• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metagross-GX Deck

Srmb

Physics, that's what pokemon is all about!
Dear All,
I want to ask you for some advice on this deck. Made it a time ago and changed it a bit lately.

Here’s the list:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck-overzicht ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 4 Beldum GRI 83
* 3 Metang GRI 84
* 4 Metagross-GX GRI 139
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##trainercards - 35

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 N NVI 101
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Max Potion BKP 103

##Energy - 10

* 6 Metal Energy 8
* 4 Psychic Energy 5

Total cards - 60

****** Deck generated from Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I find myself beaconning most of the time. OHKO’s are a problem but necrozma can get some help.

All advices are welcome!

And what do you know about metagross in expanded? Is there a good list on it?

I would like to hear from you, what could be improved or changed?

Srmb

Float Stone is unnecessary in this deck because this is the rare occasion that paying a hefty retreat cost with Metagross is a good thing, since Geotech System can reattach the lost energies.

Another thing to consider is switching regular Necrozma to Dusk Mane Necrozma because the latter hits a lot harder with a key number of 220, more than enough to take out Zoroark, Ultra Necrozma, and Buzzwole, 3 of the best GXs in the format.

Float Stone is unnecessary in this deck because this is the rare occasion that paying a hefty retreat cost with Metagross is a good thing, since Geotech System can reattach the lost energies.

Another thing to consider is switching regular Necrozma to Dusk Mane Necrozma because the latter hits a lot harder with a key number of 220, more than enough to take out Zoroark, Ultra Necrozma, and Buzzwole, 3 of the best GXs in the format.

That's a good idea tho, maybe playing some fighting fury belt too.

You totally need some Cynthia in here now. I'd consider changing the supporter count to 3 Sycamore - 3 Cynthia - 1-2 N, and dropping a Skyla if you go for the two N. For Expanded, I'd also consider finding room for VS Seeker (duh), Battle Compressor (for energies and Vs seeker fueling), and maybe even a Colress (since your bench should be pretty full most of the time). Also, splitting into a 2 Lysandre 1 Guzma count would also be pretty good in expanded.

ok, thx you very much. Couldn’t find that much for expanded

Back