News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

They really needed to adjust for the power creep better than they did... honestly, these repints we have been seeing are, imo, lazy.

Electrodes ability only works on non-ex/gx pokemon so it wont be that Good anyway.

Electrode's way too costly in the current meta. I ain't even an active player and I can see the problem with it.

I have a ton of EX-era cards. This set is tugging on my nostalgia heartstrings. Combined with the fact not too many of these cards seem to have much competitive value, it hopefully means it won't be too pricey to complete the set. The English release will combine these cards with another expansion, to make an unattractively large set to try and collect, but I might buy a Japanese box of Champion Road.

• Electrode-GX - Anything of it is interesting but the fact that you give up 2 painful prizes just to attach Energy to the one that isn't a GX sounds a downgrade to me. Better not. 2-3 Geodudes, and also 190 HP on a Stage 1 is disgusting.
  • Banette-GX - I don't know why this card won Worlds before. Everything on it is awesome. Inflicting dmg and retrieving cards is awesome. But its weak to Zoroark, that leads me of giving 3-4 Geodudes to it.
  • Sableye - Good Sableyes is almost broken. Guaranteed one-of if the bench space will agree with me. 4 Geodudes
  • Rainbow Energy - So Beautiful!!

They skipped Mega Banette in the X/Y block. And they gave it a GX that's a spiritual successor of its ex version. I'm not sure how I feel about this, though the potential of OHKOing Buzzwole for a single energy is tasty while its ability can help with damage numbers.

Electrode GX's Energy Bomber should be worded like baby Electrode's Buzzap Thunder: "Once during your turn (before your attack), you may Knock Out this Pokemon. If you do, search your discard pile for 5 Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon in any way you like (excluding Pokemon-EX and Pokemon-GX)." Giving up 2 prizes just for this kinda blows. Also it's Electro Ball, not Energy Ball.

Sableye's Disable should be changed to affect the Defending Pokemon instead, since it's the target at the time of the attack, meaning that if it goes to the bench, Disable's effect will be removed.

Last edited:
I know its dumb but Electrode-GX in expanded with Life Dew and a way to get it back sounds nice paired up with a few things. Coolest partners I like for it are RAinbow Force Xerneas and SM15 Zygarde. either easily power up your xern's or hit an easy 210 with baby zygarde.

Naganadel GX and Electrode GX deck!

Use Electrode GX ability to Supercharge big attackers, and then use Naganadel's GX attack to even the prize count. Now you're prepared to sweep the rest of the game! Just need a good big attacker...

#love

Use Electrode GX ability to Supercharge big attackers, and then use Naganadel's GX attack to even the prize count. Now you're prepared to sweep the rest of the game! Just need a good big attacker...

#love

Unfortunately Electrode only attaches to non-gx pokemon, so it can't be that big

You all do realize that you can play around the GX clause on Extra Energy Bomber for Evolved GX by simply attach the energy to the Pre-evo before evolving.

all the decks that ran electrode ex, back in the day, ran cards that only worked if you where behind on prize cards.
such as double rainbow energy, which is similar to counter energy, but can only be attached to evolved pokemon.

Electrode decks with counter energy, counter catcher might just become a thing. we'll have to wait and see.
now we just have to work out how to get 5 energy in the discard pile, in a format without battle compressor. :/

#love
Electrod only accels non-GX which is a "downgrade" kind of mechanic. It should be on GXs.

all the decks that ran electrode ex, back in the day, ran cards that only worked if you where behind on prize cards.
such as double rainbow energy, which is similar to counter energy, but can only be attached to evolved pokemon.

Electrode decks with counter energy, counter catcher might just become a thing. we'll have to wait and see.
now we just have to work out how to get 5 energy in the discard pile, in a format without battle compressor. :/
Remember the updated rules for Prize penalty which is recently announce on google' channel, Playing counter cards must be careful

I know its dumb but Electrode-GX in expanded with Life Dew and a way to get it back sounds nice paired up with a few things. Coolest partners I like for it are RAinbow Force Xerneas and SM15 Zygarde. either easily power up your xern's or hit an easy 210 with baby zygarde.
210 not 250. ;(

Sorry @steffenka

Remember the updated rules for Prize penalty which is recently announce on google' channel, Playing counter cards must be careful

Yeah the new ruling is weird. apparently, your not allowed to take the 2 prize cards if the opponent miss played, and instead you need something that says you only need to take 2 less prizes to win the game. but if you do pick up the 2 prizes from your opponents miss play. your the one making a miss play, and your opponent gets a prize slip that says they only need to take 2 less prizes. But effects of cards like N will still shuffle draw 6 (if you had 6 prizes remaining. plus the 2 prize lead). and Gladion will still let you look at all 6 face down prize cards. same with Town Map. all you would have to do is pick 4 prizes whenever you get a ko and you win the game.

I commented on that video, saying how I was going to create my own proxy "token cards" to place in my prize card zone. Just as a sort of reminder. if you see the comment, from yours truly, leave a like on it!

Also i said double rainbow energy in my last post. i was wrong. it was Scramble energy that only works if you have more prizes than your opponent.

Sometimes it seems they deliberately nerf cards that could be fun to play.
Banette not having a 0 retreat cost for example.

Banetter will help curb the sea of buzzwole decks that will come from beast ring and all the ultra beast support. Electrode is going to be touch to play but it might be cool in a Raichu deck or Naganadel gx to reset the prizes after placing yourself down to 4. We shall see!

I'm trying to think of ways to make that Banette reprint remotely playable - if only it was 20/supporter. (Which would be reasonable imo, seeing as the attack is capped at 130, and even with a Band you will never one-shot anything relevant other than Buzzwole. Not sure if Naganadel will be that relevant.) Mysterious Treasure and Ultra Ball + this Sableye reprint could help but I think it's still too slow. Also, currently there is no Zoroark counter option for a theoretical deck based around Banette. Oh well. Into the binder you go I guess.

Back