Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Not possible.
Remember what Scattered mind said his ability did:

The double kill was on night 1, but it had to be at least on night 2 or later to work

Furthermore, it might be a bit hard for Mafia to scope out exactly what SM's ability did so fast, especially because he didn't use it night 1.

And if SM's description of the light ball is correct, he did not act night 2 either. @scattered mind, could you post the exact text of the light ball?

[ITEM] Light Ball
This is a Light Ball! As long as you hold this Item, any actions you make during the Night (excluding the nightkill and Item passing) will be anonymously published in the upcoming Night Update.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
That actually says a lot.
This may be right or wrong, let me know:

I was under the assumption that the player who receives the light ball has all of the actions they did during the night they received the item instantly published.
Instead, the actions that occur during the night after you receive it appear.

That explains why we got:
"Someone swaps their soul with another Pokemon" in the day 4 update from SM, who currently held the light ball
"Someone foresees the future." in the day 5 update from quaking, who currently held the light ball

Now something is missing. What happened to the person who shines Pokemon in the spotlight every night? Where is their status message?

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Are you even following or just skimming?
Yeah pretty much just skimming. Lul

Mostly I am suspicious of ##VOTE: Mirdo though. For all the postcount analysis it was used to paint targets where there ought not b
I mean. I tried to scumhunt using the data i have.. Sure. I might have pulled wrong conclusions from what I got (we don't know that for sure yet btw) but I pretty much got from the data what i could.
If SM flips town we can always see who jumped on my train :p.

And for the Focus Sash. I had that before you. Passed it to you. And that Item only works when you would get NK'd or Lynched. Also you don't have a day to live but only till you get voted again. So the effect doesn't fit.

But you saying that i don't pay attention... <3

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
If we go by this theory, the Name Killer might be a Town Vigilante.
But that'd make absolutely no sense; he'd be taking out teammates if so! ._. Talk about being anti-town, that'd make it its raw definition.

So I will buy his excuse that he just used what ever name he knew for this type of effect (because it's poison like, even though I never saw a role like this on PB Mafia)
FTR, I have never played with poison before. It sounds like pretty standard lingo here.
FWIW, back when I played a lot more, it /was/ a heavily used role mechanic >.<
Also, the Day Update itself stated he was /wounded/, not poisoned or intoxicated, so...

My assumption on reading the day post was that SM must have ended up with it.
Welp, I'm guessing whoever sent it to you, sent it to me afterwards. :p

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Heart Swap was originally yours Samwise, but you swapped with SM. So then he had Heart Swap and you got Di Nuovo. And then SM swapped with Sim, so Sim had Heart Swap and SM got New Dances.
Thats right...
I have a question... Is it possible that the Heart Swap ability could be originally given to a Mafia member? I don't see a reason to not beleive it, but if anyone is able to say otherwise, I'd like to hear it.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
I have a question... Is it possible that the Heart Swap ability could be originally given to a Mafia member? I don't see a reason to not beleive it, but if anyone is able to say otherwise, I'd like to hear it.
I'd like to believe it could go either way.

Heart swap has good utility to the Innocent team because it allows you to check the ability of one other member. It could also steal treacherous scummy abilities if they exist, disabling mafia members.

For mafia, a member is being put at a disadvantage because he does not start with an ability and cannot do scummy things from day 1. Moreso, they have to hunt down which person has a good ability before using it. I can see the need for mafia to coordinate and use this as their secret weapon, or steal an ability like Jlap's when it is publicly revealed to gain an edge.
However, it could also result in mafia members being stuck with an underpowered townie ability, especially an investigative one. It appears a bit risky to include on the mafia team.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Hey, I wonder. Does anyone else think that AP went kamikazee on the mafia team he just joined? Sorry if this has already been brought up
Lynching me may or may not prove anything. Besides, what if I told you that I... Nevermind. Just do it.
His attitude is kinda defeatist. It's like he got frustrated with his entire role and just ditched it all. He didn't even vote for Shaymin to protect himself...
If he went all out triplemo, he risked being banned not just from the game, but the whole site.

Also, he switched votes midway from Goomy to Pikachuuu for pretty shallow reasoning. This is all hypothetical, but I'm growing more suspicious of pika

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Sorry I keep posting, but I also must put it out there

No one proved AP's original role to be Tropius at the beginning. In fact, the flavor text of the role suggests that he had the role of Dhelmise, a Pokemon yet to be found in the game. It is likely that triplemo originally had the Tropius role
If we were to go along with the flavor text, Dhelmise "Possessed" Tropius, and this role became AP's.

According to SM's theory, simsands investigated AP and "found out" that he was mafia. Given simsand's ability described by SM, this wouldn't make any sense if AP had the same active abilities since the beginning of the game. How does copying his active berry passing ability say that he's on mafia?

However, if simsands were to copy AP's ability and find out that it was identical to triplemo's, it would be definitive evidence to indicate that AP was the one who switched sides. All the pieces fall into place.

@GM DracLord, If I were to stick by my theory, the berry you received on night 1 was from triplemo, not AP.

Also, about my earlier theory, did anyone else receive a berry? AP should have given one away on night 2 if he was a fully enthusiastic mafia member.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Well there goes that lead.

I saw that your locked ability was "Soul Sight" (indicative of an investigative ability), and that after night 3 there was a huge amount of spotlights shone on players during night 3, so I was curious to see if you had anything to do with it. I thought that this event must be caused by an item or locked ability, as normal abilities would not extend to 6 messages at once.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked

No one proved AP's original role to be Tropius at the beginning. In fact, the flavor text of the role suggests that he had the role of Dhelmise, a Pokemon yet to be found in the game. It is likely that triplemo originally had the Tropius role
If we were to go along with the flavor text, Dhelmise "Possessed" Tropius, and this role became AP's.

According to SM's theory, simsands investigated AP and "found out" that he was mafia. Given simsand's ability described by SM, this wouldn't make any sense if AP had the same active abilities since the beginning of the game. How does copying his active berry passing ability say that he's on mafia?

However, if simsands were to copy AP's ability and find out that it was identical to triplemo's, it would be definitive evidence to indicate that AP was the one who switched sides. All the pieces fall into place.

@GM DracLord, If I were to stick by my theory, the berry you received on night 1 was from triplemo, not AP.

Also, about my earlier theory, did anyone else receive a berry? AP should have given one away on night 2 if he was a fully enthusiastic mafia member.
Also, this explains why the Apicot berry was crossed out when we learned about AP's role, but bb was unable to explain why it was crossed out.
The role reveal is a copy-paste from the role he sends people. It would be a bit too helpful if bb told us exactly what berries were already used by the current player.
Rather, the berries that were left unstricken were the ones that AP was able to use when he got his new role.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Okay, here is my read on how that all played out.

Warning this is all very rambling I am just jotting down notes as I stream of consciousness work my way through, each thought does not necessarily work with each other
Scattered Mind votes Sim
TotalEpicness votes Sim
I vote QP (pressure vote as I wanted him to respond to something)
DFL votes Dashking
Mirdo posts to "stay on" SM
Tapu Lele is very active but not casting a vote
TLS is also around and not voting Sim
Prof_jplap votes Sim
Luis redirecting focus to inactive Gekki, not voting Sim even though he is "positive his flip would give us stuff to work with"
QP also around and not voting.
TLS & Luis both vote for Sim in rapid succession (scumthread deciding to bite the bullet & cut their losses?)
I drunken unvote
Mariano is officially subbed in
DFL changes vote to Sim
Samwise changes vote to Sim
DsahKing arrives and responds to days old question
Lele still posting a lot but not voting - questioning reasoning behind Sim vote
I sober vote Sim
Pikachuu votes Sim
Lele & Robin prodded to vote.
Luis unvotes to avoid hammertime.
GM Drac here but not voting
Mariano posting about how sussy TE is
SM pushes the hosts for extension (mafia push to get out of a hole?)
Lele talking about being willing to kill Sim but still no vote.
QP on again and still no vote.
Extension is granted
Mariano votes TE
TLS unvotes
Samwise changes to the TE train
QP immediate TE vote
Luis changes to TE
I unvote
GM votes TE
TE claims with Megapod's cross-check.
Robin posts to damn TE but no vote
SM also posting against TE but not jumping on with a vote
I vote Mariano
Lele around but not voting TE either.
I unvote (deadline is approaching and no bites on a Mariano vote)
Samwise unvotes TE and votes for Pika(?)
Mirdo checks in and unvotes SM but doesn't join either train
Lele finally votes.. Samwise(?) - (Pressure vote with hours to go..)
DFL votes Samwise
I join the Samwise train.
Samwise claims his ability and who he's swapped with.
I unvote
TE the one to bring Sim back up as an option.
Lele unvotes
I vote TE
SM & TE highlight the importance of taking out Sim & that ability
I vote Sim instead
Luis votes Sim
Dashking votes Sim
Robin votes Sim
DFL votes Sim
Mariano unvotes but does not vote, needs a count.
I unvote (I can be online and watch the thread)
Mariano votes Sim
QP unvotes
Samwise changes vote to Sim (does not answer question about why he was on a Pika vote at all)
I hammer the vote.

So lets look at people individually;

PROBABLY TOWN
scattered mind
- well apart from being target overnight look how his behaviour mirrors TE and look at who was doing the opposite to these two.
TOTAL_EPICNESS - active and eager to get a Sim lynch going more than once. He and SM cast their own votes and convince others in both Sim rushes.
Yog - well obviously I know I'm town, make your own minds up. I will say I was very willing to vote Sim both times he was pushed and quick to ensure we got some kind of lynch / force people into action and not allowing lurkers
Professor_jplap - we know he's town now. Behaviourally similar to Dashking, Pikachuu & Megapod_781, i.e. arriving very rarely but putting votes on Sim when necessary. I would have these three as vaguely town for this reason plus I don't have enough info for a better read.

NOT HERE ENOUGH
Gekki/Lord o da rings
- No fault of LotR, but Gekki has been bleeping away on the scumdar since Day 1.
The Last Shaymin - has claimed an ability to send messages but has yet to be confirmed by actually sending a message to anyone. Could easily be a scum ability and in-fact, seem like a useless ability for a townie to have? As mafia, could be used to spread misinformation. His one vote in the first rush came at a time where it looks like scum might have decided to cut their losses on losing Simsands.

MORE TOWN THAN NOT
Robin Aisaga
- has been ringing town all game but in this scramble alone, was not on the first train, posted against TE when that became a thing (without casting a vote of his own), but was later happy to pitch in on the second Sim rush. Could be cautious mafia.
Dusk Form Lycanroc - a lot quieter than in the early game. A Dashking vote early - at a time when scum might have wanted a different option to the first Sim vote. Does vote Sim after the point where it looks like mafia were cutting their losses. Takes no part in the TE train but does change to Samwise when that might have become a thing. Happy to get back on Simsands when needed.

A CATEGORY ALL TO HIMSELF
Tapu Lele
- was online a lot, like more than anyone. Did not at any point use that to vote for Sim but instead was putting doubt around the validity of it. But also does not join or encourage the TE train. When he finally votes it's a strangely timed pressure vote for Samwise. Samwise claims and Lele gets off. Says he was eventually about to join the Sim train but too late the vote had been hammered.

QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ASKED
Question about mirdo - does he do that stats thing every game? He could be doing it just to show how he is being regular normal townie mirdo. As helpful as it seemed at the time, what he used it for is suspicious. He put most focus on myself (ik I'm town) and SM (who looks very town now). Could be the strange NK pattern was happening especially so he could put blame on vocal & active townies.
His vote was to stay on SM when the Sim train was building. He came in later to unvote only, not put a vote anywhere useful, and promise to return. He did not.

Why did Acetrainer_samwise' claim confirm him as town? His ability of stealing abilities is similar to what scum-Sim had. Yet he was cleared for this reason. His actions & vote timing are very suss - he's not on the Sim vote, then he arrives to pile on TE. Then he votes Pikachuu when there is not much time left and no way that is going to be a thing. Then he avoids answering why he did that. Then he only votes for Sim when it's pretty much a locked lynch anyway, and only really when multiple people had started questioning his own actions.

VERY SUSPICIOUS ACTIONS
Mariano, GM Draclord, quakingpunch73, Luispipe8

Three out of four of these stay off the initial Sim train. Luis joins it late in the day when deadline is approaching. Once we get the extension, Mariano pushes a TE train and they all join it very immediately. After TE's claim they are slow to (or never) take their vote off.
Only once the severity of leaving a scum-Sim alive with that ability is pushed, does Luis join that rush. It is very late in the day and deadline imminent at this stage. Mariano gets inboard when it's pretty much a sure thing. GM does not reappear. QP unvotes but doesn't join.
Thanks! I have some clarifications about the questions:

Mirdo does the stats thing all the time. I've never seen it necessary, and I'm actually pretty sure I tried to have him lynched for it once, but I don't think it has any bearing on his alignment.

As for Samwise, that's... dumb. I do remember he was under fire during D1 for cracking under the pressure, but besides that I know nothing about how he plays. Why would that be a reason to clear him? Anyone else know any details relating to his clearing I'm unaware of?

quakingpunch73

At The Beach

Why do you think AP had Dhelmise and triplemo had Tropius, until triplemo's kamikaze instead of the other way around?

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Why do you think AP had Dhelmise and triplemo had Tropius, until triplemo's kamikaze instead of the other way around?
The fact that a line needed to be crossed out from AP's ability, suggesting that it was edited before he got it. Look at the other post I made.
Also, the flavor text
[QUOTE}You are Tropius, and you’re aligned with the Mischief Makers. Once the spirit of Dhelmise, you took possession of this weird banana-dragon thing part way through this crisis, aspiring to a more mischievous life. Now, you’re right sick and tired of all these good-for-nothing kids climbing all over you and eating your bananas. This isn't quite the new beginning that you had hoped for![/QUOTE]

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
The fact that a line needed to be crossed out from AP's ability, suggesting that it was edited before he got it. Look at the other post I made.
Also, the flavor text
[QUOTE}You are Tropius, and you’re aligned with the Mischief Makers. Once the spirit of Dhelmise, you took possession of this weird banana-dragon thing part way through this crisis, aspiring to a more mischievous life. Now, you’re right sick and tired of all these good-for-nothing kids climbing all over you and eating your bananas. This isn't quite the new beginning that you had hoped for!
There really isn't anything that implies it's one way over the other though. I'm thinking it's a scumslip, since only scum would know what role triplemo started with. ##Vote: Tapu Lele

Status
Not open for further replies.