'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Nyora

A Cat
Seems like a fun card. If you deck has vey good energy acceleration, like maybe one of the Magnezones, Malamar, or something like that, could easily be splashable because that attack could be useful, and prizing it is meh since if you take it and it’s nit your last prize card, you have the chance to get another prize card.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
This is pure memes.
Anywho, looking at this card's attack, I feel like your opponent can simply retreat said pokemon to prevent it from being knocked out (as I assume it wouldn't affect the new active), unless I'm overthinking this.

Otaku

The wise fool?
As someone hoping we get more effects to manipulate our Prize Cards, stuff like Jirachi [Prism Star] suggest we aren't... as it would become a Staple if we had a card that let you replace an existing Prize Card with it, or had adding a card from your hand to your Prizes as a "cost" (meaning you did that to access a good effect). @silversalamence10 is correct; trusting the translation, "Defending Pokémon" is specific to the Pokémon being attacked. The good news is that at least the effect doesn't seem to reside on Jirachi [Prism Star], so it getting KO'd shouldn't stop it.

PandaPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
It’s a risk. Dunno if it would work with Dusk Mane? Oh, it could work with Rotom Dex and Ceelestella. You could ultra ball to search your deck, then if It’s in deck than rotom dex, and hopefully end up in prizes. Then you could blaster GX to see which one is Jirachi. Then take jirachi for an extra prize later on or if you knock out the Pokémon take immediately and take jirahi for the extra prize

starg09

Aspiring Trainer
It’s a risk. Dunno if it would work with Dusk Mane? Oh, it could work with Rotom Dex and Ceelestella. You could ultra ball to search your deck, then if It’s in deck than rotom dex, and hopefully end up in prizes. Then you could blaster GX to see which one is Jirachi. Then take jirachi for an extra prize later on or if you knock out the Pokémon take immediately and take jirahi for the extra prize
But if you did that, then Jirachi wouldn't be a "face-down prize card" anymore... So the effect wouldn't trigger :/

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Jirachi has to be taken while face down so you can't blaster GX

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it says the defending pokemon, so does that mean that if your opponent plays guzma and brings in a new pokemon, will that one be knocked out?

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
All right - here's the most optimal use for Jirachi Prism in three easy steps:

1) Whittle your hand down so Jirachi Prism is the only card in your hand
2) Bait your opponent to use Lighting GX with Xurkitree-GX - they'll be forced to add Jirachi Prism to your Prizes
3) KO the Xurkitree - you'll draw two Prizes, one of which will be Jirachi, so you can then use it to take another Prize

Absolutely foolproof!*

*Please kindly disregard the fact that this method does not advance your board-state beyond what you would have if you just KOed an EX/GX outright. When you're trying to style, you have no time for petty things like logic :p

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it says the defending pokemon, so does that mean that if your opponent plays guzma and brings in a new pokemon, will that one be knocked out?
um i think it wont since doom desire Jirachi from XY : Roaring Skies if that Pokémon gets switched out the effect goes away on that Pokémon and not to the new active Pokémon.

Otaku

The wise fool?

"Active Pokémon" means whatever is currently Active, "Defending Pokémon" means whatever was attacked. If your opponent Evolves, Benches the Active, etc. it won't be KO'd.

Edit: I was too slow, but then again, this was already asked and answered earlier this thread. XD

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will loose your heartache
Whatever you wish for you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing

The dream that you wish will come true
A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're feeling small
Alone in the night you whisper

Thinking no one can hear you at all
You wake with the morning sunlight
To find fortune that is smiling on you

WE LOVE YOU JIRACHI!!!

RealMemeHours

Doubles God
This card is crazy good. I'm surprised that everyone is super against it 'wasting' a prism card slot.
I'd tech this in any deck that I'd make. It's a free prize, how is that NOT good.
Yes, ig you have to place it to your bench, but that's a pretty small cost for more card advantage, and a bigger lead.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
um i think it wont since doom desire Jirachi from XY : Roaring Skies if that Pokémon gets switched out the effect goes away on that Pokémon and not to the new active Pokémon.

"Active Pokémon" means whatever is currently Active, "Defending Pokémon" means whatever was attacked. If your opponent Evolves, Benches the Active, etc. it won't be KO'd.

Edit: I was too slow, but then again, this was already asked and answered earlier this thread. XD

Ok, thanks, forgot about that!

M4DH4TTERXD

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know why everyone is rating this card as mediocre/"interesting". This card is hot garbage, 80 hp, attack that can be ducked with a guzma or invasion, not to mention the attack costs 3 energy. Plus the ability is just another janky greedy dice thing, nobody will play this card. If you want a pokemon that plays with prizes, reprint azelf, if you want a good Jirachi, reprint ex deoxys jirachi. This card is just not playable

ICEdaddy

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
A way to get an extra prize while using Jirachi Prism Star:

1. Put Jirachi Prism Star in binder
2. Play a very good deck

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
This card is crazy good. I'm surprised that everyone is super against it 'wasting' a prism card slot.
I'd tech this in any deck that I'd make. It's a free prize, how is that NOT good.
Yes, ig you have to place it to your bench, but that's a pretty small cost for more card advantage, and a bigger lead.
Realistically, how often are you going to hit this though?