Major 'Pokemon Switch' Rumors Today -- A Breakdown and Analysis!

Gen 1 and Kanto can screw off, they're beating a dead horse.
Pokemon Go integration, gross.
The names are god awful.
Graphics are cool, but still sub par for what I hoped.
No new pokemon almost guaranteed.

My expectations were low but this is still disappointing. So until SSB comes out I still don't have a good enough reason to buy a switch.

HGSS was the best Kanto game.

Those graphics look incredible... If it features ALL Pokemon, I'll pick it up, otherwise I'll wait for next years games. Either way it's bizarre to me how left field this is. sigh

OMGGGG.

I FINNA TAKE PIKACHU FOR A WALK.

WHERES MY PREORDER LINK.

IF WE CAN PLAY WITH FRIENDS ON DA COUCH DOES THAT MEAN VGC WILL HAVE DUOS COMPETITIONS.

POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.

Doesn't look like a game I'm gonna pick up
-graphics are mediocre compared to what the switch can actually do, which is probably because this is meant to be a children's game like hey you pikachu
-gameplay looks blah
-catching system takes all of the challenge out of it
-don't really want to play pokemon yellow again with nearly nothing changing other than graphical improvement, multiplayer and pokemon go integration

I'm skipping this one honestly. I'm not going to waste my time with a watered down Pokemon Go version of Kanto when I can just play FRLG and have way more of a fun time than just swinging a Joy Con to catch stuff.

I am glad with the news that this is for casual audiences and that we're getting a real game next year though.

It means we have time to wait before the next game, which means not only will generation 7 be able to settle a bit more, but it also means possibly more time to work on the next game. And I'm hopeful that that means we won't get a major disappointment like Sun and Moon.

It's a huge relief that this isn't replacing Pokemon's formula, because that was my biggest fear of it. I didn't want Pokemon Go ruining the formula of these games that mean so much to me so the fact that they're just more of a spinoff is a MASSIVE relief.

So in a way, it's a win-win. The casual crowds get this, the people who like both GO and the main series will like this, and we have more time to wait for what we can hope is a really damn good core game on switch.

Interesting. I wonder how Go stats will integrate with this. If it’s a core game, will it work with Pokémon. Bank? How will the stats conflict? I’m sure people will still find a way to make this game competitive.

Considering that these games is in synced with GO, I have so many questions in GO that I can answer:
  1. GO doesn't have levelling system, a wild Pokémon have this called CP. So I assume when it is transferred, 1 level = 200 CP in GO
  2. Learning moves in GO. Every Pokémon in GO learn if not one, two moves. Since like #1, it won't learn moves there. I am afraid that when it transferred, it will only learn those moves. No status moves, etc.
  3. Evolution method in GO is dumb. Collect candies to evolve? What? Not by natural method of evolving?

We'll find out when this game is (hopefully) datamined.

Wait, will your partner pokemon be just Pikachu or Eevee, or could you pick one like in GO? If so that opens up some new ideas (pictures Moltres sitting on shoulder) also, will your starter Pikachu be able to evolve? If not imma be really TRIGGERED!!!!

Last edited:
I was excited but now I'm not. The graphics look to much X&Y and not enough Sun & Moon. For some reason I hate the cases, looks like Windows Bliss. And no online features, really? This seems lazy for a big budget game, I'm going to assume that's due to issues with the online for Switch, but online features is important in the modern Pokemon environment. Meh.

Considering that these games is in synced with GO, I have so many questions in GO that I can answer:
  1. GO doesn't have levelling system, a wild Pokémon have this called CP. So I assume when it is transferred, 1 level = 200 CP in GO
  2. Learning moves in GO. Every Pokémon in GO learn if not one, two moves. Since like #1, it won't learn moves there. I am afraid that when it transferred, it will only learn those moves. No status moves, etc.
  3. Evolution method in GO is dumb. Collect candies to evolve? What? Not by natural method of evolving?

We'll find out when this game is (hopefully) datamined.

Only replying on no.2, but it seems Pokémon will indeed have a max of 4 moves, and possibly learn more on level up (or will have some cheap-cost move reminder... If this is targeted at casual audiences, that wouldn't be weird to see at all tbh)

hczSRWQ.png

Not gonna buy a switch for this, but I could see newer fans of pokemon go who didn't grow up on the earlier versions of Kanto buying this and a switch. Not a terrible marketing strategy at all.

Back