Discussion Maximizing Brigette Odds

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Trying to maximize the odds of hitting Brigette in my Necrozma - Malamar deck, with some priority on hitting the "natural" Brigette. (also need the cards later for pulling Malamars too)

I've got 9 spaces in my deck for this so I am playing 3 Brigette, 4 Mysterious Treasure, 1 Ultra Ball, 1 Lele

Wondering odds-wise is this optimal?
What if I play instead 2 Brigette and 2 Lele, then my odds of hitting natural Brigette goes down but my odds of overall Brigette is higher because if I play only 1 Lele it might be prized?

Is 2 Lele/2 Brigette or 1 Lele/3 Brigette a big diff or are we talking less than 1% difference in the various odds?

Well, Lele is searchable and you've got five cards that can search it out, which is better than for Brigette. I don't know the odds, but if you either start with Lele or it's prized, you're stuck with relying on drawing Brigette...so if you've got access to it, a second Lele is usually pretty good, though I don't really know about Necrozma-Malamar decks. And I wouldn't want to suggest going below three Brigette either, but if it works, go for it.

So maybe:
4 Mysterious Treasure, 2 Lele, 3 Brigette

Is better than:
4 Mysterious Treasure, 1 Ultra Ball, 1 Lele, 3 Brigette?

There's also:
4 Mysterious Treasure, 1 Ultra Ball, 2 Lele, 2 Brigette

I want to try to limit it to 9 cards here if possible. Thanks.

4 Ultra Ball, 4 Treasure, 1 Brigette, 2 Lele. More Ultra Balls means you get Lele more often, which not only increases your Brigette odds, but just keeps you from dead drawing. You also need heavy Pokemon search to grab Malamar's, otherwise you sit there with a bunch of Inkays. I'm not sure in exact percentages, but even if you decrease your odds of T1 Brigette, with 4 Ball, 4 Treasure, you can still get multiple Inkays out turn 1.

It's also worth pointing out that this consistency IS worth taking more spots than you want. It's a lot easier to help you though if you post a list so I'm not making blind assumptions about your decks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back