Discussion Promo Cards, Popularity and Prices

ArtyAnton

Aspiring Trainer
Since getting back into collecting Pokemon cards I have been unable to avoid coming across Promo cards, in particular Black Star Promo cards. I have now come to like them and started to collect them properly. However I was surprised to find out that they don't seem to be as popular as the regular cards and even go for cheaper when sold online.

My initial thought behind a promo card would be something that is rarer, extra special and desirable, yet that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm interested to know what people think about Promo cards, whether you like them or dislike them and why. Also thoughts on why they seems to go for cheaper than regular cards. If anyone has else to say or discuss about promo cards then by all means do.

Promo cards are cheaper because they are easier to get. instead of having to get lucky trying to pull a specific card out of random booster packs you can just go to the store and buy the box with the card in question and it usually comes with others things too like packs

Most promos are the opposite of rare

Promo cards are cheaper because they are easier to get. instead of having to get lucky trying to pull a specific card out of random booster packs you can just go to the store and buy the box with the card in question and it usually comes with others things too like packs

Most promos are the opposite of rare
Eh, it really depends on the type of promo and the availability of said promo. If it's a playable promo AND it's hard to find then it tends to boost the price. The promo Cynthia from Regionals currently goes for 18 bucks at the least and Team Plasma's Landorus currently goes for $25 (and IIRC it went for higher prices back when Team Plasma was legal in Standard).

Back