TCG Fakes Faking Resources and Help - How to Make Your Own Pokemon Cards!

MrOptimistic

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all I have a question again!
I'm just wondering what font is used for the description of pokemon on the new sun and moon cards.
And is there a guide like the Cobalion XY font guide for sun and moon?

Yog

Rogue
Cheers @Jabberwock , yes unfort, my cards are always current era, or at least only as far back as I've been playing, which is xy :p

Thanks for the info.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Cheers @Jabberwock , yes unfort, my cards are always current era, or at least only as far back as I've been playing, which is xy :p

Thanks for the info.
Aww, but older eras are a lot of fun! I'd be happy to help you out if there's anything you need. Blanks and font guides and whatnot should be fairly easy to find in the OP of this thread. ^.^

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hey all I have a question again!
I'm just wondering what font is used for the description of pokemon on the new sun and moon cards.
And is there a guide like the Cobalion XY font guide for sun and moon?
We actually aren't too sure on the exact font for the PokeDex entry description for the SM-era! Most fakers will use an oblique Lao UI font or a Gill Sans font, as they're the closest.

MrOptimistic

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not really sure where to post this, as I've olny got about 8 completed, but I just finished my first evolution line and it took me about an hour, went kind of quick too so there is probably some small errors. But I just want to know if this is any good, and what it is missing. :) Thanks a bunch all. (also if there is a proper place for this post, let me know, sorry)
Also I am really shabby on Fonts at the moment, but I did install the big font pack on the resource page. Any help would be great if I've missed any.

vZbkdyr.png
Aokxb2G.png
cmDQ4Nu.png

Yog

Rogue
You can just start yourself a library-style thread in this sub-forum @MrOptimistic , and use that to display all of your own works.

These are pretty good anyway. I like how they are not OP (which is a trap most first-time designers fall into). The errors that jump out at me include the attack cost being out of order on Monferno - it should be [R][C] rather than [C][R]. Mixed costs are always listed in the order card types are in a set, so G, W, R, L, F, P, D, Y, N, C. Secondly the font on monferno is shrunk when it doesn't have to be. Plenty of room there to move the attacks up a little closer to the image part and then you'd have room for the same size as the others. Also, all three are Basics according to these, instead of Stage 1, Stage 2 evolves from previous. And missing illustrator credit & Pokémon copyrights.

Pretty solid start though.

Have you considered entering into the monthly comp where people better than me will give you better feedback? Also good for just keeping you motivated if you're lazy like me lol. It's stickied inside this forum, here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/creative-works.278/?prefix_id=93

MrOptimistic

Aspiring Trainer

Hey thank you for the reply.
Firstly, I can't believe I used the same basic blank on all three, I'll change that right now haha!
I didn't know the energy costs actually went in an order, so thanks for letting me know.
I'll change up everything I can that you mentioned, really appreciate the feedback so fast :)
And I didn't know there were competitions on here! I'll definitely have to check that out too.

Many thanks.

Yog

Rogue
No worries at all, I look forward to seeing your thread.

Also I'm not entirely sure if I have that order thing exactly right, someone else might come in and correct it if I'm off.

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
Hello i was wondering if any of the image card fakers out there would like to team up with me making some cards if so just PM me.
Edit: By the way i am a Text Faker

Last edited:

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
In that case, have you ever thought of making your own image-based fakes? There's a handy, dandy guide in the Creative Works section to get you started! GIMP, a free software, can also make image-based fakes quite well, if you don't have access to Photoshop!
Well i can't do that at least not now i would have to have my mom take me to McDonald's or the Library for that (To download it that is)

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Glossy vector type symbols if anyone wants to use them. (I colorized them based on their VG colors, but feel free to change them.) I figured someone might like them for custom templates or Special Energy cards, but feel free to use them for other Pokémon-related projects. No credit required!

Click the pic to visit the Deviation page and download.

EDIT: Changed the Flying-Type symbol.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Well i can't do that at least not now i would have to have my mom take me to McDonald's or the Library for that (To download it that is)
I know that some people have gotten away with using apps on tablets or smartphones, and although it's not ideal, it could be a decent temporary solution until you can get GIMP downloaded. ^.^

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
The Evolution Icons are taking longer than I originally planned. However, I'm gonna carry on doing all of them until I get every single last one. And massive credit goes to PaulSnoops of Deviantart for both Abra and Kadabra whom I had to slightly edit. Still in the middle of Hoenn, which is a pain in the backside to do.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I messed them up big style, so I'll start again from scratch.

Last edited: