKO Zoroark GX) (20+60=80+20 (Diancie) so need Strong energy or just Regirock! *2=K.O).

I Mean looks like that the baby pokemon can does real damage with this tool in Expanded(if hit with weakness) i mean can easily hit 10-20 +60=70-80 +2 Lurantis= 120*2= boom! (Torchic is one example)

Conclusion this cards looks great in Expanded maybe, but item lock hit a lot! So need defence from travenand decks. (but looks like impossible). Also looks like Mr Mime helps a lot to protact beanch damage

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
There's also the suggested Goomy list:
A Goomy (FLI) with a Rainbow Energy has 30 HP, and with a Kukui, 4 Altaria, and Hustle Belt, you get 170 for a single energy. Just sayin'

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
There's also the suggested Goomy list:
A Goomy (FLI) with a Rainbow Energy has 30 HP, and with a Kukui, 4 Altaria, and Hustle Belt, you get 170 for a single energy. Just sayin'

Torchic with 4 Volcanion (steam up) can hit 200 (20+60+30*4) =so have change to K.O 2 GX pokemon in one turn(Need 4 Volcanion Beanch 4 fire energy in hand, and Victini) But is s funny when a Baby pokemon have great change to K.O 2 GX pkemon in one turn! (56,25% with full set up is pponent have only GX pokemon)

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
~Moved thread from the Deck Garage to the Competitive Play Forum, because the discussion is about viability of a specific card, not about a deck list :)

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
So your opinion is that we not see any play with this card... (we see soon if the baby pokemon with 50 Hp or less)(team maga or frozen city) was good enought now (or mre cluncky) stage 1 with 60 or less(po town)

Last edited:

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
To get the counters on the Joltik, you can simply play a Magma Base Night March list :)
i agree but night march is allready strong not need extra power. We just search now from other pokemon with no big play until now that will be playable.

E.g no one had play magicarp! but will be playable now, mew combo was great now, (i mean you put 2 -3 baby pokemon ant try to hit with Weakness) Torchic! (at least playable try now, no one play this in past, )we just search this kind of cards

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
I guess your right, but don't you need dimension valley in night march? It just sees more clunky than it worth

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
i just search the list on pkemon (expanted) with 50 or less HP and 60 stage 1.
Alolan ratata low basic attack(20) but at least no energy(so max 80*2=160) not enought
have many grass and fire pokemon(lurantis) was enought from grass weakness
Barboach (50 hp 30 damage with water colorless) so 90*2=180 just pass...(CE)
Honedge have 50 Attack but too expensive! 3 phy(110*2=220) but too expencive
Shedinja (30 HP) can work again (with mew and rainbow energy 150+60=210! (at least test)
Natu(40HP) with CE 10 damage from every energy on opponent pokemon (adility take extra price) so may work!
Sherfing pikachu(50 hp with CE can does 90*2=180(light light)
Mienfoo, monkey at least with strong energy and Diancie star can hit 120(k.0 a lot not ex with out weakness)
Combee (30 hp) with single grass can hit 90(*2=180) with no other boost! (with 4 lurantis 170+kukui 190) and Shurfee all cards into your deck! super pass!
Pawniard (50hp) with CE can hit 30+60=90*2=180 (Dark collorless) just pass from baby troll ideas...
ok magicarp and torchic have all tell it many times...

now stage one with 60 hp
Ribombee(60hp)
single energy(no collorless) 30+60=90*2=180.
Allolan Dugtrio(60hp) at least with tool now need 2 less energy t hit 180
Duosion(60hp) ok not the best try but with Ce can attack now up too 160 with no weakness (but no 180) not pass
Raticate (60hp) can attack now 180 if opponent have 2 Sp energy(no 3!)
Νinjask(60hp) i tall it in 1rst post can hit 120(with ce and no extra boost), (ok 180 with 3 lurantis) summon Shedinja(60hp) and go to the beanch! (super pass)

some super clunky
Reuniclus(90hp) if you play the Reuniclus (damage swap) why not to try the old one as bonus may does (with ce) over 180

Nyora

A Cat
Magma's Base + Baby Mew + Latios is cool looking, could be interesting. Really, Magma's Base, Baby Mew, and anything that is basic and has a good 1 cost attack.

EDIT: Baby Mew / Magma's Base / Latios / Hustle Belt OHKO's Buzzwole :D
To get the counters on the Joltik, you can simply play a Magma Base Night March list :)
This involves a few things. For one, your probably going to end up replacing this for Dimension Valley, so Pumpkaboo likely isn't going to attack all game. So now you have 4 less attackers. This will also bring Joltik down to 10HP, and while I know 30 is low, 10 is lower, making it easier to kill, especially by spread damage.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Magma's Base + Baby Mew + Latios is cool looking, could be interesting. Really, Magma's Base, Baby Mew, and anything that is basic and has a good 1 cost attack.

EDIT: Baby Mew / Magma's Base / Latios / Hustle Belt OHKO's Buzzwole :D

This involves a few things. For one, your probably going to end up replacing this for Dimension Valley, so Pumpkaboo likely isn't going to attack all game. So now you have 4 less attackers. This will also bring Joltik down to 10HP, and while I know 30 is low, 10 is lower, making it easier to kill, especially by spread damage.
There is no relevant spread damage except Buzz and Trev Break. Trev Break is already a loss for the deck so that does not matter. Buzz also doesn't matter because the 30 from jet punch it kills it no matter what (you could play a Mr Mime if it matters so much). Night March goes through its deck very fast, not saying to completely abandon Dimension Valley but it's not even that bad if you do. The reason Night March is not viable in expanded right now is because it losses easily to Hex chains by Zoroark decks, along with the recent spike in Trev BREAK play.

Less attackers is also not an issue. It's hard to run out of attackers when there are 4 Joltiks, 1 Marshadow GX and puzzles. If it really is an issue, 1 Rescue Stretcher wouldn't hurt.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
To me, the hustle band is better used with the element of surprise, on non-GX big basics that are hard to one-hit.

For example, with 130+ HP attackers, it always seems on the brink of getting one-hit, as 130 HP survives the common 120 damage mark of many attackers, like Zoroark GX. Once they get to 30 or less HP remaining, that's when you attach the belt to punish your opponent.

Of course, that's the same way you'd use Crisis Potion as well. I find items like this worth testing out first to see how they really help.