• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Box (budget, no T-Lele)

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 20

3-3 Alolan Marowak (main attacker / energizer)
3-2 Alolan Ninetales / 1 Alolan Ninetales GX (secondary attacker / set-up / wall)
2-2 Alolan Sandslash (draw support)
2-2 Alolan Muk (ability lock)

Trainer: 30

4 Cynthia
3 Prof. Sycamore
3 N
3 Guzma

3 Ultra Ball
3 Evosoda
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher

3 Float Stone
2 Choice Band

3 Brooklet Hill

Energy: 10

6 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

--------------------------------------------

Straight-forward budget option for this rotation. Feels meme-ish, but runs surprisingly well.
Brooklet Hill is essential to fetch every pre-evo (minus Grimer), working in tandem with Alolan Vulpix's Beacon (which nets you evolutions as well).
After that, you should have at least one Marowak swinging for 120 dmg, as well as either Muk barring abilities or Sandslash drawing stuff.
By then, you should be able to tell which version of Ninetales you need: normal for blocking GX or your own GX to take beefy knockouts and/or prey on benched basics. Either way, both serve as walls, as long as Icy Path GX is available.

Every pre-evo in this deck has at least two different versions, make sure you get the right ones. While Vulpix is obvious, I like 60hp Cubone for quick Zorua knock-outs, Defense Curl Sandshrew and Psychic Grimer.

Still not a definite list, as there are certain cards worthy of consideration, such as:

- Alolan Raticate for fun zero-energy OHKOs on Dawn Wings Necrozma (w/ Choice Band)
- Special Charge to make sure you don't run out of steam against control decks
- Energy Lotto because streamlining DCEs is vital to the deck's success
- Aqua Patch to accelerate Alolan Ninetales (any version), working in tandem with Alolan Ninetales GX and any anecdotal discarding
- other stuff not accounted for

Of course, critics, suggestions and comments are always appreciated.

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I would drop to a 2-2 A Marowak line and go in with more Ninetales GX or just max out Marowak at 4-4. Then again, space doesn't necessarily give you very much flexibility.

For what it is, I do like this concept. I might test this out for myself.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I was just thinking about a deck like this. I would drop the Marowak line down one for another Ninetales (your pick) and Vulpix but that is just me.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
I would drop to a 2-2 A Marowak line and go in with more Ninetales GX or just max out Marowak at 4-4. Then again, space doesn't necessarily give you very much flexibility.

For what it is, I do like this concept. I might test this out for myself.

I was just thinking about a deck like this. I would drop the Marowak line down one for another Ninetales (your pick) and Vulpix but that is just me.

Thank you for the input, guys.

Would you mind elaborating on why the 1-1 drop on Marowak? Allow me to reinforce its importance to the deck, as a counterpoint:

- it is essentially the reason for the entire deck being Alolan. Relying more on Ninetales would make it so that it'd just be better/more efficient to build a Ninetales GX variant, kinda how Naganadel beast box uses Buzzwole GX as a resource/alternative instead of being a deck for it (also a good time to say that the deck is budget not because it doesn't run Lele [or Zoroark GX], but because it doesn't need to run it).

- it is a better/more cost-efficient attacker. Essentially Zoroark GX with a better offensive typing. Hits naturally harder than baby Tales and much faster than big Tales (used mostly for 190hp knock-outs and access to a GX attack without breaking Wak's plan).

Those two points sum up Wak's place. A 4-4 line doesn't feel necessary to me and making room for it would be hard, though. Speaking of which, the more I think about the deck, the less I find to cut for other experiments.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Thank you for the input, guys.

Would you mind elaborating on why the 1-1 drop on Marowak? Allow me to reinforce its importance to the deck, as a counterpoint:

- it is essentially the reason for the entire deck being Alolan. Relying more on Ninetales would make it so that it'd just be better/more efficient to build a Ninetales GX variant, kinda how Naganadel beast box uses Buzzwole GX as a resource/alternative instead of being a deck for it (also a good time to say that the deck is budget not because it doesn't run Lele [or Zoroark GX], but because it doesn't need to run it).

- it is a better/more cost-efficient attacker. Essentially Zoroark GX with a better offensive typing. Hits naturally harder than baby Tales and much faster than big Tales (used mostly for 190hp knock-outs and access to a GX attack without breaking Wak's plan).

Those two points sum up Wak's place. A 4-4 line doesn't feel necessary to me and making room for it would be hard, though. Speaking of which, the more I think about the deck, the less I find to cut for other experiments.
Making room for the extra 1-1 Marowak is certainly possible. You can drop something, probably an Alolan Vulpix. Maxing out Marowak is important, since it is your main attacker. Although, dropping to a 2-2 Marowak in favor of more Ninetales, like you said, defeats the purpose. 2 Field Blower isn't necessary, since you don't care about your opponents' Choice Bands and Garb isn't much of a bother.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Making room for the extra 1-1 Marowak is certainly possible. You can drop something, probably an Alolan Vulpix. Maxing out Marowak is important, since it is your main attacker. Although, dropping to a 2-2 Marowak in favor of more Ninetales, like you said, defeats the purpose. 2 Field Blower isn't necessary, since you don't care about your opponents' Choice Bands and Garb isn't much of a bother.

Alolan Vulpix is the ideal starter, especially going second (going first, I might prefer Cubone, depending on initial setup), adds up naturally to Wak Attack (love saying that) and evens out the number of Tales evolutions (not willing to cut Tales right now).

I also thought 2 Field Blower were too much...until I ran into Attacking Hoopa. Those FFBs (and the tool in general) really swing that match-up heavily out of favor. Garbodor is a bit annoying, though. Shutting down draw power is a buzz-killer, but yes, not like a huge loss. And it's always good to remove Float Stones. Maybe dropping down to 1 should suffice, especially after rotation. Another possible adjustment could be in Evosoda, but 3 helps a lot with consistency. So, there you have it.