Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gg everyone! Ya'll totally deserved the win! Sucks I was out so early, but the game was fun to watch!

##NOMINATIONS

New player 1: Yog
New player 2: TE
New Player 3: Acetrainer_samwise
Veteran: Robin Aisaga

##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1: Yog ( might of had the most influence on the game out of anyone)
New Player 2: Mirdo
New Player 3: Prof Jplap
Veteran: Scattered Mind

Guess it’s my turn to start voting
##NOMINATIONS
New player 1: Tapu Lele
New player 2: Yog
New player 3: (ack this one was tough) Megapod
Veteran player: Robin Aisaga

##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1: TE - For starting the sim lynch, the Yog kill, the superactivity level and the effort to scumhunt.
New Player 2: Yog- For playing scum so smart and with great effort to play the game and to appear town.
New Player 3: Tapu Lele- For superactivity level and great effort to scumhunt.
Veteran: Luis - For surviving till the end and making such great and admirable efforts to win even when it seemed so desperately lost. Ans great activity and contribution to the scumhunt.

And of course, Robin, (if there was a second spot for vets) for that great play as scum, fooling the town to the very last minute, including those who were in the dead chat.

Also, I am not interested in the TCG prizes.

##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1: TOTAL_EPICNESS
New Player 2: Dusk Form Lycanroc
New Player 3: Mirdo

##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1: Triplemo - almost changed the outcome of this game with just one post, play of the game

##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1:
Tapu Lele - one of the reasons I considered you a threat was because instead of just looking at the current situation, you also looked back. I remember some of your posts where you wanted to know the details of what happened. That is a very good habit. Also most of your reads were pretty accurate.
New Player 2: Yog - you had a lot of influence here, besides your work in this thread, I also like your work in the quick topics. You and Drac continued your support in the dead chat, it was helpful even if it was just to reveal that the Soul Dew was not to be trusted.
New Player 3: Megapod - just an active town player with posts that overall contain logical reads. Careful not to jump to conclusions but does realize when someone can be considered townish or not. I think it was a clever move to use your trapper ability on TE to find out if he was the cop. The scum team also considered that possibility.
Veteran: Luis - well, from my personal experience you were a real nuisance. You weren't easy to get rid of either, both me and Yog tried to put suspicion on you and failed. I guess in the end your only real mistake was your decision to trust me.

RIP. I thought I could trust you, Robin! GG scum!

That's usually not a good idea... You can trust me when I say that I'm in fact not a feline species

or am I? :3

Oh I should give reasons too. FOS on me.

##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1:
TOTAL_EPICNESS
New Player 2: Dusk Form Lycanroc
New Player 3: Mirdo

TE for the crux kill on me first and foremost. Had I survived there I do think I die sooner over later, but Mafia team has a much easier path to the end. At the time, I thought you were looking in the Mimiyuku convo and picked up on DFL = Aipom meaning I must be scum, but seeing you not pick up on that but still make the right call is both less and more impressive :p But just in general a well-rounded eager player willing to challenge the status quo and keeping the game alive.

DFL the player who of the most obviously new to Mafia, seemed to do the best. Might be a bit backward logic on my part, but a lot of the others like TE/Mirdo/Lele came across as pretty veteran even if they weren't. Meanwhile you on Day 1 were another Goomy, probably doomed to fail rapidly. But you could see as the game went on you were actively learning the game and improving. You might well be the only player who went and read the rules and old games beforehand. I'm a sucker for a player who is putting in the effort. Outside of the early days the only real slip-up I saw was you leaving your name over in the private chat. But when vets were doing the same thing here in public that's not too bad. My only tip I guess is don't trust anyone ever unless host-confirmed as town. And even then be wary.

Mirdo is someone who's style of play is needed, and a way I tend to play occasionally. Them raw stats had me pegged as vocal mafia um, but no-one was picking up what you were laying down. I could read from that chart (and combined with vote patterns) that Robin was likely scum too, and how Pika probably was, and that our other still alive scum were certainly dodgy. I started pushing your name in maf-chat and in public almost immediately because it scared me to leave you alive. o_O My only wish is that there was more of it, more activity and posting from yourself. I think too, it was at the point were you claimed your role that started an avalanche of what might well have won it for town, your spotlights were what could have cracked this if people paid more attention. I was very carefully trying to make sure town drew the wrong conclusions from them :v V. surprised to see you in the noob list and not with the vets.

I think the reasons for Robin should be obvious enough, the last-standing scumbuddy and a communicative leadership role behind the scenes too. Steered town wrong often without getting spotted doing it. I crunched some numbers when I got cut and I didn't see how on earth we could win without Robin dying so we could buy a day, but that would leave Pika needing to be the one that outlived all. But Robin found a way where I might have given up. GG Robin.

I do wish I could nominate extra people. There were some very impressive and dangerous vets here - Morda & QP the standouts for me, and priority boots I wanted to do at various times. SM / Simsands / Blakers, keeping the game thriving, and of course GM Drac & Simsands from my own side. But Robin has to pip them all for that performance.
Honorable mentions for noobs too - the pair of sub-ins of Lele & Mariano were particularly impressive, it's not easy picking up the slack of someone else's role. Samwise & AP too, while maybe not astounding tactically, keeping the game rolling and fun is a big part of why bother to play in the first place. Goomy <3 for the same reasons.

##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1: Total Epicness - Your brought good cases and were very persistence. If I wasn't scum, I would have totally like your style.
New Player 2: Tapu Lele - Although joining late and having various wrong assumption you are heavyly involve in the game
New Player 3: Yog - Very active "Townie". Glad your cover didn't got blown so early. Hope you stay in the game
Veteran: Robin You played well and manage to fool the town

It was a great game! (RIP my lynch!)
##NOMINATIONS
New Player #1: Yog
New Player #2: TE
New Player #3: DFL
Veteran: Robin

I'll opt out of prizes. I don't need to win back any of what I donated, especially since I don't play PTCGO.

~~NOMINATIONS~~
Noob #1: Tapu Lele
Noob #2: Yog
Noob #3: TOTAL_EPICNESS

##NOMINATIONS
New Player #1: Lele
New Player #2: Yog
New Player #3: Dusk? (IDK)
Veteran: Scattered

Last edited:
Prizes, Part 2
A reminder that this is our prize pool:

Player Participation Prize: x5 random booster packs
Player MVPs Prize Pool (4): Zoroark-GX FA Promo, x3 Dragon Vault, x6 Shining Legends, HGSS Bundle: (Plusle, Minun, Raikou, Suicune Promos), Plasma Bundle: (x3 Plasma Freeze, Heatran-EX)
Host's MVPs: x5 boosters of your choice
Raffle (1): x15 random boosters
Note that the Host's MVPs and the Raffle prizes will be given to players who did not win the Player's MVPs prizes by the vote.

Thankyou to everyone for casting your votes! I've tallied them up, which means that our player's choice MVPs are:

Congratulations! We are also handing out two host's MVP prizes. These were chosen by the hosts and the advisers collectively, and they go to:

@Luispipe8, for thinking through all the options, being a constant voice of logic and not tunneling into a bias.
@Dusk Form Lycanroc, for trying his best to contribute his thoughts, asking the questions, and thinking logically throughout the game.

Great work to the both of you! That leaves just one more prize to be received, the raffle! That goes too...

How do we get prizes again?

To receive your prizes, send me your PTCGO username via PM so that I can add you on there. If you have already done this but haven't been added yet, let me know! Alternatively, you could add me: my PTCGO username is also bbninjas. I will not be chasing up people who do not provide me their PTCGO username. ;P

I will then make a private trade offer with you, swapping your prize packs with something of negligible value that you have marked for trade. I will PM you when I send you a trade offer, but expect about a 48-hour wait tops pending my availability.

If you received an MVP prize, I will PM you to let you know exactly what prizes you can choose from. For the nominated MVPs, the order of selection is as per the order in the spoiler above (i.e. Yog will get to choose first, then T_E, then Tapu, then Robin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back