Help Looking for a Silvaly GX List

I love Silvally, and ran various decks with it throughout all of last format, to a fair amount of success (better than I've done with any other deck, at least).

However I think that Silvally is in a really bad place with all the support Buzzwole received from Forbidden Light. I'm giving up on it for a while.

I've been a Silvally nut forever, VG and TCG. I agree that it's currently hard with Buzzwole, but not undoable. It's also looking decent for it that Necrozma-GX (Not Ultra) is doing so well in tournaments, since you can utilize Psychic Memory for it.

I've been trying it out with pretty much any big Basic. Here are a couple I've experimented with:
  • Tapu Bulu: This is one that saw a bit of niche success some months back. Paired with Zoroark as well, you can draw well, reattach energy, and keep hitting.
  • Lapras: A variant on "Waterbox", and a replacement for Manaphy EX when it rotates in a few months. Volcanion Prism makes this even better. Lapras hits really good numbers at the moment, and Fire Memory is good for the occasional Golisopod which would normally hurt.
  • Ho-oh: A variant of Ho-oh + Kiawe, heavily utilizing Dawn Wings for hopping in and Silvally to retreat back to a set up Ho-oh. It also appreciates the Memories Silvally provides, targeting all the Psychic-weak things, and Fighting to counter the rare Electric that can prey on Ho-oh. One of the more successful experiments I've done.
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma: A "Psychic Box" attempt. It might be better now because I don't see Zoro as much; two months ago when I last tried it, Zoro was more popular.
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma: The famous "Silvally Metals" archetype. Still can work, but I found it difficult to set up both a Silvally and a Dusk Mane and really threaten the opponent. Maybe it was my playing, but this can still be successful.
  • Zygarde GX: My latest experiment, I haven't gotten it to quite work yet. I keep going back and forth on Zoro support or not, or some other draw support like Octillery or Oranguru + Scorched Earth.
Those are some ideas I've been playing with. I highly recommend experimenting with Silvally + Ho-oh personally. It's super fast and mean, and with Fighting Fury Belt on Ho-oh you become problematic to KO, while hitting the 190 sweet spot. Choice Band is good as well, in addition to Steam Up and Turtles support.

Interesting... I've seen the most success with Psychic and Metal builds, with moderate success from Lapras. I could never get things to flow right in my attempts to use Ho-Oh. So, roughly exactly the opposite of your experience.

Fwiw, I wrote an article for FlipsideGaming over the Metal version: https://www.flipsidegaming.com/blogs/pokemon-blog/stealing-games-with-steel-mountain
That's a great article! I think it summarizes well! I think I'll tweak my metal version to reflect yours more.

The Ho-oh basically plays like a normal Ho-oh Kiawe the first few turns, where your only goal is to get that Turn One Kiawe online. If you can drop a Null early, you're golden so that when you're ready with a Ho-oh having attacked on turn 2 and needing to reset, you should have the Silvally out and ready to go. That lets you either get Dawn Wings up to do its thing and swing with Ho-oh again, or plop a DCE on something and either stall with Turtonator Shell Trap, or make your third attachment on Silvally and swing with it instead. It's neat being able to essentially ignore your opponent on turn 1 and 2, and nuke them turn 2 or 3 being able to safely retreat without fearing something Field Blower-ing your Float Stone off Dawn Wings.

http://www.Google.net/en/expert-blog/user/55/article/1187

In the free section is a deck from the BKT->ULP era, and it is very strong. Trust me.

The best way to play it is hard Silvally early, powering up a benched DM Necro. Its very good. The Zoroarks provide better draw support, and another attacker too.

Back