• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Shiftry-GX (Sun and Moon - Celestial Storm)

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
Shiftry-GX got revealed the other day and i'm weirdly excited for it. Since Celestial Storm is only going to be legal for Worlds this season I decided to make a list for Shiftry for the 2019 standard format.

Pokémon (18):
4 Dunsparce (Celestial Storm)
4 Seedot (Celestial Storm)
Seedot – Grass – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Stampede: 30 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
2 Nuzleaf (Celestial Storm)
4 Shiftry-GX (Celestial Storm)
1 Shaymin (Shining Legends)
1 Oranguru (Sun and Moon)
2 Tapu Lele-GX (Guardians Rising)

Trainers (31):
3 Cynthia
4 Copycat
4 Judge
3 Guzma
4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
3 Acro Bike
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Choice Band

Energy (11):
7 Grass
4 Double Colourless

The general strategy of the list is to use cards like Copycat and Judge to let Shiftry-GX do 180 damage with Extrasensory (210 with Choice Band lets it OHKO Zoroark).
Shiftry-GX – Grass – HP240
Stage 2 – Evolves from Nuzleaf

[G] Perplex: 40 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.

[G][C][C] Extrasensory: 90+ damage. This attack does 90 more damage if you and your opponent have the same number of cards in your hands.

[G][C][C] Fandemonium GX: Shuffle 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon and all cards attached to it into their deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Retreat: 2
The 4 Dunsparce is to make sure we start with it since it's Strike and Run attack is really important to help set up the board.
Dunsparce – Normal – HP50
Basic Pokemon

[C] Strike and Run: Search your deck for up to 3 Basic Pokemon and put them on your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck. If you put any Pokemon on your Bench, you may switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[C] Sudden Flash: 10 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Retreat: 1
Shaymin is mostly just there for things like Hoopa and Alolan Ninetales, but Flippity Flap is pretty decent if you start Shaymin.

This is just a rough draft though, what do you guys think?

Edits: -1 Choice Band
+1 Field Blower
-1 Shaymin
+1 Oranguru
-1 Guzma
+1 Cynthia

Last edited:

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Interesting Idea, but you may want to include more filed blower, because a decent Zygarde GX deck will be using its GX almost every turn, and you want field blower to disrupt them like that. I'd also drop a copycat or judge for another Cynthia, sinc eyou are otherwise operating with a relatively low hand size, probably.

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting Idea, but you may want to include more filed blower, because a decent Zygarde GX deck will be using its GX almost every turn, and you want field blower to disrupt them like that. I'd also drop a copycat or judge for another Cynthia, sinc eyou are otherwise operating with a relatively low hand size, probably.
I do like the second field blower, but I wouldn't cut a Judge or Copycat just because of Extrasensory. I'll take out a choice band for the second field blower.

Moxinumon

Aspiring Trainer
Have you considered running Zoroark along with Shiftry? They can both use the DCE, and you get draw support. If not an Oranguru

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
Have you considered running Zoroark along with Shiftry? They can both use the DCE, and you get draw support. If not an Oranguru
I like the idea of Zoroark though i'm not super sure about playing a stage 2 with a stage 1 line, Acro Bike also kinda fills what Zoroark does (Although Zoroark does do it better). Oranguru is definitely a card that should be in here, I think i'll cut 1 Shaymin for it.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
I do like the second field blower, but I wouldn't cut a Judge or Copycat just because of Extrasensory. I'll take out a choice band for the second field blower.
If you're hitting 180-210 with Extrasensory, you shouldn't need to use it 8 times.

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
If you're hitting 180-210 with Extrasensory, you shouldn't need to use it 8 times.
8 ways to use Extrasensory makes it easier to work with lower hand sizes by increasing your chance to get them in your hand, I could just play Pal Pad but if Garb gets popular I wouldn't wanna risk it, even though I play Acro Bike. A third Cynthia sounds nice but I just don't think Copycat or Judge are the things to cut for it.