• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard (Future) Light Dragon (Ultra Necrozma/Malamar)

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Pokemon: 15
3x Ultra Necrozma GX FBL
3x Inkay FBL
3x Malamar FBL
2x Tapu Lele GX GRI
1x Lunala {*} ULP
2x Dawn Wings Necrozma GX ULP
1x Mew FCO

Trainers: 32
4x Mystery Treasure
3x Ultra Ball
3x Cynthia
3x N
3x Sycamore
2x Parallel City
3x Guzma
2x Choice Band
3x Field Blower
1x Brigette
3x Float Stone
1x Super Rod
1x Beast Ring

Energy: 13
4x Metal
8x Psychic
1x Beast Energy {*}

Last edited:
Hi jessalakasam,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

Pokémon:
- 1 Tapu Lele GX (two are sufficient most of the time)
- 2 Zoroark GX (great card but takes up needed bench space)
- 2 Zorua (see above)

+ 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX (free retreat for the entire team)
+ 1 Mew (nice to mimic Ultra Necrozma GX)

Trainer:
- 2 Evo Soda (four Mystery Treasure and four Ultra Ball suffice)
- 1 Pal Pad (not needed that much)

+ 1 Professor's Letter (search out needed energy to attach or discard)
+ 2 Brigette (the deck loves to get Malamar out fast)

Energy:
+ 1 Beast Energy (allows Ultra Necrozma GX and Dawn Wing Necrozma GX to hit harder)
+ 2 Psychic Energy (the deck wants to discard Basic Psychic Energy in the first two to three turns and simultaneously set up Malamar)

You could consider to switch one of the three Ultra Necrozma GX for Necrozma GX. Hope this provides some initial assistance.

I'd include a Beast Ring or two because it's the perfect way to get metal energy back in play after losing your initial ultra necro. I think a super rod could also be good here since running a low count of metal makes one being prized a problem in how the deck flows, and it also lets you recycle pokemon in case you get put in one of those situations where you've got 2 malamar and a sycamore in your hand t1 and no access to another supporter. Mystery Treasure/ultra will make those situations rare fortunately.

Definitely keep the ultra necrozma count at 3 for consistency's sake I initially considered a normal Necrozma-GX but you really don't need it since you hit Zoroark for OHKO with a choice band and 2 psychic and anything else with 3 psychic, so absolute priority needs to be placed on getting 2 Malamar benched. I'd go up to 2 DW just to avoid it being prized.

Drop the FFB, it only really puts in work against buzzwole and this deck should have no issue out trading with it unless they have Garbodor. Garbodor is the biggest problem for this deck so I recommend turning that card into a third field blower.

A baby Necrozma-DM, which comes with the set, can be included as a way to deal with Gardevoir, which is your one distinctly negative matchup, It attacks for MMC, which would be an issue if not for the fact that you can target it with Beast Ring to bring those onto it after losing your first Necrozma.

I'd include a Beast Ring or two because it's the perfect way to get metal energy back in play after losing your initial ultra necro. I think a super rod could also be good here since running a low count of metal makes one being prized a problem in how the deck flows, and it also lets you recycle pokemon in case you get put in one of those situations where you've got 2 malamar and a sycamore in your hand t1 and no access to another supporter. Mystery Treasure/ultra will make those situations rare fortunately.

A baby Necrozma-DM, which comes with the set, can be included as a way to deal with Gardevoir, which is your one distinctly negative matchup, It attacks for MMC, which would be an issue if not for the fact that you can target it with Beast Ring to bring those onto it after losing your first Necrozma.

Not entire sold on these two points. Beast Ring is excellent but can only be used when your opponent has four or three prize cards left. a single copy of Beast Ring is too inconsistent and does not retrieve Basic Metal from the discard. Beast Ring attaches from the deck. I would use Professor's Letter instead to search out the Basic Metal Energy for Ultra Necrozma GX and Mew.

Not sold on Dusk Mane Necrozma in this deck due to the slow Basic Metal Energy count. I would rather use Rescue Stretcher to retrieve Mew and attack with him.

Based on the current list consider these modifications:

- 1 Dusk Mane Necrozma (see above)

- 1 Ultra Ball (three are sufficent in this deck)
- 1 Beast Ring (see above)

+ 1 Float Stone (free retreat with Dawn Wings Necrozma GX / Altar of the Moone would be another alternative)
+ 1 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
+ 1 Professor's Letter (search)

I would also consider to remove Parallel City in favor of one Super Rod.

- 1 Parallel City (great but not needed that bad in this deck)
+ 1 Super Rod (retrieve Pokémon and Basic Metal alike)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Well, but does the deck really need 2 Brigette? 4 Mysterious Treasure and 4 Ultra Ball is a lot, so 2 T1 Inlay looks pretty easy without any Brigette. So I think 1 would suffice, plus, you have 4 extra outs to Lele, so whiffing T1 Brigette means you either are already in a badly losing position or you already have a way to have 2-3 Inkay by the end of the first turn. And why 3 Choice Band? I'm just curious behind your reasoning. If you have 2 Malamar and your manual Energy attachment or 3 Malamar, you hit for 260. Even with only 2 Energy being discarded, you hit for 180, so if you really need a Band, you still have the 2 for whenever you need to dig for them. I would be more concerned about retreating Dawn Wings TBH, since you only have the 1 Float Stone (not including Guzma). And, just spiralling here, but how would 4 Guzma function? If you really need the switch, then you can Invade, use Malamar's Ability, Guzma back into something, or just Guzma if you don't have Dawn Wings in play. Playing 4 would maximize odds, so I figured I'd just bring it up for reference.

Well, but does the deck really need 2 Brigette? 4 Mysterious Treasure and 4 Ultra Ball is a lot, so 2 T1 Inlay looks pretty easy without any Brigette. So I think 1 would suffice, plus, you have 4 extra outs to Lele, so whiffing T1 Brigette means you either are already in a badly losing position or you already have a way to have 2-3 Inkay by the end of the first turn. And why 3 Choice Band? I'm just curious behind your reasoning. If you have 2 Malamar and your manual Energy attachment or 3 Malamar, you hit for 260. Even with only 2 Energy being discarded, you hit for 180, so if you really need a Band, you still have the 2 for whenever you need to dig for them. I would be more concerned about retreating Dawn Wings TBH, since you only have the 1 Float Stone (not including Guzma). And, just spiralling here, but how would 4 Guzma function? If you really need the switch, then you can Invade, use Malamar's Ability, Guzma back into something, or just Guzma if you don't have Dawn Wings in play. Playing 4 would maximize odds, so I figured I'd just bring it up for reference.

Hi gumball51321,

Since the deck needs to have two Inkay out on the first turn the second Brigette is an extra insurrance card. It is much less consistent without the turn one Brigette but the odds to have it turn one are great with seven search items (four Mystery Treasure and three Ultra Ball) in addition to two Tapu Lele GX and two Brigette. The second Brigette also allows the deck to use Mystery Tresure to search out Malamar to increase the likelihood to jave two Malamar and some Basic Psychic Energy in the discard on the second turn. At that point the extra Nrigette will turn into a dead card but it can be easily discarded with Mystery Treasure and Ultra Ball so this should not be that much of an issue.

The three Choice Band are a nice addition. It allows Ultra Necrozma GX to hit 210 by discarding two Basic Psychic. This enables the deck to either devote one Malamar attachment or the manual attachment to another Pokémon. This assumes that the deck will have about two Malamar out most of the time.

The revised version of the deck seems to run two Float Stones but for some reason those are listed twice individually. I do like the Invasion Guzma combo a lot and it is in fact real usefull. Two Float Stone and three Guzma seem to cover the switch needs of this deck rather well.

Hi jessalakasam,

Nice deck. Consider to cut either Rescue Stretcher or Super Rod for one Professor's Letter. Searching out the correct energy or simply searching Basic Psychic Energy out to discard it with Ultra Ball or Mystery Treasure is good in this deck.

I would like to point out that there are 13 Energy and 15 Pokemon. You have it down as 14 each. And please drop another card for a 2nd Parallel or just don't play it. It's one of those cards that you either need high copies of it or else it ain't worth playing.
If you want to play 2 Parallel, I would drop a copy of Dawn Wings for it.
If you would rather cut the single copy, throw in a third Float Stone. I'm confident that the deck already should play 3+ Float Stone anyway.

I would like to point out that there are 13 Energy and 15 Pokemon. You have it down as 14 each. And please drop another card for a 2nd Parallel or just don't play it. It's one of those cards that you either need high copies of it or else it ain't worth playing.
If you want to play 2 Parallel, I would drop a copy of Dawn Wings for it.
If you would rather cut the single copy, throw in a third Float Stone. I'm confident that the deck already should play 3+ Float Stone anyway.
I want a second Parallel but DW Necro is way too important to cut. Do you think cutting 1 Brigette would be a good idea? Some lists don't even play Brigette due to all the ball-search cards.

I want a second Parallel but DW Necro is way too important to cut. Do you think cutting 1 Brigette would be a good idea? Some lists don't even play Brigette due to all the ball-search cards.
I wasn't sure whether or not you wanted to go down to 1 Brigette so I didn't suggest it. But yeah, cut a Brigette for a Parallel. And maybe cut a Band for Float Stone. Dawn Wings doesn't really function without it, and you do have Beast Energy which has the same effect as Band.

Honestly, Dawn Wings and Lunala are kinda useless in this deck. Me and my friend made this deck before the set came out so we had good practice. Dawn Wings has the same retreat cast as Malamar and you aren't going to have more then two Malamar on the bench so you can just get by with Float Stone and Guzma. Lunala is a bad Basic attacker and why use his attack to attach four or five energy's and end your turn when you only need three energy's to KO anything thast not stage 2.(and thats without Choice Band or Beast Boost) Shining Mew is way better then Lunala because it gets the energy you can't get, Steel and Beast Boost.(and it has free retreat) Also I recommend putting in a Celesteela-GX for Gardevoir decks and Professors letter so you have another way to get energy out of the deck.(speaking of, way the one beast ring)

Honestly, Dawn Wings and Lunala are kinda useless in this deck. Me and my friend made this deck before the set came out so we had good practice. Dawn Wings has the same retreat cast as Malamar and you aren't going to have more then two Malamar on the bench so you can just get by with Float Stone and Guzma. Lunala is a bad Basic attacker and why use his attack to attach four or five energy's and end your turn when you only need three energy's to KO anything thast not stage 2.(and thats without Choice Band or Beast Boost) Shining Mew is way better then Lunala because it gets the energy you can't get, Steel and Beast Boost.(and it has free retreat) Also I recommend putting in a Celesteela-GX for Gardevoir decks and Professors letter so you have another way to get energy out of the deck.(speaking of, way the one beast ring)
I don't want to have to use Guzma every turn to attack. Lunala can be excellent late-game (and won't get KO'd easily unlike Mew). Celesteela is interesting, however I don't think the Gardy match-up is that bad. You set-up quicker and are trading ohko for ohko.

I don't want to have to use Guzma every turn to attack. Lunala can be excellent late-game (and won't get KO'd easily unlike Mew). Celesteela is interesting, however I don't think the Gardy match-up is that bad. You set-up quicker and are trading ohko for ohko.
Not necessarily. Gardy is a giant threat that you need either 3 Psychic or 2 Psychic and Beast Energy + Choice Band to OHKO a Gardy. Diantha makes it way easier to set up and let's them stick Parallels easier.

Lunala Prism helps that matchup a bit, since the Gardy player would needs 5 Energy and a Band or 6 Energy to OHKO Ultra Necrozma, and with Gardy in play with 6 Energy, Lunala just needs a Choice Band to OHKO. Malamar can just attach more Energy onto the field for the extra damage if you whiff.

Dawn Wings is in the deck mainly for its Invasion ability to let it jump into the active after Ultra Necrozma attacks, recharge Ultra with Malamar, then retreat back in combination with Float Stone. RayEels did the same tactic with Keldeo EX.

Hi jessalakasam,

Nice deck. Cut the lone Beast Ring for a fourth Professor Sycamore. The deck needs the offensive draw and one Beast Ring is rather inconsistent due to the smaller window when it can be used effectively.

Hi jessalakasam,

Nice deck. Cut the lone Beast Ring for a fourth Professor Sycamore. The deck needs the offensive draw and one Beast Ring is rather inconsistent due to the smaller window when it can be used effectively.
From testing I actually like the Beast Ring.

why dont you put wobbuffet from generations in? he is really really good as a setup sitter. i mean all of your pokemon with abilityes are psychic (i also play oranguru in my list). he just sits there disrupting your oponent and you still have all of your abilityes. really annoying

Back