Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I will clarify is that here I mean 'big' as in an emotional kneejerk to a pretty common thing (a reminder to everyone of the people that just voted a townie) as opposed to lengthy response. For example, no-one else in the same list responded to it at all, whereas you got defensive.

Huh, fair enough, that is true.

struck me at the time of a "Hey everyone, see how town I must be!!", reinforcement, even though it was only an early vote that could have come off if he was in any real danger. legit town don't usually highlight their townie actions like this unless they are under direct pressure.

Welp, didn't write that in that way, but I can see how it can be interpreted to be.

Sim isn’t going to defend himself let’s just majority vote him already

No.
He's in majority already, we need the rest of the players to speak up. Otherwise we're helping the scum to lay low even easier.

or sim is scum thought AP wasn’t scum said he had reasons to defend him thinking AP was town and that it would make him more credible

I guess not. Look, I hate lynching someone without letting them defend themselves. Sim has not logged in since Friday. Plus, we are lynching him based on a theory that (like any theory) may be completely wrong. It can fall on two terms:
1) sim was not referring to AP during D2 when he said he wanted to look into someone.
2) the ability sim used did not inform him any cutting proof that AP is town or scum, but perhaps simply gave him a feeling that AP is town, and that was enough for him to defend him.

This is at least the only explanation I can come up with for sim being town.

However, consider these facts that we know:

Sim said he believes AP to be town during D3 when AP was scum.
Sim did not explain why, because he did not think it was worth to reveal at the time.

Usually, the things you don't want to reveal is a role that helped you to get some understanding, so that's what is so confusing if sim is town. Why would he defend AP like that when AP was scum since the end of D2? Also, there is always the chance that it was not him using an ability, but one of his scum buddies. Eventually, without any response from sim or an alternative convincing explanation, I think sim should be lynched.

Let's consider the option that sim is town. That would mean he used an ability on AP during night 2 when AP was scum. So in this case, he should have probably received one info of this role that was flipped in the update:

You are Tropius, and you’re aligned with the Mischief Makers. Once the spirit of Dhelmise, you took possession of this weird banana-dragon thing part way through this crisis, aspiring to a more mischievous life. Now, you’re right sick and tired of all these good-for-nothing kids climbing all over you and eating your bananas. This isn't quite the new beginning that you had hoped for!

Passive Ability: A Late Possession
The Mischief Makers decided beforehand that it would be good to set up a means of communication to discuss their plans with each other during all hours of the day and night. There's just one problem. You took over this body after it gained access to that secret chat, and now you have no clue how to access it! At least you know who the others are (sent to you in a second post), even if they may not know of you...

Active Ability: Fruits of Your Labors
Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player and one of the fruits listed below. You will pass that fruit to that player, who may choose to eat it or pass it on to another player. Each fruit may be chosen only once.

Apicot Berry - This is a very, very mystifying Berry. There is no telling how it can be used, or what may happen if it is used.
Belue Berry - This glossy and colorful Berry has a mouth-wateringly delicious appearance. However, it is awfully sour.
Chople Berry - This Berry contains a substance that generates heat. It can even heat up a chilly heart.
Enigma Berry - A completely enigmatic Berry. It apparently has the power of the stars that fill the night sky.
Pinkan Berry - After tasting the sweetness of this berry, one becomes compelled to eat more of it. The vivid pink pigment that colours its flesh is widely sought as a dye.
Rabuta Berry - Even though it is bitter, it should be eaten peel and all. The hair on the peel cleans the stomach from the inside.
Starf Berry - This Berry is considered a mirage. It was said to be so strong that it had to be abandoned at the world’s edge.
Win Condition: Achieve parity or better with the Innocent Beachgoers.

I see nothing that can alone let sim think AP is townish.

Do you?

idk..

I really want to hear from sim..

OK, I feel like I have to say it, even though it will probably get me killed. I know sim's ability. I swapped mine with him:

Active Ability: New Dances
Even the best dancer isn’t afraid to learn new dance moves to keep up with the times! Each Night Phase, you may PM me the name of a living player. You’ll spend all night learning their favorite moves–– and will gain a single-use version of each of one of their Active Abilities (if any, excluding Locked Abilities). But don’t let your moves go out of style! If you successfully copy a player’s Abilities in this way, you won’t be able to target them again with this Ability.

So sim used this ability last night, as we know from the update. Only way he is town is if he used it on AP during N1 when AP was town so he copied an ability that was really townie. I wanted to keep this for myself so scum won't kill me for having this ability now, but I think it's not fair for you guys to not know about this when we are going to lynch him.
Now help me out here and judge for yourself what is more probable.

@DFL, I have school and don't get home until 3:00. Many days I have very little time after school. I am also new to the game and don't I can contribute helpful insight. When I think I can contribute I stay silent.

The Day Phase will be extended by 24 hours and thus now will fall in 28 hours (see this countdown). If a majority would like the day to end earlier than that, they can obviously hammer a lynch by reaching majority votes.

idk in the only past game I’ve played the night kill was a “factional ability”

Then what you're saying makes no sense at all; since it'd be a group night action and wouldn't be in any roles (or as a host that's what I'd do).

Potential slip right here.

@SM
the reason why my post was so short, and I dissapeared, was becuase I had to go to school.
Sim said he believes AP to be town during D3 when AP was scum.
Sim did not explain why, because he did not think it was worth to reveal at the time.
And this is essentially what I felt, but much more the 2nd one

Then what you're saying makes no sense at all; since it'd be a group night action and wouldn't be in any roles (or as a host that's what I'd do).

Potential slip right here.
This is not the first time I see a slip from him. Look at this:
But to help out
Sim is a good lynch for the next night
His interactions with AP would tell us whether he is scum or not
Sim is probably scum in the first place just based on how he’s playing
If I die tonight remember this I am now 100% sure Sim is scum
Town's lynch occur during the day, only scum kills during the night. I'm surprised nobody noted it at that moment.
##VOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS

Regarding sim's case, I still don't have a position taken , I re-read all his posts but couldn't find any substantial thing that indicates alignment. My read on him is neutral for now.

Total epicness goes from pushing UBER hard for a Sim lynch to saying the NEXT night... Come on man....

Especially after someone said that if Sim flips town then Total epicness is an automatic lynch....

I agree with @Mariano11887

Also why would your ability harm people if you were town... It doesn't add up

Thats the type of ability that a mafia goon usually has ...

##UNVOTW
##VOTW: TOTAL EPICNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back