'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
I hope to pull FA Bonnie and FA Lucario at prerelease. We'll see what happens!

Are people all that excited for this set or is there a general "meh" about Forbidden Light? I can't tell this time around.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Has there ever been another case when a Regular and FA card release in the same set in Japan, but then only the Regular card makes into the subsequent English set?

I know in the case of cards like Hau and Olivia, for example, the Regulars were part of the Japanese sets, and then their FAs were released later as promos. In that case, it made sense that there would be a "one-set delay" in the English release.

Just trying to figure out if this situation with FA Lady has any precedence...

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I really hate this set. It does not have any card that is really good playable except more Buzzwole support. Buzzwole takes over the meta, as it cannot be stopped anymore.

Malamar and Mysterious Treasure are both huge boosts to psychic decks, Necrozma/Malamar is absolutely going to be a deck and a major one at that considering how you have a massively high probability to get a t1 Brigette running both ultras and treasures.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
They want to make Diantha feel as though people actually like her.
I like her in the games. But I don't like the card

I like her in the games. But I don't like the card
In the anime she is kinda weak. She depends on Mega Evolution to win matches. I don't believe you see any of her other Pokemon in the anime besides Gardevior.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMaskedMeowth

Aspiring Trainer
Has there ever been another case when a Regular and FA card release in the same set in Japan, but then only the Regular card makes into the subsequent English set?

I know in the case of cards like Hau and Olivia, for example, the Regulars were part of the Japanese sets, and then their FAs were released later as promos. In that case, it made sense that there would be a "one-set delay" in the English release.

Just trying to figure out if this situation with FA Lady has any precedence...

I don't think so but this is the opposite of what happened to Skyla, where her normal was released in Japan's BW6 and the FA was in BW7, but both prints were included in our BW6 set.

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
Are there situations where you would want to use eneporter instead of enhanced hammer? I don't see it getting much play at all.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
Can't wait to get my hands on some Goomy!
honestly, it feels like you could play it once zinnia drops, just put a couple of manaphy's on the bench and you're good to go.

the fact the 40 hp one can't be donked by buzzwole unless some float stone max elixir shenanigans is nice too.

starg09

Aspiring Trainer
Are there situations where you would want to use eneporter instead of enhanced hammer? I don't see it getting much play at all.
Well, depending on the meta and techs being used, it might be a good option.

Not the best example, but for Buzzwole running Regirock-EX / Diancie ♦ plus carbink break for recovery. If you hammer the strong energy, they're most likely recovering it with carbink eventually. but if using Eneporter into any of those (probably the regi?), they're stuck with only regular fighting being discarded.

Another good one, moving a counter energy into a GX on bench, making it less effective. Again, if discarded they could use special charge; but if on something not being targeted (yet?), it's almost as good as in the Lost Zone (although they can have ways around it, like doing Guzma/Switch and retreating)

I don't see it making a much better job than Enhanced as of right now, but it could get some good use eventually!

A Dragon of Destiny

The Ultimate Dragon
Who else sees nagnadel-GX taking over the meta?

First: It's a psychic type, so it hits for weakness against Buzzswole
Second: Its first attack is Zoroark-GX's attack but for ultra beasts
Third: its searchable with mysterious treasure and the new stadium along with the new beast support cards.
Lastly: It has one of the best GX attacks made yet, evening the playing field for both players