• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lysandre's Pyroar (Pyroar/Zoroark GX)

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
A fun little deck that uses the new Pyroar. Stops Tool's dead in their tracks. Pyroar Break is there for the extra HP so it isn't one shot by Golisopod and Zoroark GX.

4 Litleo (Evolution)
4 Pyroar (main focus of the deck)
2 Zorua (Evolution)
2 Zoroark GX (Draw support and secondary attacker)
2 Pyroar Break (extra HP and the attack isn't all that bad)
1 Tapu Koko Promo (bench damage)
1 Latios (Shining Legends) (bench damage and isn't weak to Buzzwole)
1 Oranguru (draw support but could switch this out for another attacker)

3 Evosoda
4 Lysandre Labs
1 Scorched Earth (-1)
3 Choice Band
2 Switch
0 Professor Kukui (-2)
1 N (-1)
2 Judge (+1)
3 Cynthia (+1)
0 Professor Sycamore (-1)
2 Super Rod
4 Puzzle of Time
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Guzma
2 Field Blower (+2)
1 Lusamine (+1)

8 Fire Energy
4 DCE

I did include a couple of Choice Band's just in case Lysandre's Labs get turned off. This isn't really meant to be competitive but shutting down a Float Stone or 3 is huge. Pyroar also can't be Guzma'd out by the opponent so no easy prizes from Buzzwole.

The more I think about it, Judge is the better card overall over N. N is good early on but after you KO a GX/EX, it becomes worse.

Last edited:

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
A fun little deck that uses the new Pyroar. Stops Tool's dead in their tracks. Pyroar Break is there for the extra HP so it isn't one shot by Golisopod and Zoroark GX.

4 Litleo
4 Pyroar
2 Zorua
2 Zoroark GX
2 Pyroar Break
1 Tapu Koko Promo
1 Latios (Shining Legends)
1 Oranguru

3 Evosoda
4 Lysandre's Labs
2 Scorched Earth
3 Choice Band
2 Switch
2 Professor Kukui
2 N
1 Judge
2 Cynthia
1 Professor Sycamore
2 Super Rod
4 Puzzle of Time
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Guzma

8 Fire Energy
4 DCE

I did include a couple of Choice Band's just in case Lysandre's Labs get turned off.
I think this is a pretty solid deck, although it could definitely suffer from Primal Clash Ninetales

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Primal Clash isn't Standard any more so I have no worries about that. Not going to lie I literally threw this bad boy together in about 10 minutes. If anyone is wondering, Latios is there for Buzzwole.

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
Primal Clash isn't Standard any more so I have no worries about that. Not going to lie I literally threw this bad boy together in about 10 minutes. If anyone is wondering, Latios is there for Buzzwole.
duh, :facepalms: i forgot about the formats :confused: yeah i was kind of wondering what that was for, i guess i know now :D

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Latios is a fun tech and with Buzzwole running around, that weakness is huge. Sure it doesn't have the free retreat that Tapu Koko has but it isn't weak to Fighting so yeah. I already know of a few changes I need to make. Can't believe I am missing Ultra Ball and Lusamine (get my Stadiums back). Probably going to take Kukui out since the numbers it causes isn't that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
Latios is a fun tech and with Buzzwole running around, that weakness is huge. Sure it doesn't have the free retreat that Tapu Koko has but it isn't weak to Fighting so yeah. I already know of a few changes I need to make. Can't believe I am missing Ultra Ball and Lusamine (get my Stadiums back). Probably going to take Kukui out since the numbers it causes isn't that big of a deal.
yeah thats a good idea, now that i look over it more thoroughly might i suggest taking out 1 Lysandre's labs or Guzma to add 1 Latios, i think that you don't need as many copy's of the stadiums since you added Lusamine.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Any ideas on how to improve the deck? Lele's are out of the picture since I want to try and make this a neat budget option.

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
I actually came up with a similar deck idea last night! :D
Great minds think alike lol. When I finish constructing it I'll post it

In my build I have a Lysandre Prism Star to put their good cards (i.e Supporters, GX Pokemon) into the Lost Zone, a few Bodybuilding Dumbbells to beef up Pyroar so he doesn't get one shot, a few Evosodas (which will be timer balls once rotation hits) to get Pyroars out faster and a copy of Mewtwo from Evolutions as a counter for Buzzwole and it's a decent one prize attacker.

I would recommend either Pokemon Fan Club or some Nest Balls to get your Bench set up, but other than that let me know how your deck goes!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Ranger, trust me, Id vouch for it, but this aint a budget option, you should use at least 1-2 Lele for getting this deck going fast, limit your opponents resources early

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I see your point but I think I could make it work. I am seriously considering going with a 3-3 Zoroark GX line and removing an Evosoda and the Oranguru to make space. As for Lysandre Prism Star, I wanted to add it but with only the only Fire Pokemon being Pyroar, I just didn't think it was worth it.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I see your point but I think I could make it work. I am seriously considering going with a 3-3 Zoroark GX line and removing an Evosoda and the Oranguru to make space. As for Lysandre Prism Star, I wanted to add it but with only the only Fire Pokemon being Pyroar, I just didn't think it was worth it.

Have you considered Resource Management Oranguru to keep all the good stuff qoute on qoute, in the deck?

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
As for Lysandre Prism Star, I wanted to add it but with only the only Fire Pokemon being Pyroar, I just didn't think it was worth it.

Yeah, now that I think about it I may remove it. It would be better in Ho-Oh/Kiawe or any other Fire heavy deck. Now what to replace it with o_O