Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
##UNVOTE:

I guessed it was a common concept, I just wanted to see if you would forge an explanation :p

I'm going to be off until tomorrow morning, 7:00 AM EST.

Don't go powerlynching without me this time. I swear, it's like someone didn't want me to vote :mad: :mad: :mad:!!! qwsrtyujkl;796f673d6d61666961.

##UNVOTE:

I guessed it was a common concept, I just wanted to see if you would forge an explanation :p
Does this seem a bit...I dunno, backtracky to anyone? And do you mean forge as in falsifying?

I'm going to be off until tomorrow morning, 7:00 AM EST.

Don't go powerlynching without me this time. I swear, it's like someone didn't want me to vote :mad: :mad: :mad:!!! qwsrtyujkl;796f673d6d61666961.
I agree to no turbo lynch, but you did seem pretty involved...more so than me, anyways (College takes up a lot of my time). Are you trying to show retroactive support of the successful lynch or something?

Can I get some back-up from someone-not-Luis that poison is something that happens enough around here that to be the automatic conclusion is not crazy suspicious?

For me 'injured' could be a lot of things, and going straight to that specific wording smacks of inside knowledge.

Can I get some back-up from someone-not-Luis that poison is something that happens enough around here that to be the automatic conclusion is not crazy suspicious?

For me 'injured' could be a lot of things, and going straight to that specific wording smacks of inside knowledge.
If thinking about delayed death only poison that would come to my mind.

Poison usually belong to the witch's faction in standard mafia, but for beach, IIRC it can be of any alignment. If Poison is one of the Mafia's ability (not the standard NK), then maybe the standard NK was blocked (Could praise the doctor for this). If so, I doubt that Mafia would have 3 method of killing. If we go by this theory, the Name Killer might be a Town Vigilante.

If so, I doubt that Mafia would have 3 method of killing. If we go by this theory, the Name Killer might be a Town Vigilante.

That seems extremely unlikely if you look at who has been killed.
If thinking about delayed death only poison that would come to my mind.

There are several other HP chipping deaths in Pokémon: Burn, Leech Seed, Hail. Another explanation for delayed deaths are moves that don't deal damage right away like Doom Desire, Perish Song and Future Sight. (though scattered mind is already injured) So Luis saying SM has been poisoned is a definite red flag. I can't believe I missed that.

##VOTE: Luispipe

Sorry, it is a known concept, but besides that I don’t think it was poison. The flavor I got suggests that it was more like a knife:

You hear the sound of footsteps coming from behind you. You freeze. Pain. You’re not sure where it’s coming from. It slips. Black seeps in. “I’m sorry to say: your fight is over...”

...it least, it would be over if you hadn’t somehow managed to survive the attack! You have been wounded, and you will die at the end of Night 5 (you may still post and act until your death, as per normal).

(I'm not able to quote @Yog for some reason. I gotta admit. I was really suspecious then too. Good eye on that use of Luis and i will definitly keep that suspicion. But if we look at SM's post: (which i got to quote because sure why not)
Sorry, it is a known concept, but besides that I don’t think it was poison. The flavor I got suggests that it was more like a knife:
It doesn't really looks like it actually has been poison. So I will buy his excuse that he just used what ever name he knew for this type of effect (because it's poison like, even though I never saw a role like this on PB Mafia)

Tapu Lele asked me about the SM thing earlier in the day.And... I mean. What am I supposed to say? I didn't do it and it still could be that he is Scum and that that abilitiy is from a townie because apperently it's either a one shot, or has a reaaaallly long cooldown. But yeah.
We don't know by now. But the fact that SM is still trying to help does make me believe he is gonna flip town.

As for Scum's:
-Luis might be a good lynch. He has raised suspicions every now and then over the course of the game
-TE was close last day we might need to look into that again?
-SM is out of the question.

Else we don't have much yet.

Fair enough. ##UNVOTE

I should mention this item is in the game:

You have received an Item!
[ITEM] Focus Sash
This is a Focus Sash! If you would be killed or lynched while holding this Item, you will survive death. However, as soon as you are voted or acted on by another player in future, you will die instantly.

You must pass this Item to another player during the Night after you receive it.

I have since passed this on but I was sent it earlier in the running order. My assumption on reading the day post was that SM must have ended up with it. So for Luis to think otherwise, and then for (what looked like) SM confirming that was decidedly off.

FTR, I have never played with poison before. It sounds like pretty standard lingo here.

-TE was close last day we might need to look into that again?

What? No. Grief no.

That Simsands turned out to be scum practically (90%) indicates TE is a townie. Are you even following or just skimming? He was the one pushing a Simsands lynch early and often. He was also the alternate name pushed hard in order to try save the known scum. We need to look at the people that were hesitant to get on the Simsands train, and then once we got the 24 hour extension were all over the TE option.

From a Mafia point of view they were grudgingly allowing their scumbuddy (who was inactive) to be lynched, but then once they found another route, they were eager.

Okay, here is my read on how that all played out.

Warning this is all very rambling I am just jotting down notes as I stream of consciousness work my way through, each thought does not necessarily work with each other
Scattered Mind votes Sim
TotalEpicness votes Sim
I vote QP (pressure vote as I wanted him to respond to something)
DFL votes Dashking
Mirdo posts to "stay on" SM
Tapu Lele is very active but not casting a vote
TLS is also around and not voting Sim
Prof_jplap votes Sim
Luis redirecting focus to inactive Gekki, not voting Sim even though he is "positive his flip would give us stuff to work with"
QP also around and not voting.
TLS & Luis both vote for Sim in rapid succession (scumthread deciding to bite the bullet & cut their losses?)
I drunken unvote
Mariano is officially subbed in
DFL changes vote to Sim
Samwise changes vote to Sim
DsahKing arrives and responds to days old question
Lele still posting a lot but not voting - questioning reasoning behind Sim vote
I sober vote Sim
Pikachuu votes Sim
Lele & Robin prodded to vote.
Luis unvotes to avoid hammertime.
GM Drac here but not voting
Mariano posting about how sussy TE is
SM pushes the hosts for extension (mafia push to get out of a hole?)
Lele talking about being willing to kill Sim but still no vote.
QP on again and still no vote.
Extension is granted
Mariano votes TE
TLS unvotes
Samwise changes to the TE train
QP immediate TE vote
Luis changes to TE
I unvote
GM votes TE
TE claims with Megapod's cross-check.
Robin posts to damn TE but no vote
SM also posting against TE but not jumping on with a vote
I vote Mariano
Lele around but not voting TE either.
I unvote (deadline is approaching and no bites on a Mariano vote)
Samwise unvotes TE and votes for Pika(?)
Mirdo checks in and unvotes SM but doesn't join either train
Lele finally votes.. Samwise(?) - (Pressure vote with hours to go..)
DFL votes Samwise
I join the Samwise train.
Samwise claims his ability and who he's swapped with.
I unvote
TE the one to bring Sim back up as an option.
Lele unvotes
I vote TE
SM & TE highlight the importance of taking out Sim & that ability
I vote Sim instead
Luis votes Sim
Dashking votes Sim
Robin votes Sim
DFL votes Sim
Mariano unvotes but does not vote, needs a count.
I unvote (I can be online and watch the thread)
Mariano votes Sim
QP unvotes
Samwise changes vote to Sim (does not answer question about why he was on a Pika vote at all)
I hammer the vote.

So lets look at people individually;

PROBABLY TOWN
scattered mind - well apart from being target overnight look how his behaviour mirrors TE and look at who was doing the opposite to these two.
TOTAL_EPICNESS - active and eager to get a Sim lynch going more than once. He and SM cast their own votes and convince others in both Sim rushes.
Yog - well obviously I know I'm town, make your own minds up. I will say I was very willing to vote Sim both times he was pushed and quick to ensure we got some kind of lynch / force people into action and not allowing lurkers
Professor_jplap - we know he's town now. Behaviourally similar to Dashking, Pikachuu & Megapod_781, i.e. arriving very rarely but putting votes on Sim when necessary. I would have these three as vaguely town for this reason plus I don't have enough info for a better read.

NOT HERE ENOUGH
Gekki/Lord o da rings - No fault of LotR, but Gekki has been bleeping away on the scumdar since Day 1.
The Last Shaymin - has claimed an ability to send messages but has yet to be confirmed by actually sending a message to anyone. Could easily be a scum ability and in-fact, seem like a useless ability for a townie to have? As mafia, could be used to spread misinformation. His one vote in the first rush came at a time where it looks like scum might have decided to cut their losses on losing Simsands.

MORE TOWN THAN NOT
Robin Aisaga
- has been ringing town all game but in this scramble alone, was not on the first train, posted against TE when that became a thing (without casting a vote of his own), but was later happy to pitch in on the second Sim rush. Could be cautious mafia.
Dusk Form Lycanroc - a lot quieter than in the early game. A Dashking vote early - at a time when scum might have wanted a different option to the first Sim vote. Does vote Sim after the point where it looks like mafia were cutting their losses. Takes no part in the TE train but does change to Samwise when that might have become a thing. Happy to get back on Simsands when needed.

A CATEGORY ALL TO HIMSELF
Tapu Lele - was online a lot, like more than anyone. Did not at any point use that to vote for Sim but instead was putting doubt around the validity of it. But also does not join or encourage the TE train. When he finally votes it's a strangely timed pressure vote for Samwise. Samwise claims and Lele gets off. Says he was eventually about to join the Sim train but too late the vote had been hammered.

QUESTIONS NEED TO BE ASKED
Question about mirdo - does he do that stats thing every game? He could be doing it just to show how he is being regular normal townie mirdo. As helpful as it seemed at the time, what he used it for is suspicious. He put most focus on myself (ik I'm town) and SM (who looks very town now). Could be the strange NK pattern was happening especially so he could put blame on vocal & active townies.
His vote was to stay on SM when the Sim train was building. He came in later to unvote only, not put a vote anywhere useful, and promise to return. He did not.

Why did Acetrainer_samwise' claim confirm him as town? His ability of stealing abilities is similar to what scum-Sim had. Yet he was cleared for this reason. His actions & vote timing are very suss - he's not on the Sim vote, then he arrives to pile on TE. Then he votes Pikachuu when there is not much time left and no way that is going to be a thing. Then he avoids answering why he did that. Then he only votes for Sim when it's pretty much a locked lynch anyway, and only really when multiple people had started questioning his own actions.

VERY SUSPICIOUS ACTIONS
Mariano, GM Draclord, quakingpunch73, Luispipe8

Three out of four of these stay off the initial Sim train. Luis joins it late in the day when deadline is approaching. Once we get the extension, Mariano pushes a TE train and they all join it very immediately. After TE's claim they are slow to (or never) take their vote off.
Only once the severity of leaving a scum-Sim alive with that ability is pushed, does Luis join that rush. It is very late in the day and deadline imminent at this stage. Mariano gets inboard when it's pretty much a sure thing. GM does not reappear. QP unvotes but doesn't join.

Sorry for wall of text. @Lord o da rings there is your catch-up for yesterday^

My best guess right now is that mafia is 2-3 of that last grouping. Along with some better hidden strays. Some combo from TLS, LotR, Samwise, Lele.

Mostly I am suspicious of ##VOTE: Mirdo though. For all the postcount analysis it was used to paint targets where there ought not be. His post on this page reads like someone phoning it in and paying more attention to what is actually being said in the mafia PM chain than in here.

I agree to no turbo lynch, but you did seem pretty involved...more so than me, anyways (College takes up a lot of my time). Are you trying to show retroactive support of the successful lynch or something?

Actually, no. To be honest, I was about to vote SM because of suspicions I held, such as the Italian Ability name. But now seeing that he's been targeted possibly by a scummy ability, it really makes me believe that he must be innocent.
It's good that simsands was lynched, but I still do fear that there are more vocal mafia members who should be sought after.

My post I made was because I found it suspicious that a vote was hammered down right before the time I said I would vote on Thursday.

A CATEGORY ALL TO HIMSELF
Tapu Lele
- was online a lot, like more than anyone. Did not at any point use that to vote for Sim but instead was putting doubt around the validity of it. But also does not join or encourage the TE train. When he finally votes it's a strangely timed pressure vote for Samwise. Samwise claims and Lele gets off. Says he was eventually about to join the Sim train but too late the vote had been hammered.
Also, thanks, I'm honored ^^
I've been online too much reading this thread. It's my first time playing mafia strictly online, but it's dangerously addicting. Secretly I've been hoping someone would kill me so I'd have a reason to stop, so it's nice to net some suspicion under the radar.

In general, I don't like pinning blame on anyone in particular (rather than sm), as it usually will put me under suspicion or be used as evidence for some tangent later. I stand by what I've said in thread. I voted for sam, not because it was a good vote, but because I wanted him to explain himself after a bunch of shady dialogue. I voted for Luis because I wanted to hear an explanation - bonus points if it was something fake that could be indicative of scum. Once I got these I unvoted.

Yeah but Sim's original ability was this one:
OK, I feel like I have to say it, even though it will probably get me killed. I know sim's ability. I swapped mine with him:

Active Ability: New Dances
Even the best dancer isn’t afraid to learn new dance moves to keep up with the times! Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. You’ll spend all night learning their favorite moves–– and will gain a single-use version of each of one of their Active Abilities (if any, excluding Locked Abilities). But don’t let your moves go out of style! If you successfully copy a player’s Abilities in this way, you won’t be able to target them again with this Ability.

So sim used this ability last night, as we know from the update. Only way he is town is if he used it on AP during N1 when AP was town so he copied an ability that was really townie. I wanted to keep this for myself so scum won't kill me for having this ability now, but I think it's not fair for you guys to not know about this when we are going to lynch him.
Now help me out here and judge for yourself what is more probable.

Which is the same in essence as the Heart Swap one, except not permanent.

Active Ability: Heart Swap
Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. You will permanently swap this Ability with the Abilities of the player you chose (if any). (Certain Passive Abilities cannot be swapped.)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Heart Swap was originally yours Samwise, but you swapped with SM. So then he had Heart Swap and you got Di Nuovo. And then SM swapped with Sim, so Sim had Heart Swap and SM got New Dances.

Long story short, I think Samwise moved to people's safe lists because his first Heart Swap ability was "too powerful for Mafia". Yet here is Sim with something that is very similar, and compliments it - Sim could scope out potential abilities worth taking, then you could permanently take one. Is there any reason apart from the ability that people see Samwise as town-aligned? Because a whole lot of his actions in that run up were red flags for me.

Here's a thought. Sim copies Di Nuovo which allows for two kills to happen that time. New Dances can only copy once. Later in the game Samwise uses Heart Swap to take Di Nuovo permanently - and now we have another night happen where there were two kills.

I think you're over thinking it
@Yog

I was suspicious of sm, so I ability swapped to see if I could figure out his alignment, and if it helps I used my ability on mega pod last night.

Here's a thought. Sim copies Di Nuovo which allows for two kills to happen that time. New Dances can only copy once. Later in the game Samwise uses Heart Swap to take Di Nuovo permanently - and now we have another night happen where there were two kills.

Not possible.
Remember what Scattered mind said his ability did:
In many a performance, the performer is called upon to give an encore. You figure it shouldn’t be any different for everybody on the beach, since they’re each giving a performance in their own right––all the world’s a stage! Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. During the next Night Phase, that player will give an encore performance, being allowed to act twice in that Night. You can’t use this Ability on the same player twice in a row.

The double kill was on night 1, but it had to be at least on night 2 or later to work

Furthermore, it might be a bit hard for Mafia to scope out exactly what SM's ability did so fast, especially because he didn't use it night 1.

And if SM's description of the light ball is correct, he did not act night 2 either. @scattered mind, could you post the exact text of the light ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back