• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Talonflame, Golizopod.

Mhunter93

Aspiring Trainer
Help me improve this deck plz.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 1 Talonflame BREAK STS 21
* 2 Wimpod BUS 16
* 2 Golisopod GRI 9
* 1 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 2 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 3 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Heavy Ball BKT 140
* 2 Switch SUM 132
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Pal Pad FLF 92
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Multi Switch GRI 129
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Super Scoop Up BUS 124
* 1 Wicke BUS 127

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 6 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online

The main strategy is to quickly set up and rotate your attackers in order to deny prize cards.
-Taloflame is used for set up or to finish weak pokemon while drawing the cards we need, the free retreat is used to switch into other attackers. Taloflame break allows it to survive during the battle in order to mantain our free retreat.
-The main attackers are Golisopod (Regular) and Tauros. Golisopod is a sturdy heavy hitter while Tauros is used to rush your opponent and stop pokemon that can't 1hko it.
-Golisopod GX is needed when your opponent plays enhanced hammers or you are short on energy, it is sturdy but gives 2 prize cards.
-Tapu koko is needed if you don't start with talonflame (or talonflame is ko) as it allows for free retreat. The spread damage helps both Golisopods.
-Whimpod has free retreat on your first turn. Use it to rotate into tauros or tapu koko.
-2 Multi switch allow us to trade energies between attackers.
-2 Switch and escape rope allow us to trade attackers
-1 Super scoop up and acerola can be used as retreat and to deny prize cards.
-2 Guzma is a must.
-1 float stone is required if everything else fails.
-2 Choice bands to add damage
-1 Bodybuilding dumbbells to add hp to both Golisopods
-1 ffb to add hp and damage to tauros and tapu koko.
The rest of the trainers are for consistency, I didn’t play puzzle of time cause it is terrible if you don’t start with talonflame.
If you still have consistency issues you can trade tapu koko for tapu lele gx or tauros for drampa GX, I have tried both but I like the actual version of this deck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
This is a quite interesting deck, Mhunter, but unfortunately I can't tell what your main strategy is! Will you please type one up?
(It can be as simple as "set up with Talonflame, attack with Golisopod.")
(Or as complicated as some people make them.

Acetrainer_Samwise

Aspiring Trainer
I would ditch the switches and just add 2 more float stones. As Goomy mentioned it's hard to help you without your strategy...

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Lots of 1-of items that hurt consistency. My concern is what happens when you don't start with Talonflame? I feel like the deck would struggle. I think focusing on a thicker Golisopod-GX line and adding a 2-2 Octillery line would work better, as well as remain cost efficient. I recommend running 4 Guzma and at least another Acerola.